Fremen presets - V 10.02

Great presets!!! I have two questions. More presets use GH ThisOne IR. What the cab and mic used?
The second, write please which presets is use commerсial IR? Thanks

Great presets!!! I have two questions. More presets use GH ThisOne IR. What the cab and mic used?

His documentation clearly says what IR's were used and what user slots they were placed in. You simply have to pull up the cab block in whatever preset you are using and see which user slot was used.

"ThisOne" is a V30 Mesa cab recorded with a SM57.
For a list of presets using specific IRs, use Axe Manage, sort the presets by "Cab Used", done ! :)

Thanks for the info on the custom harmonies . So the custom scales won't work at all until you input some custom scales in the axefx2 global section. The chart you put up is that the only custom scale you use. How would you use the chart in the AxeFx2 manual?
A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D# <- custom scale? This is where you put your scale?, 3 Eb E, 4 Eb E,5 Eb E ,6 Eb E= and this is your key your tuned to?? And the numbers below are? Can we use the chart in the manual ? Sorry for all the Questions thanks gary

I found this it made a world of difference understanding Harmonies you play the top note AND the note directly under it is the HARMONY
3rds
CDEFGABC
EFGABCDE
5ths
CDEFGABC
GABCDEFG
7ths
CDEFGABC
BCDEFGAB
One last thing, if you forget these, this is all you do to work it out. Write down the notes
C D E F G A B C on a bit of paper and then if you want to harmonize in sevenths for example, you start on C and count seven along which would give you B and keep doing it, but when you come to the last C in the list you go back to the beginning, but miss out the first C and go onto D. Eg. E harmonized in 7th's would be D because you miss the first C the second time you count the notes well there you go, harmony explained, hope it helps, this is a really cool thing to use in a band if you have 2 guitarists.
Now I just need to know where I put the notes/scale I'm playing and where I put the harmony notes that will be generated? If we only have 4 notes in our Harmony is that all we need to use in our CUSTOM SCALE
I hope we can all do harmonies easy with this info and your help
Thanks Gary

Last edited:
showoff!!! ;)
images

This morning, at work, I thought that two chords were not enough...

I'll tweak that further to chose more interesting chords to improvise over, this was just a quick test :)

Maybe a stupid question but how are you changing the chords underneath your lead? Did you multitrack this or is this live?

He is using two synths per scene programmed for different chords. Per scene you can change the synth chords with an external pedal and then if you change the scene you get the availability of 2 more synth chords. Possibility of 16 different chord changes I beleive.

Excellent playing / work ....Five out of Five Stars! (I'd Hang on to that used Ibanez (or better yet let me have it when you're ready to let it go - especially based on how great you make it sound here in your recording)

I found this it made a world of difference understanding Harmonies you play the top note AND the note directly under it is the HARMONY
3rds
CDEFGABC
EFGABCDE
5ths
CDEFGABC
GABCDEFG
7ths
CDEFGABC
BCDEFGAB
One last thing, if you forget these, this is all you do to work it out. Write down the notes
C D E F G A B C on a bit of paper and then if you want to harmonize in sevenths for example, you start on C and count seven along which would give you B and keep doing it, but when you come to the last C in the list you go back to the beginning, but miss out the first C and go onto D. Eg. E harmonized in 7th's would be D because you miss the first C the second time you count the notes well there you go, harmony explained, hope it helps, this is a really cool thing to use in a band if you have 2 guitarists.
Now I just need to know where I put the notes/scale I'm playing and where I put the harmony notes that will be generated? If we only have 4 notes in our Harmony is that all we need to use in our CUSTOM SCALE
I hope we can all do harmonies easy with this info and your help
Thanks Gary

This is probably for another thread, but your 3rds and 7ths are incorrect because you didn't take into account there's only a half step between E-F and B-C or distinguish between major and minor keys. Because of that some of your thirds (D,E,A,B) are minor while the rest are major. C&F are major 7ths, while the rest are dominant/minor 7ths.

I got this off of UltimateGuitar.com most of them are right and it helped me a lot. So if you could help fix the few that are wrong or help explane in terms that us (I don't know theory) can understand thanks

D to f, E to G, A to C, B to D these are not 3rd's? And C to B, F to E don't work in 7th's

The way this is being described is confusing me, so hopefully this will help. Essentially you have two kinds of third intervals, minor and major. These are found by counting the semi-tones between the notes. For Example:
D -> D# -> E -> F would be a minor third because it contains 3 semi-tones.

On the other hand

C -> C# -> D -> D# -> E would be a major third because it contains 4 semi-tones

D to f, E to G, A to C, B to D these are not 3rd's? And C to B, F to E don't work in 7th's

Those are minor 3rds (a step and a half above the root) and major 7ths (1/2 step below the tonic or chord name). They sound much different than major thirds (two full steps above the root) and dominant/minor 7ths (full step below the tonic or chord name). In D major the third is F#, in A major it's C#, and in B major it's D#. In C major the dominant 7th is B flat, in F major it's E flat. A half-step is one fret on the guitar. The reason for these exceptions is that there is only a half step between E and F, and C and D. You can see this visually on a keyboard - there's a black key between every white key except E-F and B-C. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom