AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Hi guys ! Just a quick message : I will update all my Axe-Fx III packs to Cygnus when the firmware is officially released (not beta).

I recorded this with firmware 16 beta :

And also used it in my band's latest rehearsal. The bass and rhythm guitar players weren't there so I overdubbed their parts on the following day, and it was the first rehearsal for the keyboard player (it's only our third rehearsal for this project), which explain some clams

So, I got a few requests for this preset :

I just added it to my pack "Fremen's picks", but I'm also including it here - but without my user cabs. Here's a screenshot :

Start of something preset.jpg

The stock York Audio or Ownhammer Recto cabs should work for channel A of the cab block. It won't sound the same than with my own IRs, but should be OK. For the main clean tone (channel B of the cab block, used in scenes 1-6-8), you'll need a fat and clean sounding IR. I'm not sure which stock cabs will get you there honestly, my own cabs for clean tones are very specific. The "glassy clean" scene doesn't use any cab, but a specific setting in the Parametric EQ 1 block.

I re-tweaked the preset slightly after making the video - the first scene is more wet etc. If you have questions on the routing/settings, shoot !

Attachments

• Start of something beautiful.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 109
For those who downloaded the preset : it's tweaked for a Tom Anderson Angel, with H1+ SC1 H3+ pickups. This guitar is quite dark so I compensated in the amp settings of Amp 2 (used for clean tones), it you use a brighter guitar you will probably want to tame the highs in the Amp 2 tonestack.

Hi Fremen, I own a lot of your packs and have a request: sometimes you post a preset for free in this forum. I try to stay on the lookout and grab them. Would you consider adding those to a pack like the Fremen’s picks? That way I don’t miss any and it also makes managing my presets simpler. If you bring out an update then I can just erase all the older versions without accidentaly erasing a great freebie. The archon for example from a while ago was awesome.

Thanks, Harm

Hello, in fact I usually add all freebies to my packs ! For the Cygnus one, I want to wait for the final release though. And there will be much more bonus presets in my packs than those I share here :)

Good to know, thank you. I haven’t tried Cygnus yet because I play your Steve Vai preset 80% of my time which is made with a Carvin amp. Those haven’t been done yet. Fingers crossed haha

I'm not easy to please, I tend to be very picky, in particular when it comes to IRs, so normally I don't buy presets. When I do, it's to get ideas for techniques or preset architecture rather than expecting to use them un-altered.

So why did I buy the Rock and Metal Pack from Thibault? I was tweaking some of my presets and wanted to get some fresh ideas, new input and another "reality check", an acoustic baseline of where I sit with mine.

But damn, these are nice! I am very impressed with the Andy Timmons and Vai presets, love the JP2c patch and the chord pad blew my mind; never would I have been able to come up with that! This really made me curious and I'm sure I will be back for more!

Great presets, awesome sounds, new ideas for effects and all for FW 12.xx

Fantastic!
I totally agree with you @phil92 and use the Rock & Metal Pack presets most the time. IMHO those are the best, you can buy (and I checked out a lot). They are prefectly balanced and sound awesome at any volume (studio / live or rehearsal). I miss some amp models like the SLO 100, Atomica or the Euro Blue and Red models, but who knows what a Rock & Metal Pack Vol. 2 might bring some time.

I recommend to check out those packs. Great value for money

I'm really looking forward to the Cygnus update of those presets.

Thanks guys ! And yes Andy, a Metal vol 2 pack is scheduled with these amps and all other high gain monsters that were not in the first pack :) first I will update all existing packs to Cygnus, then I will finish my Boutique pack (Dumbles & co for blues rock fusion), then it will be the Rock & Metal II pack

Noted ! It's outside of my comfort zone for blues, but I already scheduled to have the fender amps in slight overdrive mode in this pack which will be new for me.
Usually, I'm into the Robben Ford/Larry Carlton type overdrive ; the tone Larry have on Last Nite is the one I'm after when I tweak the Dumble models, although I tend to make it fatter/warmer

Happy birthday brother, hope all your health issues are headed in the right direction. I'd buy more but I own'm all😁$$$.
Can't wait till you update to 16.

With respect from NH-USA

Great deal - just picked up the amp packs full bundle.

Any chance that these is a secret download link to all the packs in one? My lazy a$$ doesn't want to have to click on all the links separately!

Back
Top Bottom