AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Pack updated with the bonus IRs in the main IRs folder.
Now on the Amp Packs. There are 544 of those but it shouldn't take long, it's mostly an Amp Block level update, and as I use DI tracks + most amps level didn't change, I can complete it in 2-3 days

Thibault, your fw21p00 presets sound freaking awesome as usual! Thank you for all your tedious work on them.
Quick question, curious what's the purpose for adding a second volume pan (2) before the Amp and placed it in ODS -100 Lead 1 and Lead 2 presets and not the other ODS-100 presets? It is assigned to EXT1 and I just assigned it to FC 1 pedal 1 for me.
Thanks Brother, Hope all is well with you and your health.
Rich

Now on the Amp Packs. There are 544 of those but it shouldn't take long, it's mostly an Amp Block level update, and as I use DI tracks + most amps level didn't change, I can complete it in 2-3 days
Took me more time than expected because, you bet, I'm sick again (nasty flu, worse than the current variant of covid). But it's done, the updated files for all AMP PACKS are in the downloads section of my website.
Now I need to update the FM3/FM9 packs, which shouldn't take that long because I saved the Amp blocks settings of all my presets in Axe-Edit's library - except that first, I need to rest and heal

So, I did a thing I never did before ....

It's a comparison of few commercial presets (by Moke, Francesco Carpentieri, Roby Rocks, Sauro On Guitar and me) for Pink Floyd songs. It's a quick video, not a "scientific" one, as I just wanted to illustrate a few points - the volume levels from preset to preset are not the same, my "Comfortably numb" solo is too loud compared to others etc. etc., but I didn't want to spend too much time on this. I'm also aware that none of the presets (not even mine) were updated to the firmware used, 21.02, which I just installed, but honestly, that shouldn't matter here.

You'll notice that I didn't use the Hiwatt amp model, specially for the lead tones (I have used it on some clean presets, not displayed here). Why is that ? Well, let's say that there are two schools of thought. In the first one, you need to use the same models than Gilmour - the correct fuzz with the right germanium diodes, the Hiwatt amp, Fane speakers etc. And the second one, use what you're comfortable with, get as close as you can, "in the ballpark" as they say - Bobby Harrison did that with Brit Floyd (he uses Friedman amp models for leads), Dave Killminster with Roger Waters (he uses a Brunetti amp), and I do the same.

Because, let's face it, even with the "correct" tools, NO ONE will ever sound the same as Gilmour. There's the player, of course, it's the most important element, by far. Then, the guitar and pickups. But, even with those, and the "correct" drive and amp models, you are missing the microphones used in front of the speakers, their placement, the recording console, the post-processing, the mastering... Just listen you David Gilmour's sound in different recording, you'll recognize his sound of course, but that sound is different from live to live, and different from the studio versions.

That's why I don't pretend to offer authentic presets for Pink Floyd songs. They're MY TAKE on these songs, presets I'm comfortable with, and that feels right for me (I know I use more gain than David etc.,). You can hear how they sound with my live band, the Mauritian Tribute to Pink Floyd, in all the videos I posted. And, in this video, you can compare presets made by others, which I respect a lot (hi Moke !) ; they all use the "correct" tools, and nonetheless, they sound very different from each other... I'm not saying that my way of doing it is the right way, it's just the one that works for me. My Pink Floyd tribute band have met incredible success here in Mauritius but also on youtube, so maybe I did something right... even if I chose to think out of the box !

PS the playing is terrible, with my usual health issues, I didn't play for quite some time before today.

Salut Thibault,

Do you think your current preset versions are affected significantly with FW21.04? I must admit I’ve been hesitant to move beyond 21.01, with some changes that seem to be ‘hit & miss’ amongst the users..

Merci!
Joce

(from Canada still in frozen wonderland…)

Hi Joce ! No, they are not. I was afraid that I would not to adjust the compressors again, but on all presets I checked, it wasn't necessary. I didn't checked all my presets, but the settings should be consistent

Nice looking website you have! Quick question: any news about fm9 presets updated to a latest firmware?
well, you discovered it before ! I just wake up and had a first look at the site, and sent a few remarks to my webmaster (there are small mistakes here and there)...
All FM9 had been updated to 4.00 two months ago. There's currently a mistake in the product pages, apparently my webmaster didn't use the edits I bought to the firmware versions.

well, you discovered it before ! I just wake up and had a first look at the site, and sent a few remarks to my webmaster (there are small mistakes here and there)...
All FM9 had been updated to 4.00 two months ago. There's currently a mistake in the product pages, apparently my webmaster didn't use the edits I bought to the firmware versions.
Ok, confusing because some downloads still state Firmware 2.02 and no newer versions. example: the essentials and the amp packs.

Yes I noticed this morning that all my edits to the pages are gone and immediately told that to my webmaster. The safest bet would be to wait a day or two while he fix s everything

Back
Top Bottom