AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Hello ! I'm travelling now so a little busy to type a long answer. But :
Pink Floyd presets : optimized for Strats/HSS Superstrats (there are different versions of the presets in the pack)

Other packs : optimized for Superstrat guitars (HSH or HSS, or HH with 5 positions pickup selectors à la Ibanez), but works with other guitars too. The British Pack works great with Les Paul type guitars too, the BoutiqueBlues with Les Paul, ES-335, Strat and Tele. The Amp Packs are optimized for Superstrats, and includes a tweaking guide.

Hi guys ! Some important information

Firmware 18.02 updates

So, a new firmware is out. As usual, I will update the presets that needs it. Here's my packs list :

Amp Packs : 495 presets (all with the same compressor settings)
Pink Floyd : 21+ 4 presets (will need updates)
Fremen's Picks : 98 presets (some will need updating)
Synthpads & drones : 41 presets (no update needed, no compressor used)
Cleans, ambient & SFX : 61 presets (this is THE pack that will need updates the most, as I use compressor on clean tones 99.9% of the time, so I'll start with it)
Rock & Metal vol. 1 : 73 presets (only a few presets needs checking)
Richard Hallebeek Jazz-Rock Pack : 26 presets (only a few needs checking)
The Brit Pack : 50 presets (maybe a few needs checking, probably none)
Acoustic simulation : 112 presets (all with the same compressor settings)
Boutique + blues : 54 presets (all with the same compressor settings, must check if update needed)

(Damn, I didn't realize I released over 1 000 presets (even if 600+ of those have the same grid & effects settings, with variations in the Amp/IR blocks only)...)

Now, some more things to consider :
  • most of the time, I use the Studio Compressor, which didn't changed. But there are some presets where I used the Pedal models, so those will need updating.
  • A 18.02 compatible Axe-Edit III has not been released yet and I never tweak using the front panel.
  • most of my compressor blocks have 4 channels with different models/settings, and at least 1 of the channels uses the Studio model, so, a quick fix for everyone would be to select this channel (for all scenes)
  • I WILL update all presets that needs it, but don't expect it immediately. Besides Axe-Edit III, my issue is my health. I'm sick since a 11 hours flight from France to Mauritius on the 19/20th November (rhinopharingite and constant coughing). I only played 2 hours of guitar since then, mostly to test new toys (amp & pedals), as I'm saving my energy (I'm very weak). These last 17 days or so have been hard, and very frustrating guitar wise, specially as I wanted to finish my Rock & Metal Vol. 2 pack to release it in the beginning of December (so, no ETA for now). However, besides the quick fix that all uses can uses (checking other channels in the compressor block), I will asap post block files with the new settings, valid for all presets that uses the affected models. Updates of the packs will follow when possible (not later than in January in all cases, and I hope before Christmas for the priority ones).

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this - your health is more important take your time and get well - not been great here also so I know how you feel :(

Hi guys ! Some important information

Firmware 18.02 updates

So, a new firmware is out. As usual, I will update the presets that needs it. Here's my packs list :

Amp Packs : 495 presets (all with the same compressor settings)
Pink Floyd : 21+ 4 presets (will need updates)
Fremen's Picks : 98 presets (some will need updating)
Synthpads & drones : 41 presets (no update needed, no compressor used)
Cleans, ambient & SFX : 61 presets (this is THE pack that will need updates the most, as I use compressor on clean tones 99.9% of the time, so I'll start with it)
Rock & Metal vol. 1 : 73 presets (only a few presets needs checking)
Richard Hallebeek Jazz-Rock Pack : 26 presets (only a few needs checking)
The Brit Pack : 50 presets (maybe a few needs checking, probably none)
Acoustic simulation : 112 presets (all with the same compressor settings)
Boutique + blues : 54 presets (all with the same compressor settings, must check if update needed)

(Damn, I didn't realize I released over 1 000 presets (even if 600+ of those have the same grid & effects settings, with variations in the Amp/IR blocks only)...)

