Fremen presets v 18.07

The Axe II has 132 presets; the XL has 159. So there is an offset of 27 between the two.

If you're using User Cab 50 on the Axe II, you'll be pointing at User Cab (50 - 27 = 23) on the XL.

User cabs 1-27 on the Axe II will be pointing at factory cabs (I think—I don't have an XL, so I can't verify that) on the XL.

I used this formula after importing the preset banks to my XL:
* For Factory Cabs F133-F159 subtract 132 from the cab number
* For User Cabs add 27 to the cab number

heavy manual work unfortunately, but worth it. These presets are awesome.

Trying to use your download file which is rar on a Mac. UnRarZ is a utility to decompress, but it says your file is not an rar file. Any suggestions?

UPDATE.

Got it!(I just needed to let the download complete before uncompressing it) :ambivalence: Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
On my office's mac, I used stuffit expander, but I'm more a Windows guy. I can send you the files individually, PM me your email.

My computer is repaired, and my FTP is working, so that's a relief ! forwarding files to people and answering emails with my Nook tablet was not as smooth as using a desktop computer, I hate tablets :) I updated the blog post with the download link

I really like some of your patches, I am not sure if this was in your blog. But how do you run your setup is it stereo or mono? Also I followed your experiment with a 2x12 with frfr speakers. How did that end up, I'm thinking of going full frfr . My back has had enough of big 4x12s, rack effects and head lol. Apologies for going off post

My Mayones Regius with BKP Juggernauts eats these presets with zero tweaking. Awesome stuff like always and big thanks for sharing your cab mix recipes too.

I really like some of your patches, I am not sure if this was in your blog. But how do you run your setup is it stereo or mono? Also I followed your experiment with a 2x12 with frfr speakers. How did that end up, I'm thinking of going full frfr . My back has had enough of big 4x12s, rack effects and head lol. Apologies for going off post
I play in stereo, with a pair of CLR. The experiment with 2x12 and Beyma speakers wasn't satisfactory in the long run. I could hear myself but the sound was rather sterile

My Mayones Regius with BKP Juggernauts eats these presets with zero tweaking. Awesome stuff like always and big thanks for sharing your cab mix recipes too.
Good news ! Sometimes I think that I should have ordered the Juggernaut instead of Holydiver/Emerald. The later are really good but I expected a fatter sound, something with more low mids, à la The Breed

I could record some clips with your presets using the Juggernauts and post them here.

Edit:
Btw, I use CLR cab (and KRK Rokit 6 monitors) with my AFXII

I could record some clips with your presets using the Juggernauts and post them here.

Sorry for the brief thread hijack - @DropTheSun, I like your song in your signature. Reminds me of a djenty Omnium Gatherum. Have you played BKP Aftermaths? I've got those in my Regiuses (Regiii?) and am interested in how they compare to the Juggs.

Reactions: DTS
Sure Fremen! I'll do that, no problem at all. :)

To Metal190:
Thanks for the kind words! I've had Aftermath set in my Ibanez, that had a basswood body. It was super tight on a bass side. Maybe too much for my taste. But overall it was very nice, aggressive and articulate pickup. Juggernaut has way more low end chuck and low mids, that crawl nicely in high gain stuff. I'd say Juggs are fatter and more versatile metal pickups comparing to Aftermaths (that still are a awesome set). Hope this helps.

HELP !

Sent you *Freman" a couple of emails... how do i capture any presets off your homepage? I hope its
easy like the preset fractal official page is? I can load from the official site...just cant seem to find it
on your blog page? Thanks PM sent

Back
Top Bottom