FM3 Presets Fremen FM3 packs

Third-party preset or preset pack for the FM3
Ok, so it will be the same file format like the last time I purchased showing the date I bought, but Same title, just that it’s updated? Wasn’t sure if it would be renamed differently or not.

Sorry to bug you and thanks for doing all
you do

It will still be a single .zip file, but inside, there will be a new folder with the 4.00 version of the presets. The older filmware versions are still here, in other folders. In the Amp Packs bundle, there's also an updated tweaking guide, and 10 more IRs for acoustic simulation - just chose the one that better fits your guitar.

How does the output 1 leveling should look like in the preset packs, since I have found it being quite high throughout the preset, e.g. picture below just taken from 4.00 version marooned scene 1 with moderate open G chord left to ring, just happened to snap just when "all time high" but the values move from 4 to 8 most of the time. I think these are levelled with a bit different logic than factory presets of Austin Buddy's?Näyttökuva 2021-5-30 kello 18.33.59.png

How does the output 1 leveling should look like in the preset packs, since I have found it being quite high throughout the preset, e.g. picture below just taken from 4.00 version marooned scene 1 with moderate open G chord left to ring, just happened to snap just when "all time high" but the values move from 4 to 8 most of the time. I think these are levelled with a bit different logic than factory presets of Austin Buddy's?View attachment 84044

Lead presets are louder by 3-4 db than rhythm presets. That being said, you shouldn't play chords with "Marooned", this one is leveled for single notes playing, high up the neck - like the original song

yes I noticed the lead being 3-4db louder as expected, the marooned with chords was a bad example - since you are 100% correct that the leveling is done according to the things you would play with that preset. Maybe I just have an overall feeling that most the of the presets have higher levels as a whole compared to the e.g. factory ones. Another example final cut solo scene while playing the solo is roughly in the range of 1-7db and mostly 4.5-5db - giving around 5db more than acoustic. I am sure that they are perfectly leveled for live use (not trying to comment on that at all!), just have a feeling that when presets level consistently bounce in the red zone I feel like I should just lower them overall so that they would stay approximately in the 0db line (or if solo then few above).

But no need to dive in deeper to this, since I am sure you know better :)

I didn't officially launched it yet, as I want to record a proper demo first, but my "Boutique+Blues" pack is now available, both for FM3 and Axe-Fx III :

I used a short DI track recorded by a friend, just to give an overview of the different tones available. He used a Strat, but these presets are also made for a bridge humbucker. I made them with my Tom Anderson HSS Strat guitar, using various pickup positions. These are the tones I use to play Stevie Ray Vaughan/Larry Carlton/Robben Ford/Eric Clapton/Joe Bonamassa/John Mayer/Derek Trucks fan/Scott Henderson/Frank Gambale stuff.

Anyone have any demos of the rock man x100 preset? Fremens video is great but would like to hear some others if possible!!

Hi guys ! I now have two FM9 packs available : Pink Floyd and Amp Packs. I will start a specific FM9 thread when my demo videos are ready, but for now you can already get them here : https://fremenpresets.com/fm9/

note : these two packs are compatible with the Axe-Fx III, but not with the FM3, as I added more stuff that the FM3's CPU couldn't handle. Compared to the Axe-Fx III versions, I also tweaked many things, like the acoustic simulation tones etc.

Hi guys ! I now have two FM9 packs available : Pink Floyd and Amp Packs. I will start a specific FM9 thread when my demo videos are ready, but for now you can already get them here : https://fremenpresets.com/fm9/

note : these two packs are compatible with the Axe-Fx III, but not with the FM3, as I added more stuff that the FM3's CPU couldn't handle. Compared to the Axe-Fx III versions, I also tweaked many things, like the acoustic simulation tones etc.
I cannot tell how good of timing this is for me! Thank you so much, Fremen. Ordering now - I am a HUGE fan of your amp packs. Big time. I'd say now 80% of my live tones are these amp packs (modded for my needs). Well done, I appreciate you.

You're welcome ! Please, re-download the .zip file, I fixed a few things that went pass my attention ;)

Two important news :
1) There are sales in my website with two discount codes :
"Fremen30" gives you -30% (for a minimum purchase of $30)
"Fremen40" gives you -40% (for a minimum purchase of $60)
Each of these codes can be used 10 times only, so first come, first served !

2) I've finished updating all my FM3 packs to firmware 5.02 - I'm a beta tester so I used the latest firmware I have access to. However, I'll wait for firmware 5.02 to go public before publishing the updates on my website. Unless some of you can't wait ? These updates are also compatible with 5.01. For the Pink Floyd pack, they include two new songs, "Coming back to life" and "Dogs", and all the recent tweaks/new IRs of the Axe-Fx III version.

Two important news :
1) There are sales in my website with two discount codes :
"Fremen30" gives you -30% (for a minimum purchase of $30)
"Fremen40" gives you -40% (for a minimum purchase of $60)
Each of these codes can be used 10 times only, so first come, first served !
AMAZING! I just spent the past couple of hours trying to figure out which presets to buy as a new FM3 owner. I had decided on Fremen and started digging into this thread when I saw the 40% off post the he posted on Saturday. I just clicked over to his site and picked up 5 packs at a very gracious discount!!

Thanks, Fremen -- awesome timing!

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom