[Fremen] presets V15.02 uploaded

Yes that's true, it's the best mix I ever add… I will check the mix, and some others, this week-end

Fremen, HI, and thanks for making your presets available !!
I have a question about your presets..I downloaded your V17 presets and was messing with them..I was especially interested in your acoustic simulations..
I saw at the beginning of this thread your video that shows your acoustic sounds.. i assume they are in ver 17 as well.
I am looking for a good clean tone.. I am new to AX FX, so am learning.. But when i use your presets.. It sounds very muted and thudy..( Not like your video) Are you using special pickups that require this type of filtering? or maybe some special CAB. I noticed many of your presets use the User cab so they dont work unless you update the CAB. I have ibanez RG 570 style guitar.. I thought I read some place you use simlar.. anyway.. if you have some idea i would appreciate it.. if not..I will just keep messing with it.. Maybe i can figure out.. I didnt spend much time. Also what amp do you use for good punch, clean tones.. I see the Roland 120 ?? My current rig I use a ADA MP1 tube preamp.. and it has a SOLID STATE clean that I like to use for clean.. Only Sold state clean amp i see in the list is the ROLAND i think.. so maybe that is the best starting point?
Thanks again

Hello, my guitar has quite bright pickups, Bare Knuckle Holydiver and Emerald, they are brighter than the DiMarzio I had before so for V17 I had to cur some treble/presence. Also, my amp settings are specifically for my custom user IRs, custom mixes I made from FAS or Redwirez cabs, and as I can't share them (they're commercial), you won't have the same sound if you use other IRs.
For a good solid state clean sound the JC120 is the amp to use, yes. Check my preset 003 for that, it doesn't even use a cab so that one will be fine for you, maybe all you will need is to make it brighter if your guitar is darker sounding than mine

Thank your for your ideas.. It isn't just darker, it sounds like a thump with a little bit of the guitar sound.. very muted hard to explain, and all your acoustic patches I think sound like that.. So much be something that I don't have in my unit that you have in yours. I understand about not sharing IR's. So that's fine. Maybe I will try just your V15 acoustic ones in my XL and see if they are the same.. Probably some common thing you do with your basic starting point for acoustic sounds.. I will check out 003..
Thanks again.

Update :

http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/Fremen_V17.03.rar

right click, save as ; use Winrar or other equivalent software to extract the files

What's new :

- a few new personal presets, like the one I used for these videos : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/93961-two-new-video-covers-fw-17-02-a.html
- some presets from other users (Yek, jazzhooligan, Victor Mancini...), identified with a * or ** (* = no or small tweaks, ** = bigger tweaks)
- some new user IRs (see screenshot), mostly from FAS cab pack 7
- presets level in bank B, and beginning of bank C, adjusted using the RMS utility. Most for rhythm playing, some are for lead so a little bit louder.
- The presets from my "high gain starting pack" are now merged with other presets in bank B (sorted by amp model)

As usual I only share the free IRs ; unfortunately many presets use commercial IRs (all my main clean sounds does) so they won't sound the same if you don't have those IRs. Check my blog for some IR mixes recipes

Enjoy !

Last edited:
Problem with Fremen preset

On an earlier Youtube video you played Major Penta Harmonies and it sounded wonderful. When I try to use the preset it doesn't work. The pitch block says 5 for one harmony and 6 for the other so shouldn't those be high harmonies. Instead I get bass harmonies. I would love to get the sound you got. Thanks for any help.

'sup guys...

Fremen's guitar blog: Axe-Fx II presets for firmware 15.02

A quick rundown :

00:16 Various electro-acoustic simulation presets (made for my Ibanez RG520)
01:40 Eighties style pristine clean sounds
02:14 Punchy clean sounds
02:40 Vox like crunch sounds
03:35 Marshall crunch sounds
04:34 Dumble lead (also see this video : Axe-Fx II fw15 Dumble - Loose blues - YouTube )
05:01 Mid & high gain lead sounds
08:50 High gain user cabs shootout, using the same preset and a reamp. Check this part if you don't own the commercial IRs I use in my presets ; it will either help you to choose close sounding IRs from your user cabs, or convince you to buy those IRs !

Check my blog for details on the presets and user cabs. Enjoy !

you need to program my custom harmonies :

Arabic harmonies : Custom scales 3 (Voice 1) and 4 (voice 2)
Major penta harmonies : Custom scales 5 (Voice 1) and 6 (Voice 2)
Custom scale 3 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 4 semi, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3.
Custom scale 4 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 7 semi, 9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 6, 7.
Custom scale 5 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 3 semi, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4.
Custom scale 6 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 8 semi, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7.

So the 5 and the 6 refer to the custom scales and not a 5th and a 6th harmony? I assumed the custom scales were already programmed into the preset. I'll try it. Thank you so much!!!

you need to program my custom harmonies :

Arabic harmonies : Custom scales 3 (Voice 1) and 4 (voice 2)
Major penta harmonies : Custom scales 5 (Voice 1) and 6 (Voice 2)
Custom scale 3 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 4 semi, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3.
Custom scale 4 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 7 semi, 9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 6, 7.
Custom scale 5 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 3 semi, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4.
Custom scale 6 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 8 semi, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7.

Yes, custom scales 5 and 6, which you can tweak in the GLOBAL menu. Note that my custom scale is for a guitar in Eb but you can change that in the pitch block with the TONIC parameter

I don't have enough time to finish them right now, but yes I am. I'll try to finish by next week

Here's a short video with 18.01 presets not yet tweaked, they already sound good... I uploaded this to help a friend sell his Charvel locally. I will do a real 18.01 demo as usual

The work on banks A, B & C is almost completed, currently it looks like that :

https://www.facebook.com/fremen.mu/posts/10152637803827245

I will need to update the tonematches presets though, they were done with firmware 18 beta or even firmware 17. I'll do that a week or two after the release. Here's a video I did with an older firmware :

I want to test a few more ideas and IRs before uploading everything. I also need to record a video demo – but this time, I would like to use DI tracks from other users. I cannot play well these days (small tendinitis + burnout and insomnia) so I would gladly use any 15 sec/30 sec DI track – blues, rock, country, clean strat in quack position, heavy riffing (six strings only please, lol) you can send me, if they fit with the presets :)

How's it going? Getting any di tracks?
I'd be glad to help you out but I'm in a hectic work period for the next few weeks, so instead I'd like to urge others to help you with that. I know there's more than just a couple of guys here enjoying these presets so let's get some tracks produced for the preset master!

Back
Top Bottom