AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
So, today I worked on the Synth & Drones pack (that one is easy as it uses only one channel in the amp block, and there's like 10 different amp settings in the 41 presets). The 20.04 update for it is already on my website. But, to be honest... that wasn't necessary. For each preset, I copied the pre-20.04 version of the amp block to channel B, reset the channel A and updated it, and after that compared A & B, and they sounded almost the same ! I did it anyway, and one thing I fixed is the key of the "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" preset. As my band played it in A I forgot that the song was in fact in C.

I also started working on the Cleans, Ambient & SFX pack before realizing, after 5 or 6 presets, that it wasn't necessary either. Updated amps sounds more or less the same than the previous version. I'll check other packs tomorrow, but I suspect that the presets needing an update will be minimal in them too. It's really the amp packs that needed revision !

Like we say in French, "seul les imbéciles ne changent jamais d'avis" :p

Well, I finally updated the Cleans, Ambient and SFX pack to firmware 20.04 : the drive blocks (only used in some scenes) needed it.

I also updated three more packs, again, mostly for the drive blocks : Fremen's Picks, Pink Floyd, and Boutique+Blues. This last one already had a 20.04 version but I added the Klon in more presets, and a second scenes in some presets that had only one. Note that I did the FM9 updates simultaneously :)

Next on the list : Rock & Metal vol 1 & 2, The Brit pack and Richard Hallebeek jazz-rock pack. As it's mostly a drive block update, I should finish everything before the week-end. That is, unless I receive a new guitar tomorrow (Yamaha Revstar) ;)

Are now fully updated to firmware 20.04 : Rock & Metal vol 1 & vol 2, and the Brit pack. For the first two, beside the drives, I redialed many amp blocks, some are sounding really spectacular ! As I like to say, tweaking an amp (analog or digital) is not a perfect science but an art, and I think that I improved presets that were already great (as per the feedback I get from the users ; these are very popular packs). Try the dual amp Recto presets and let me know what you think :)

Are now fully updated to firmware 20.04 : Rock & Metal vol 1 & vol 2, and the Brit pack. For the first two, beside the drives, I redialed many amp blocks, some are sounding really spectacular ! As I like to say, tweaking an amp (analog or digital) is not a perfect science but an art, and I think that I improved presets that were already great (as per the feedback I get from the users ; these are very popular packs). Try the dual amp Recto presets and let me know what you think :)
Yay! Thank you! Exactly what I was waiting for :)

Forgot I picked these up in 2019. Just downloaded the updated versions and looking forward to giving them a spin. Thanks!

Hey there @fremen

I just updated the BoutiqueBlues pack to V20.04
WOW!! amazing. it sounds so good. The 6 BONUS presets and CABS are totally awesome!
Had to re-order the cabs, but that's no problem at all! My weekend is settled ;)

Thank you

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks dude :) Now, if you don't have it, do yourself a favor, get the Brit Pack, this one has just received many refinements - I literally finished the new version for 20.04 20 minutes ago - and it's better than ever !

Wow! No apologies PLEASE!! I don't know what magic dust you sprinkled on those my friend but you've outdone yourself once more with this last version!! Sounds amazing!! Super 'spongy-licious'!! Grand MERCI!!

Last 20.04 update : the Richard Hallebeek Jazz-Rock pack. It's also available for the FM9 now.

I just released a video for the FM9 version of the "Cleans, Ambient & SFX" pack, with the latest firmware (3.00), but as the sounds of the Axe-Fx III version (fw 20.04, just updated) are the same, I may also post the video here :

If I may:
The J.MayerIII is a stellar preset that has me going now for 2 days.
This one sir....IMHO needs the FractalPresetOfTheMonth (FPoTM) award. If this one makes it to the Factory presets, I beleive many would agree. Its fantastic on every scene and the Klon is included and also the looper, makes it super fun to play with.

Awesome

Cheers 🍻

If I may not: carry on.......

If I may:
The J.MayerIII is a stellar preset that has me going now for 2 days.
This one sir....IMHO needs the FractalPresetOfTheMonth (FPoTM) award. If this one makes it to the Factory presets, I beleive many would agree. Its fantastic on every scene and the Klon is included and also the looper, makes it super fun to play with.

Awesome

Cheers 🍻

If I may not: carry on.......
Thank you, glad you like it :cool:

Playing over some AC/DC songs, in which I removed the original guitar tracks. I decided to revisit my two AC/DC presets from The Brit Pack, this is a work in progress and I'll probably add a little brightness, but that's all ! Recorded with the FM9 but the tweaks are made in the Axe-Fx III version of the presets, I made a few new tonematch IRs for that. Stay tuned for the final version :)
(video is unlisted, as this is mostly a test)
EDIT : Crap, Youtube blocked my video, I'll put it on Dropbox. Here's a short clip :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfefqj096h2tasc/AC DC medley clip.mp4?dl=0

Last edited:
Hey there,

Did you notice that your number 1 fan just did a stagedive LOL. How do they allways know when its the best time to get some attention? Cats are awesome. When i'm out of juice or in a rut, watching some catmovies on YT allways gets me going again.

Sounds great. cool playing too. That will be different with my playing, but I got the pack yesterday so I will hold on the download and wait patiently. Get me some practice time in the meanwhile ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom