AFIII Presets Fremen Axe-Fx III "amp packs"

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Using my go-to Amp Pack preset at a soundcheck on Saturday, with a remote wha, thanks to the new 14.01 dual modifiers feature

The gig is scheduled for this Monday, I'll record it on multitrack so the videos will have a good sound, not a camcorder camera sound like above. No Covid-19 in Mauritius, we're very lucky to still have gigs !

Here's a video from the gig, with most of my solos :

The very last one is the one from above (Requiem pour un fou), which is my favorite, with the first one

Hi, I think you and Austinbuddy are the ones selling the biggest volumes and also the biggest packs with added IRs. Any chance you and him communicated about which slots to use for the IRs? Or will there be overlap between the two of you? I ask this because I recently spent too much time moving and searching which presets are connected to which ir when I was installing an other pack which wasn’t even big yet.

Hello, in fact, Moke suggested a coordination between all commercial presets sellers so there won't be IR slots conflicts. But my problem is that I use the same IRs in the same slots since the Axe-Fx II/AX8 days. They're the same in the Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx III, AX8 and FM3 (except the acoustic simulation IRs in the FM3 ; in the Axe-Fx III they're in bank 2 but the FM3 has only one user bank). Changing that will make things extremely complicated for me, and specially when I need to update.
Plus, I think that Buddy doesn't use a lot of custom IRs anyway...

Last edited:
In fact I also posted about this on another thread with @austinbuddy as his most recent Bass Pack actually comes with a handful of IRs and the slot #s he used do overlap with the ones you use Thibault.

I unfortunately did not get any response from him at this point.

I guess the ultimate solution would be for Fractal to implement the 'Dynamic IR Addressing' approach that Line 6 has recently started using for the Helix products. I think there was a previous thread on this here as well a few months back, but not sure whether it is in the plans or not... hopefully YES! ;-)

A+ et merci,
Joce

I really really try not to use custom IRs for Axe-Fx III and FM3 work for my own presets. However, the Bass Tonepack was originally designed on an AX8, and needed custom IRs to work. I'll post here soon the complete AustinBuddy IR layouts that start at preset 20 and go to preset 66 that cover ALL the custom IRs used in my TonePacks from Dreams Rigs to 200+ Bass to Brit Rock Royalty #1. I was not aware of Fremen's conflicting - he is a great friend and I have immense respect for his work. I don't recall ever being contacted directly and asked to coordinate with all the other preset makers on this custom IR situation, but the products were made so long ago there is slim chance I'd spend the time to go back and re-do everything just to accommodate this. Moving forward though, I'd be happy to put any future custom IRs (if needed) for FM3 or Axe-Fx III into User 1 up high like slots 900+. (@fremen I guess we need to sort this out with Moke and any others?)

Last edited:
One easy workaround for the Axe 3 is to put the IRs in user bank 2 instead of 1. This won't work for the FM3 unfortunately

One easy workaround for the Axe 3 is to put the IRs in user bank 2 instead of 1. This won't work for the FM3 unfortunately
Right. That’s why it needs to be User 1 so we can make presets that work on both units referencing same locations.

Here's a shot of my User1 bank that covers all my User IRs. Not everything is used.Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 9.40.09 PM.png

User 1 is my Hendrix IR (from original 2017 700+ Naked Amps, now discontinued in favor of Dream Rigs), it is repeated in User 30

User 20 - 33 are just for the Dream Rigs for the AX8 and XL/XL+. Some of these are now Factory IRs in the Axe-Fx III or FM3 that I provided.

User 33-42 are specific to the old Mark II/Original, which didn't have those IRs as Factory cabs

User 44-49 are for 1400+ Naked Amps and only apply to the presets that Justin York, Leon Todd and Fremen submitted for it.

User 51 - 64 are for the 200+ Bass TonePack on any recent Fractal unit. I don't actually use every IR shown but they are all included.

The first Brit Rock Royalty #1 used User 55-56, but I have moved those to 65-66 for the fw 14 update and forthcoming FM3 version (stripped down) of it.

Nothing above 67 is actually used by me in a TonePack (yet!) and I may move those around, they just happen to be there right now... I'd probably want to reserve 67 to 99 for future -- but I'll probably never use them.

Hope this is helpful - Fremen, I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Last edited:
Here's the cabs I use in my regular packs ; those for the Amp Packs are in user slots 151-165 and 305-322, and those for the Acoustic Simulation pack are in user bank 2

Fremen user cabs.jpg

A pack focusing on boutique amps, for fusion/jazz rock/blues tones. Lots of drive pedals into clean platform amps too.

Oh, sigh. So you mean a great pack haha.
I was just trying to order but the purchase button keeps getting stuck (thinking) I’ll try later. Probably stuck because there are so many ppl buying I hope.

Back
Top Bottom