Fremen presets - V 10.02

No problem Fremen! I am blessed to be able to use the creations of some of the great minds on this site. It is mostly over my head but I am trying to learn as I go. Thanks again for the awesome presets and IR's, I updated and played a little tonight and the sound was amazing. Now it's time to figure out how to use my two new Mission pedals....sigh.

There was a sound issue in the video I uploaded yesterday with my firmware 10.12 presets, so I made a new one, a test of two delays in series. Varying the delay times and feedback settings is fun !

I uploaded another video, first showcasing two new presets, then testing various cabs with a rock/heavy preset.

1'52-4'36 : stock cabs
4'37-5'54 : custom cabs I've been using since many firmware versions
5'55-8'15 : New cabs I captured from a Kemper
8'16 : some Ownhammer V2 Mesa V30 cabs, including some mixes.

hmmm, What cab were you using during the very beginning Friedman heavier rhythm when you were messing with the Graph & PEQ?
I thought it sounded really clear and articulate.

Tried FW11b last night for a bit. Went back to 10.12 with Fremen 10.12 presets :)

Donation on the way.

Fremen - thoughts on 11b ?

Thanks Greg ! I tried 11b only briefly, for maybe 10 minutes max ; as soon as I noticed that the volume of my presets has changed (008 rhythm and 009 lead were the same volume ; in 10.12 the lead is louder), I went back to 10.12. I'm quite busy these days so no time to adjusting all the presets I use with my band, even if the adjustments are minimal. I'll install 11b after my next rehearsal

May be BUT Fremens 10.12 sound SO damn good.

I've used Fremen presets almost exclusively since getting my AXE in December.

Really great work Fremen ! used some of your U2 presets for a gig last week and added some others by using your template - stunning !
Is there any suggestion using the presets with conventionel cabs, for exxample a 2x12 with WGS ET65 ?
Any other change recommended except bypassing Cab Sim (gl0bal)?
Maybe some EQ tweak ?

Thank you !

Hello, thanks for the comments ! I never used real cabs so I wouldn't be of any help for that

to whoever asked me by PM for a Kee Marcello preset (sorry, I can't remember who, and neither find the message :/) : the preset is ready, contact me again please

Version 11, Bank A only, right click, save as :

http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/130830-121511-bank-A.syx

Beware : I only checked the presets I'm going to use on a gig tomorrow. That's presets 1 to 14, 16-17, 19-20, 25-28, 31-33, 51-58. Most have been improved compared to older versions. Check the various scenes also. I did test most of the other presets, but not all, of with 11b. Some certainly needs balancing/refinements. As usual some presets are here for testing purposes, like the "Vocalist" one, in which I plugged a Digitech Vocalist, or the one just before, and presets 65-76

Test the looper preset at 127, this one got better again ;)

Biggest change here is that I replaced the Cornford lead (which has been in my main "warm lead" amp model since the Standard) with FAS 2 Lead / Thordendal Modern in preset 9.
Preset 14 is the sound I used on my recent 7 strings video, with some small tweaks. Bypass the pitch block for a nice metal rhythm sound ; I used it with a Eb/Dropped C# guitar and transpose it further one full step down to cover "Diary of Jane" by Breaking Benjamin.

Check my blog to download the IRs according to the screenshots below (I only share those who are free but give links and mix indications for the others) :

CABS1.jpg

CABS2.jpg

I won't have the time to update banks B & C anytime soon as I'm flying out of Mauritius in two days. If anyone here is around NY between 4th and 18th September : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/66039-fremen-comin-states.html I'll be in Bronxville

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom