Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Guys, I've updated the Dropbox with a new folder containing all individual presets, sorted by genre.

The alternate versions are labelled as such. Also check the READ ME.txt file. There's a total of 494 presets, counting the alternative versions

Tomorrow, I'll upload new presets made with the brand new JS410 amp models !

Guys, I've updated the Dropbox with a new folder containing all individual presets, sorted by genre.

The alternate versions are labelled as such. Also check the READ ME.txt file. There's a total of 494 presets, counting the alternative versions

Did I miss the JS410 in the release notes?

Thanks !

Exactly what I expected.
It is a great feature for people like me who prefers to work with one preset at a time when trying new things.
Thanks a lot .
(purchase made and presets downloaded of course ;) )

A propos Fremen, is it "normal" that you don't have anymore the column "replacement suggestion" in your Cab Excel-file ?
It was a great information.

If I take the U5, it was interesting to know it could be replace with stock cab F3,F4,F5,F6 (, U4, U8)
Now, we just don't have these information anymore in your last version of the Cab Excel-file

Yes it's normal, as I already did the work with the alternate version of the banks/presets : I checked the best alternative cab myself, tweaked the amp block if needed, and stored the preset

Hey - have a question for either Fremen or for anyone that is using these new presets. I paid the $30 for the presets and i was messing with them last night. Sounds amazing!! i have some confusion as to how i am supposed to use these presets though and hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I tried loading up both the Alternate and the Normal version of the banks. On BOTH of these different versions, there are USER cabs assigned to the presets. It was my understanding that the Alternate version was specifically supposed to be using only FACTORY cabs so that we did NOT have to buy and commercial cabs. I own plenty of FAS and ML cab packs, however just for ease of use, i wanted to run thru the Alternate banks that are supposed to have just factory cabs. Am i misunderstanding this? is there an error somewhere on my end? are the Alternate banks supposed to have JUST Factory cabs? or are there User cabs in the Alternate version? Someone please help me figure this out. thank you!!

Hey - have a question for either Fremen or for anyone that is using these new presets. I paid the $30 for the presets and i was messing with them last night. Sounds amazing!! i have some confusion as to how i am supposed to use these presets though and hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I tried loading up both the Alternate and the Normal version of the banks. On BOTH of these different versions, there are USER cabs assigned to the presets. It was my understanding that the Alternate version was specifically supposed to be using only FACTORY cabs so that we did NOT have to buy and commercial cabs. I own plenty of FAS and ML cab packs, however just for ease of use, i wanted to run thru the Alternate banks that are supposed to have just factory cabs. Am i misunderstanding this? is there an error somewhere on my end? are the Alternate banks supposed to have JUST Factory cabs? or are there User cabs in the Alternate version? Someone please help me figure this out. thank you!!

The User cabs referenced in that set are in the Free IR Cabs folder which you can find in Freman's blog. These presets are either Factory OR Free User Cabs.

UPDATE: Since Freman put these in single presets (see above) these 'alternate' presets were saved as bundles, so they will place the free cab IR into your scratchpad(s) when you load them. If you save the preset, save the scratchpad(s) to your user slot(s) so you can use them as cab(s) for your new preset..

Last edited:
The User cabs referenced in that set are in the Free IR Cabs folder which you can find in Freman's blog. These presets are either Factory OR Free User Cabs.

UPDATE: Since Freman put these in single presets (see above) these 'alternate' presets were saved as bundles, so they will place the free cab IR into your scratchpad(s) when you load them. If you save the preset, save the scratchpad(s) to your user slots that you will then point your new preset at.
i didn't quite understand the UPDATE part of your response... any way you can explain a bit more in depth? thank you!!!!!

okay i re-read that again and am i understanding this correctly? - basically when i load up one of his presets that uses a "user" cab, i should really be looking into the Scratch Pad for the actual Cab i need to use? so once i revert to the scratch pad i should hear a difference and it should be more accurate to what Thib had in mind? or am i way off?

<Confusion wrt location of the files deleted>

EDIT: Okay, too quick on the post, I see it. It is a Folder called '05 All Presets' got it. Thanks!

So going forward, it looks like it is just really important that I never lose this link URL.

Last edited:
okay i re-read that again and am i understanding this correctly? - basically when i load up one of his presets that uses a "user" cab, i should really be looking into the Scratch Pad for the actual Cab i need to use? so once i revert to the scratch pad i should hear a difference and it should be more accurate to what Thib had in mind? or am i way off?

You have to download the individual presets sorted by genre from Dropbox, See Freman's post on this above... Once you do that, you will be able to open the individual preset files. The ones with the 'alternitive' suffix are bundles. If you haven't worked with bundles before, they are presets that have the Cab IR 'bundled' inside of them. When you open one of these bundle files, Axe Edit is going to pop up a dialog box telling you that this bundle has placed a cab in your scratchpad location. We have 4 of these scratchpad locations on the axe so you can have 1 or 2 cabs in the preset... The dialog box will explain that you have to save out the preset AND the Cab IRs so you will have to save these cabs from your Scratchpad or Scratchpads into open User IR slots, that you can then reference when using your saved out preset. Make sense?

<Confusion wrt location of the files deleted>

EDIT: Okay, too quick on the post, I see it. It is a Folder called '05 All Presets' got it. Thanks!

So going forward, it looks like it is just really important that I never lose this link URL.

There is a new folder call 05 All Presets... Download that

I've decided that since your pre sets sound so good why not try them. Payment sent looking forward to checking out your tones
Thanks

Here is a good time with your pants on...

Load up an 'Alternate' bundle and copy X to Y so you have scratchpad cabs in both. Now go through a purchased cab pack and find corresponding cabs to what is in the scratchpad slots. Load these cabs in your user slots and select them in the Y state so you can toggle between X and Y to hear the difference. You can of course use the one Freman does in his standard preset but what fun is that?...

If you have The Amp Factory's Big Box, try this one on for size:

Load Fremen's Comet Concorde [Alternate]
Replace the TDR Marshall Warm cab with TAF-2X12-VINTAGE-[R121-SM57]
(you can find that cab in <Install_Dir>\BIGBOX-PLATINUM\FRACTAL-AXEFX\IRs_AXEFX2\II\MIXES\VINTAGE\2X12\MICS_[R121_&_SM57])

Oh my what a nice job that cab does in there when using 2nd position on a Strat!!!

Back
Top Bottom