AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Took a break from updating presets today - I had to, else I'll go crazy !

Some sounds from my new Epiphone Les Paul Modern guitar, which I received recently. Here it has the original Probucker pickups, but I planned on upgrading it with a set of Seymour Duncan JB/59, which you can see on the couch behind me. Or, maybe I shouldn't ? These stock pickups sounds great, but I also want the classic JB/59 pair on one of my guitars... What do you think, friends ?

Recorded with an Axe-Fx III with Cygnus firmware, using one "do it all" preset from my "Rock & Metal" pack, and another (the fat Dumble'ish one) from "Fremen's Picks"

I had the same guitar (recently sold) and i thought the probuckers are actually great. I ended up doing the JB/jazz neck which I didnt' like much in the guitar so then put Dimarzio Transitions and finally a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb in bridge and kept the jazz in neck at the time of selling. Of all my combinations i wish i'd kept with the original probuckers or the Transitions for the tone of the guitar.

I'm lusting over that Anderson guitar of yours though

Thanks, I like the clean tones of the Probuckers in middle position, it's the one I fear I'll lose with the SD... I'll probably change my mind and keep the stock pickups

Dude, my birthday is coming up in a week. Family is asking me what Id like to get. Any chance you have the blues pack up by the 22 second of may?

Absolutely none, sorry... I don't want to rush it ! But I'll have the Amp Packs done by then
Well, too bad but understandable. So, if the 22nd isn’t doable it will be like the 23rd? Lol. Like we say at work: Amazing, snice I stopped sleeping I can get all the work done”.
well, I’ve got my hands full with your updated cygnus packs for now anyway.

kind regards, Harm

Firmware update for amp packs
All my Amp Packs are now updated to firmware 16.01 ! Just re-download the files in "Purchase History".

What's new :
  • I now use the IR PLAYER block instead of the Tonematch block for the acoustic simulation scene (scene 8). 10 brand new acoustic simulation IRs have been added, taylored for different guitars/pickups (Les Paul, Stratocaster, Telecaster, modern Superstrats, EMG, P90...)
  • Each pack has a new bonus preset, using stock cabs for scenes 1-4. The "Amp Packs Sampler" pack gets all the new bonus presets, so it now has 66 presets instead of 33.
  • I added a new tweaking guide, which completes the previous one.

I'm sharing 4 of these new bonus presets here. Read the included documentation for user IRs and tweaking tips.

Attachments

• Free 'Amp Packs' presets.zip
    172.2 KB · Views: 190
By the way, now that I finished updating all my packs to firmware 16.01, I will do the same for the FM3. This should take way much less time, as I saved the Amp Block settings in the library for all my presets (around 800 I think ?), and they are compatible with the FM3 version, plus they sound the same - yes, I checked, as I'm a beta tester, I already have the Cygnus beta firmware for FM3 ;)

The website is still showing earlier versions of the Amp Packs as well as the Clean and Ambient pack. Is this simply an oversight in the notes not being up to date?

I edited the notes on the product pages of all updated packs. Can you give me a link to a specific page where it's not up to date ? There are multiple layers on my website, it's not something I have control on, as it's made by a friend for free. It could be better for sure, I wish I had the skills needed to do all myself but I don't... I only know how to update a file and the text on existing products pages...

I edited the notes on the product pages of all updated packs. Can you give me a link to a specific page where it's not up to date ? There are multiple layers on my website, it's not something I have control on, as it's made by a friend for free. It could be better for sure, I wish I had the skills needed to do all myself but I don't... I only know how to update a file and the text on existing products pages...

When I am looking at the links below the cleans - ambiant is showing 14.01 and the amp packs are showing up to 12.03.

fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-iii-cleans-ambiant-sfx/

fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii-amp-packs/

If you say that they are all updated, I believe you though.

When I am looking at the links below the cleans - ambiant is showing 14.01 and the amp packs are showing up to 12.03.

fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-iii-cleans-ambiant-sfx/

fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii-amp-packs/

If you say that they are all updated, I believe you though.
You are right, I forgot to update the text for the "Cleans" pack product page - thought I did ! For the Amp packs, I have access to a page for each of them and edited those yesterday, not to the "global" page. That's what I meant when I said there are different "layers" in my website. I sent a mail to my webmaster regarding that. Could take long before he answered me because he just left the country with his family to resettle in France. Anyway, yes, the Amp packs are in 16.01 now.

You are right, I forgot to update the text for the "Cleans" pack product page - thought I did ! For the Amp packs, I have access to a page for each of them and edited those yesterday, not to the "global" page. That's what I meant when I said there are different "layers" in my website. I sent a mail to my webmaster regarding that. Could take long before he answered me because he just left the country with his family to resettle in France. Anyway, yes, the Amp packs are in 16.01 now.
Rob,
I downloaded everyone of your bundles as I have them all and everything looks fine as having the Cygnus16.x updates. Just the Acoustic simulation pack-2 which I believe wouldn't need any update if I'm not mistaken.
Thank you so much for all the updates.

You're welcome ! Yes, the acoustic pack doesn't use any amp block so no update needed. Although, I could update it to add acoustic simulation IRs for more guitars/pickups, as I bought or borrowed quite a few since releasing the pack (EMG, P90, different PRS/Tom Anderson/Di Marzio pickups etc). But I already made so many presets that I'll go crazy if I add more ;)

You're welcome ! Yes, the acoustic pack doesn't use any amp block so no update needed. Although, I could update it to add acoustic simulation IRs for more guitars/pickups, as I bought or borrowed quite a few since releasing the pack (EMG, P90, different PRS/Tom Anderson/Di Marzio pickups etc). But I already made so many presets that I'll go crazy if I add more ;)
Rob, I could be wrong but I think the first 3 IR's for the Wrecker are showing; U1-0205_TDR Fusion 01/U1-0206_TDR Fusion 02/U1-0206_TDR Fusion 03 vice U1-305/U1-306/U1-307.

You are right, don't know how this could happen, it's correct in the other "boutique" Amp packs, they should be 305/306/307 etc. I'm going to fix this immediately. Thanks !
Wondering how could this happen ? Looking at the files, they were all imported at the same time from Axe-Edit

Back
Top Bottom