Fremen presets v 18.07

Ah, thanks Craig ! :) btw, where are you exactly in the US ? I may come around Las Vegas/Denver next year

As I posted in my thread earlier today, I've been trying out stuff I normally never would have. This is my GT Les Paul with A4s in it with one of Fremen's Dumble presets. If you've listened to any of my clips ever, you know I'm a high gain guy and this is WAY outside the box for me, but I found this earlier tonight and threw 5 minutes at a clip. Fremen, if this in any way makes your presets seem lame let me know and I'll get rid of it.

Love this one, dude...really outside of what I normally sound like and that's a good thing.

As I posted in my thread earlier today, I've been trying out stuff I normally never would have. This is my GT Les Paul with A4s in it with one of Fremen's Dumble presets. If you've listened to any of my clips ever, you know I'm a high gain guy and this is WAY outside the box for me, but I found this earlier tonight and threw 5 minutes at a clip. Fremen, if this in any way makes your presets seem lame let me know and I'll get rid of it.

Love this one, dude...really outside of what I normally sound like and that's a good thing.

Lol, that's funny... Not the right tool for the job for sure, but it doesn't sound that bad either :) I love the other clip you posted on sevenstrings.org btw !

I'm in vegas. Moved here last September. Would be great to hook up if you are in the area.
Great, I'll let you know !

Hi Thibault, if you pass on the way Hamburg led me know :D
Unfortunately no but I would have loved to

v18.12 coming soon, with some new KPA tonematches (including one of a profile who started an infamous, and now blocked, thread on TGP...), and 20-30 new presets like the AC20/DC30 thing I did in bank B : one amp, gain controlled by scene controllers, five scenes, from clean to mean. I'll do some more of these before uploading. Also, my banks are almost full, no more blank spots for testing purposes

Update is online :)

Fremen's guitar blog: Firmware 18.12 presets

Pay attention to new presets 074 to 096 (074 and 075 were already there but I tweaked them a little), I put a lot of work on these. In each of them, I use one amp, one cab, and set it with various amount of gain through five scenes - from clean (or almost clean) to high distortion. Scene 1 is clean, and from scene 2 to 5 it goes dirtier. It was an interesting experiment : first, most of the time, the clean sound (scene 1) is not as clean as I'm used to on my basic presets ; and the lead sound (scene 5), too, is often less polished (more raw) than what I normally use. Having to use one IR for the various amount of gain was also interesting. I find these presets very useful for jamming in many styles.

Also, my three banks are almost full now, and it's becoming harder to find space for new IRs too

Last edited:
These are really outstanding. I am playing them on a neck through jcustom with an evo2 bridge pickup and a jem 7vwh. They translate very good.

Haven't updated yet; still jamming these from the second time I got them when you updated for the IIC+ that got G3'd.

This stuff is so brutal, Fremen. Thanks man, it's much appreciated. I really haven't had to tweak these much at all aside from volume levels and the occasional bass or gain for certain guitars. This is an EVH Stealth with the Mesa Ownhammer patch...this is my go to for rhythm. I love these presets so much, and the Jäger has nothing to do with it, I swear. :)

Apologies if anyone thinks this sucks; I'm really fuc*in drunk...it's been that kinda week.

I just uploaded this :

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Petrucci Pull me under TM - by fremen

Not a perfect clone but I like it very much

Many things have changed since my latest upload (18.12), specially with those 5 scenes "clean-edge of breakup-crunch-rhythm-lead" presets. I updated some and made many new ones, will upload everything soon. I also uses some new IRs (Ownhammer, FAS cab pack 12, the cab from German Axe fest 2...)

Last edited:
Hi Thibault,
I'm curious on how/why you sometimes use a gate block in your presets rather than the gate built into the Axe FX at the beginning of the input chain? I'm also curious how you have some of your presets with the drive block 'drive' setting controlled from an external pedal, but the minimum setting of 10 and a maximum setting of 5? It just seems it would be the other way around.

For the Expander/Gate : this way, the ratio can be controlled by an expression pedal, and/or the block can be disabled in some scenes

for the Drive pedal : because the normal use of the preset is a cleaner sound ; when I need more drive, I raise the expression pedal, which position are normally 100% (toe down)

For the Expander/Gate : this way, the ratio can be controlled by an expression pedal, and/or the block can be disabled in some scenes

for the Drive pedal : because the normal use of the preset is a cleaner sound ; when I need more drive, I raise the expression pedal, which position are normally 100% (toe down)
Ah hah! Makes sense. Thanks Thibault.

One other question...... In your 'Morgan AC20 with 5 scenes' preset, in the amp block I see the input drive connected to 'scene controller 1' and the input trim connected to external 1 (expression pedal). But in your video you explained that 'scene controller 1' controls both input drive AND input trim. I just want to make sure I follow your intended configuration and didn't lose something in the import.
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom