Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Yes… But selecting/deselecting is not necessary, unless you work on your own presets ! All the presets I tested were fine, except some volume ups and downs :)

Interesting I had thought the amp blocks had to be reset in each firmware update, otherwise the presets would be operating in the amp's previous firmware state. I guess that shows what I know!

You need to reset if you want the new defaults settings, when you start from scratch. But, if in current state it sounds good...
I have an incredible amount of work in front of me, updating/perfecting existing presets, and making many, many new ones... And I'm quite excited, even if I'll spend the whole Sunday, and many weeks after that, alone at home with my Axe and the RAC12, which I've just started using. Am I crazy ? :D:cool:

You need to reset if you want the new defaults settings, when you start from scratch. But, if in current state it sounds good...
I kinda wish Fractal would release a document showing which default settings change with each firmware. I know it would be a ton of work, and probably too much to ask for...but it would make updating presets a bit less angst inducing for the OCD folks like myself. :D

I am also looking forward to your new presets. I'm sure you can weave your magic using the new stuff. Your ear, knowledge, and patience have always been better than what I could come up with. They give me a quick foundation to make slight adjustments from, and save me having to go tweak crazy. I also hope you use stock IR's and free IR's as it makes it easier. Hope you up to the challenge.

Hello, yes regarding IRs there will always be the free/stock cabs option, and in fact I want to limit the number of third party commercial IRs my presets uses. I also removed all the cabs that are no longer sold by Ownhammer, which released better versions anyway. I also decided that this time I'll sell smaller and cheaper thematic packs, instead of of big pack with everything. Last but not least, I'll probably have a proper website

Today, it's all about the 5 scenes presets...

Here's how I update them to Quantum 7.02
Necessary steps :
- inserting new settings for the compressor, which has changed with the last firmware and will sound much quieter on the old settings
- resetting the amp, which means loading the default settings for advanced parameter, then restoring some of my tweaks. I'm using a RAC12 to set the volume
- adding a Filter block, which sets the amp volume on the five different scenes (previously on some presets, the "scene 2" controller was attached to amp volume, but this is not compatible with AX8)
- Adjusting the scene 2 settings (on some presets, illogically, it was reversed, now I'm making all the presets the same)
- if necessary, adjusting the scene 1 settings too - Scene 1 controller is attached to amp drive and input trim
- if I feel the need to, adjusting the amp tonestack
- comparing with other 5 scene presets so their volume is the same

I usually use bridge humbucker for scenes 4 and 5, intermediary position with coil split for scenes 1-3

Last edited:
I have an incredible amount of work in front of me, updating/perfecting existing presets, and making many, many new ones... And I'm quite excited, even if I'll spend the whole Sunday, and many weeks after that, alone at home with my Axe and the RAC12, which I've just started using. Am I crazy ? :D:cool:

No you are not crazy, we love it!!!!

Today, it's all about the 5 scenes presets...

Here's how I update them to Quantum 7.02
Necessary steps :
- inserting new settings for the compressor, which has changed with the last firmware and will sound much quieter on the old settings
- resetting the amp, which means loading the default settings for advanced parameter, then restoring some of my tweaks. I'm using a RAC12 to set the volume
- adding a Filter block, which sets the amp volume on the five different scenes (previously on some presets, the "scene 2" controller was attached to amp volume, but this is not compatible with AX8)
- Adjusting the scene 2 settings (on some presets, illogically, it was reversed, now I'm making all the presets the same)
- if necessary, adjusting the scene 1 settings too - Scene 1 controller is attached to amp drive and input trim
- if I feel the need to, adjusting the amp tonestack
- comparing with other 5 scene presets so their volume is the same

I usually use bridge humbucker for scenes 4 and 5, intermediary position with coil split for scenes 1-3

Hi Fremen, are u ok?

Well... one question: This 5 scenes pack are included or will be included in the Quantum pack ($40) when this one is updated to Quantum 7.02?

Hey Fremen looking forward to your updates. For my setup, your presets are still the ones that translate best of all the paid presets Ive tried.

Dont intend to hijack this thread but I do have a question related to your hand pain. I recently decided to really focus on my picking technique, and I spend at least four hours an evening working on that alone. It's been great and I have made huge progress in just the last three month's. However, in the last week or so I have been experiencing a pretty constant pain in my left hand. I have been taking anti inflammatory and stretching to no avail. Even tried some non traditional "Colorado relief cream" on my hand (which works long enough to get me through band practice oddly enough). My concern is that I may be slowly injuring myself, but part of me thinks it may be part of the natural process of building hand strength... like going to the gym. I don't want to slow down my practice routine, as I can tell I lose ground if I skip more than one or two days, and I've gotten to the point where things that I couldn't execute before are now becoming almost second nature... its really made playing a totally new experience, and the gain is worth the pain for me (at this point). It sounds as though you have some experience with this as well. So my question is how do you deal with it, is there something I can be doing to mitigate the pain and still put in the hours?

Like others have said, I hope your well and I appreciate all you contribute to the Fractal community. Looking forward to your take on 7.02
Sorry for the off topic post

Hey Fremen looking forward to your updates. For my setup, your presets are still the ones that translate best of all the paid presets Ive tried.

Dont intend to hijack this thread but I do have a question related to your hand pain. I recently decided to really focus on my picking technique, and I spend at least four hours an evening working on that alone. It's been great and I have made huge progress in just the last three month's. However, in the last week or so I have been experiencing a pretty constant pain in my left hand. I have been taking anti inflammatory and stretching to no avail. Even tried some non traditional "Colorado relief cream" on my hand (which works long enough to get me through band practice oddly enough). My concern is that I may be slowly injuring myself, but part of me thinks it may be part of the natural process of building hand strength... like going to the gym. I don't want to slow down my practice routine, as I can tell I lose ground if I skip more than one or two days, and I've gotten to the point where things that I couldn't execute before are now becoming almost second nature... its really made playing a totally new experience, and the gain is worth the pain for me (at this point). It sounds as though you have some experience with this as well. So my question is how do you deal with it, is there something I can be doing to mitigate the pain and still put in the hours?

Like others have said, I hope your well and I appreciate all you contribute to the Fractal community. Looking forward to your take on 7.02
Sorry for the off topic post

Hello, I'm dealing with pain as I can... It's much better than it was the previous years. But I never fully recovered the strength of my left hand ring finger, which is really slowing me down.

You may want to check that thread :
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-carpal-tunnel-and-other-hand-aliments.70916/

@cragginshred helped me too, specially for exercises for my ring finger, but I'm confess I'm too lazy and did them a couple of times only

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom