AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Here's the issue : usually when I send a pack to my webmaster, he takes one or two days to put it online. During that time, I do another check - I knew I had to check pedal assignments again, but also noise gate settings on the crunch scenes. Except that this time, he uploaded almost immediately :) So yes, I will fix that, but will also check the noise gate thing.

That's why I didn't post something like Big Announcement : it's available ! on this page, plus I wanted also to post videos, and I intend to work on them today.
One thing I can say though, I adopted a more "scientific" approach for this one. I made a project in my DAW with DI tracks from all my electrics (I currently have 16 of them) for heavy rhythm/clean/lead playing, so I could tweak without playing (it also was a necessity for me because at some point I simply couldn't play). All the initial versions of presets were made this way (I also used tons of reference recordings/videos/reamps/third party plugins etc., and bought many sound engineering online courses, including on metal tones, for fresh ideas). Then I started playing them because you don't tweak something the same way with a DI track and while you play. You'll notice that most presets have surgical parametric EQ after the cab, but often bypassed. These blocks mere made with the DI track and are available if you want a more "post-processed" sound.

Enough talk, enjoy the pack if you already got it. I don't remember who asked for a Satch tone but check the presets made with his signature amp models, I used two of his live DVDs for reference ;) Now I'll fix the pedal thing, and the updated zip file will be online later today

No, I will fix that. Thanks !
My last check through the rest of them I also found JS410 Lead Orange, 6160 Block 3, 6160+ Crunch Bright, Fryette Deliverance 1, Fryette Deliverance 2, Fryette Deliverance 3, Bad Cat 1, Bad Cat 2, Cameron CCV 2C, Soldano SLO '99 2, Soldano SLO 100 3 that have same issue. Really freaking awesome presets as usual!!! Thanks!

Thanks ! Yes I already fixed all those and uploaded the correct versions. Now I'm on the noise gate.
Awesome, Question about the PEQ after the cab (not in front of amp) , many of them are engaged. Are you saying if they are engaged that will be the DI- more "post processed" sound and disengaged the non DI sound? Sorry just trying to learn from a master of presets, lol.

Disengaged = more rawer sound, engaged = more refined. Often I prefer the rawer one, the refined one will probably works better in a recording.

Still fixing the noise gate settings, I also noticed a few scenes that I forgot to name.

One thing I wanted to add to those presets but didn't, because it would delay its release further, is modulation blocks. Like Phaser before the amp, Flanger after. I will probably add them afterwards, as a bonus. I have many blocks saved in my library for those

Disengaged = more rawer sound, engaged = more refined. Often I prefer the rawer one, the refined one will probably works better in a recording.

Still fixing the noise gate settings, I also noticed a few scenes that I forgot to name.

One thing I wanted to add to those presets but didn't, because it would delay its release further, is modulation blocks. Like Phaser before the amp, Flanger after. I will probably add them afterwards, as a bonus. I have many blocks saved in my library for those
That's awesome! I will redownload when ever you say they are ready but in the meantime, I'm enjoying them right now.

One thing you can do to improve your programming skills : take one of the those presets with the PEQ active. Loop a riff using some heavy palm muting but also chords with the higher strings. Now, check one of the three cuts I made in the PEQ. Instead of cutting, boost it by 10 dB. Then move the frequency and listen. Find where the sound is more offensive to your ear, then cut it (by 1, 2, 3 or 5 dB, it depends).

One thing you can do to improve your programming skills : take one of the those presets with the PEQ active. Loop a riff using some heavy palm muting but also chords with the higher strings. Now, check one of the three cuts I made in the PEQ. Instead of cutting, boost it by 10 dB. Then move the frequency and listen. Find where the sound is more offensive to your ear, then cut it (by 1, 2, 3 or 5 dB, it depends).
Thank you Thibault I will try this!

You're welcome ! Now you can download the updated zip file, I fixed everything that needed it. Next version of these presets will include modulations (or stereo delay widener for the Petrucci ones), but that won't be soon. Note : these presets should work for the FM9 and FM3, except the few that have two amps for the FM3.

Thanks ! Yes I already fixed all those and uploaded the correct versions. Now I'm on the noise gate.
Found Powerball 2 with no cab, refers to U1-212 which is not in cabs folder. Our we missing 212 or should it be another IR in folder? Thanks, Rich

For this video, I used a DAW project and DI tracks from Pro Mix Academy, "Mixing Extreme Metal by Chernobyl Studios" (*). Besides some low end cut on the rhythm tracks, there is absolutely no processing/EQ/whatever on the guitar tracks, and I didn't tweak the related presets either. Each guitar track has the name of the preset used.

I updated the packs with 6160 amp models to firmware 19.00 - "Metal & Rock vol. 2", and the "PVH 5150" Amp Pack

I also re-dialed some of the PRS Archon presets from "Metal & Rock vol. 2" for firmware 19.00

My other packs shouldn't need a 19.00 update ; I'll check the Mr. Z MZ-38 presets (Mr Z Amp Pack) but I doubt I'll need to update them

I updated the packs with 6160 amp models to firmware 19.00 - "Metal & Rock vol. 2", and the "PVH 5150" Amp Pack

I also re-dialed some of the PRS Archon presets from "Metal & Rock vol. 2" for firmware 19.00

My other packs shouldn't need a 19.00 update ; I'll check the Mr. Z MZ-38 presets (Mr Z Amp Pack) but I doubt I'll need to update them

"PVH 5150" Amp Pack Think you got a typo, should be "PVH 6160" Amp Pack??? Thanks for the updates!!!

The exact name of the pack is "PVH" ; I wrote 5150 instead of 6160 because that's their real life name, like I wrote Archon instead of Archean ;)

Back
Top Bottom