Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

The amp tones just don't sound very good at all in the demo.......am I missing something?

I mean I've heard some cool very involved presets etc.....but never really any good organic amp tones from the OP. Just very scratchy overly processed tones for the most part.

The amp tones just don't sound very good at all in the demo.......am I missing something?

I mean I've heard some cool very involved presets etc.....but never really any good organic amp tones from the OP. Just very scratchy overly processed tones for the most part.

I agree that he should showcase more clean, blues and rock tones in the demo. When I first listened to it I felt the same way as you. . But having owned his presets I knew what he was capable. Im sure lots of folks would like to hear a bit more tone diversity in the demo. I must admit to not being a fan of metal stuff.

Going by the last batch of presets, not to mention the album you released, I have no reservations about paying you for your hard work. Payment sent!

update!!! My usb powered stereo speaker I was listening thru on my Mac was completely panned to the right! I think I was messing with the panning yesterday to help dial in a VH patch!

I went to system preferences/speaker tab & put the slider back in the center! Duh!

Everything sounds way better now of course.......lol

update!!! My usb powered stereo speaker I was listening thru on my Mac was completely panned to the right! I think I was messing with the panning yesterday to help dial in a VH patch!

I went to system preferences/speaker tab & put the slider back in the center! Duh!

Everything sounds way better now of course.......lol

For a very nice sample of a variety of tones, I found this at his blog. There are others there as well.

Last edited:
I've done so many videos now that it's hard to not repeat myself ;) I should probably do more using backing tracks instead of just noodling. I wanted to cover "Pull me under" - btw check the "Pull me under" tonematch preset, metal guys

The 5 scene presets alone are worth the 30 bucks! Love them!!!

NOTE: Make sure you are on Quatum 2 BETA 3 as these must have been built on that version. Any earlier version of Quantum (such as Quantum 2 BETA 2) will show the presets as 'blank' when you import them in.

I will export presets for the three normal banks, and bundles for the alternate versions, and put them in the dropbox. It will take me some time, expect the update during the week-end.

I will export presets for the three normal banks, and bundles for the alternate versions, and put them in the dropbox. It will take me some time, expect the update during the week-end.

I import the presets individually from the bundles and I made a user cab export with the free cabs in their spots. The only hard part now is finding the appropriate 'pay for' cabs and creating mixes... One day this will be a collaboration between you and the cab vendors and it will all be easy peasy!

Thanks again for all of this Freeman, you rock!!

Fremen's presets are works of art. His tones are solid and play great in a mix. And he really knows how to paint with effects blocks.

Pick them apart and see what you learn! The presets are very creative, with surprises and unique approaches all over the place. If you've seen his previous stuff, you know what I mean.

Contribution has been sent. Thanks in advance.

Is there an easy way to know which presets have been designed for single coils v/ humbuckers?

Is the input trim knob the best way to adapt presets to guitar style (adapting a singe coil preset to use it with humbuckers for instance or the contrary)?

Is there an easy way to know which presets have been designed for single coils v/ humbuckers?
I almost always use humbuckers for high gain, single coils (intermediary positions 2 & 4 on a dual humbucker Ibanez) for cleans and crunch

Is the input trim knob the best way to adapt presets to guitar style (adapting a singe coil preset to use it with humbuckers for instance or the contrary)?
It's the best way of doing it, yes

Fremen's presets are works of art. His tones are solid and play great in a mix. And he really knows how to paint with effects blocks.

Pick them apart and see what you learn! The presets are very creative, with surprises and unique approaches all over the place. If you've seen his previous stuff, you know what I mean.
Thanks for the kind words Rex :)

Got them and ran quick thru ... Great sounding stuff ... Frem put lots of work into this - so I would like to thank him for this and all his previous work and contributions.
30 bucks well spent. :)

Back
Top Bottom