Now, some more things to consider :
  • most of the time, I use the Studio Compressor, which didn't changed. But there are some presets where I used the Pedal models, so those will need updating.
  • A 18.02 compatible Axe-Edit III has not been released yet and I never tweak using the front panel.
  • most of my compressor blocks have 4 channels with different models/settings, and at least 1 of the channels uses the Studio model, so, a quick fix for everyone would be to select this channel (for all scenes)
  • I WILL update all presets that needs it, but don't expect it immediately. Besides Axe-Edit III, my issue is my health. I'm sick since a 11 hours flight from France to Mauritius on the 19/20th November (rhinopharingite and constant coughing). I only played 2 hours of guitar since then, mostly to test new toys (amp & pedals), as I'm saving my energy (I'm very weak). These last 17 days or so have been hard, and very frustrating guitar wise, specially as I wanted to finish my Rock & Metal Vol. 2 pack to release it in the beginning of December (so, no ETA for now). However, besides the quick fix that all uses can uses (checking other channels in the compressor block), I will asap post block files with the new settings, valid for all presets that uses the affected models. Updates of the packs will follow when possible (not later than in January in all cases, and I hope before Christmas for the priority ones).
get healthy, man.

Thanks guys ! Fortunately the last nights have been better, with little coughing. I spent the week-end at the seaside and it did help.

Like the others have said, just get well. Nothing else is as important. That picture is certainly a great way to recover. There’s something about the ocean that just helps relieve the stress.

thank you ! I did play a little guitar today, as I just received a Cort electro-acoustic, and a L.R. Baggs soundhole pickup for my old Yamaha FG336SB, which I got in a 1982. I made a quick video, using my Axe-Fx III "piezo guitar" preset :

thank you ! I did play a little guitar today, as I just received a Cort electro-acoustic, and a L.R. Baggs soundhole pickup for my old Yamaha FG336SB, which I got in a 1982. I made a quick video, using my Axe-Fx III "piezo guitar" preset :

Great sound. Love the tune too. Can I ask what it is?

Quick update : I'm starting to feel better ! I'm still coughing a lot but not feeling weak as I used to, although I get tired quite quickly. So, I started working two days ago, on things related to the Rock & Metal Pack vol 2. And this morning I just noticed that a firmware 18 compatible Axe-Edit have been released since Monday, how could I miss that :) So, I'm gonna work on those compressor issues, find which presets uses the revamped compressor models and fix them. The good news is that all my Amp Packs uses the Studio Compressor, so I'll only need to update the Engl Savage presets (15 instead of 495, yay !), as the models were updated.

Yesterday was the first day since the end of October that I played a significant amount of guitar, as I wanted to record a demo for the Ibanez RG6PCM LTD I just borrowed from a friend. I sold that guitar to him two years ago. My fingers are a little stiff but anyway here's the video :

Quick update : I'm starting to feel better ! I'm still coughing a lot but not feeling weak as I used to, although I get tired quite quickly. So, I started working two days ago, on things related to the Rock & Metal Pack vol 2. And this morning I just noticed that a firmware 18 compatible Axe-Edit have been released since Monday, how could I miss that :) So, I'm gonna work on those compressor issues, find which presets uses the revamped compressor models and fix them. The good news is that all my Amp Packs uses the Studio Compressor, so I'll only need to update the Engl Savage presets (15 instead of 495, yay !), as the models were updated.

Yesterday was the first day since the end of October that I played a significant amount of guitar, as I wanted to record a demo for the Ibanez RG6PCM LTD I just borrowed from a friend. I sold that guitar to him two years ago. My fingers are a little stiff but anyway here's the video :

There have been several releases after the 180.0 public release, bugfixes mostly, so make sure you've got the latest to save yourself some grief.

Thanks to a presets tweaking template in my DAW, I was able to update a full pack to firmware 18.03 today, the Cleans, Ambient and SFX pack. First I made presets for each compressor model I used, then I went through all the presets and selected the new comp settings for each. I also re-leveled the presets a little. So, it's going much quicker than anticipated ! I already identified which presets in all of my packs that will need updating. There are many but it shouldn't take that long. What will take me more time will be to make new zip files for each Amp Pack and upload them one by one in the relevant pages on my website ; this always takes me a few hours.
For those who can't wait, here's a few compressor blocks settings

Attachments

• 18.03 Studio FB Comp 1 A_20211210_172632.blk
    513 bytes · Views: 11
  • 18.03 Pedal Comp 2 A_20211210_165953.blk
    509 bytes · Views: 10
  • 18.03 Pedal Comp 1 A_20211210_171316.blk
  • 18.03 Optical Comp A_20211210_170618.blk
  • 18.03 JFET Comp A_20211210_171556.blk
    506 bytes · Views: 10