Fremen presets - V 10.02

Alas, my CDs are with another friend in Norway... My friend in Minneapolis is not a Fractal user. But I can bring some CDs with me when I'll come to NY in September, I'll send them from here

No success opening your file in ax manage...dang.:(

I downloaded your file to my desktop and tried with manage from there...no joy.

I don't want to start a thread just for that, here's a short sample for a recording I made for another band using the Axe for all guitars and the bass. Right click, save as :

http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Mp3s/Fall.mp3

Besides the vocals being a little too loud, due to adding some low mids just before the mixdown to fatten them, any comment on the mix ? That's the first mix I did on my new Equator D5. Can't believe how different they are to the hifi speakers I used for 23 years !

Sounding pretty nice to me, Perhaps the hi-hats could come down juuuuust a smidge? That's more of a to taste thing though.

Thanks for the comments theo ! I'll check the hi hat level again.

Regarding the D5 : they're very good, but I need some time adapting to them. It's amazing how different they are to the hifi speakers I've been using for 25 years. For mixing I have no problem using them ; for programming my guitar presets, that's another story, I'll need time. But all my friends who listened to both my hifi speakers and the Equators preferred the D5 by a wide margin, including my Axe sound on it, so I'm optimistic that I'll adapt to them quickly enough

Back
Top Bottom