AFIII Presets Fremen Axe-Fx III "amp packs"

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Just bought the whole amps packs. So far (just randomly played some presets), it sounds great !
Now, my problem is to manage and clean the presets slots...

Just watched your Mauritian Tribute to Pink Floyd band live at Casela, full video more than two hrs, and have decide to purchase Amp packs.Kindly let me know whether sales promotion extended until end of this year as well as at which website they are available. Thanks!

Hello, if you like Pink Floyd, you're in for a treat, the Axe-Fx III versions, which I should release soon, are spectacular ! The Black Friday promotion is unfortunately over but I may have another one for Christmas, it will depend if I'm in Mauritius to take care of it, or not. I don't connect to my website for these kind of stuff when I'm abroad, last time in LA, where I was for NAMM, I was hacked and lost 15 days of sales so never again ;)
My website : https://fremenpresets.com/

Heavy grunge from Mauritius, recorded and mixed by your humble servant in his little home studio. Guitars are from my Axe-Fx III amp packs (left channel Friedman BE C45, right channel Angle Severe 2), scene 1 (rhythm) with the reverb bypassed and almost no post-processing. Those young guys usually plays with Zoom G2...

Hello guys ! My long awaited Axe-Fx III presets are now available.

Instead of converting my existing Axe-Fx II packs, I have something new : 30 amp packs. Each pack has 15 presets, each preset 8 scenes. Each preset also uses a new custom IR for the rhythm/crunch/lead scenes. The clean scenes uses a clean IR I already used in my Axe-Fx II presets.

Those presets are built on the same “do it all” template, with 8 scenes. Each preset has the same template and effects settings. What changes from preset to preset are the user cab and the amp settings, and sometimes, the amp model. More details and explanations here :

https://fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii-amp-packs/

The packs also has a "tweaking tips" document, to help those who would want to tweak the presets to their liking.

Here's two short demonstration videos, one for the "5153" amp pack, the other for the "ODS" one. The "ODS" is part of the "Boutique" bundle (with the Comet, Mr Z, Two Stones & Wrecker amp models), which uses a different set of user cabs than the 25 other amp packs.

Launch price : Single Amp Pack : € 7 each
Bundles of 5 Amp Packs : € 25 each instead of € 35
Amp Pack Full bundle (all the 6 bundles, so 30 Amp packs, 450 presets) : € 90 instead of € 150.

Just a thought, Add a webpage/pricing for your American fans using $.

I took advantage of the 30% discount and got the Axe FX III Bundle. Liking many of the tones and learning from analyzing the presets.

I did notice on SCENE 4 - Lead 2 on almost all of the presets that the output volume is about 3-5db in the red when I monitor levels on my Axe ( Layout- Zoom and the meters are on the top of the screen) Note: Scenes 1 and 2 are perfectly balanced kissing 0 db most of the time.
I "think" Scene 3 Lead 1 also goes into the red but not 100% sure.

I am using a SSH Suhr Classic Pro ( strat with a humbucker in the bridge) I even see the "going in the Red" when using only a single coil PU.

Has any one else noticed this ?

I did notice on SCENE 4 - Lead 2 on almost all of the presets that the output volume is about 3-5db in the red when I monitor levels on my Axe ( Layout- Zoom and the meters are on the top of the screen) Note: Scenes 1 and 2 are perfectly balanced kissing 0 db most of the time...

Has any one else noticed this ?
So your lead tone is 3-5 dB hotter than the rest of the tones. Isn't that exactly what you want? ;)

So your lead tone is 3-5 dB hotter than the rest of the tones. Isn't that exactly what you want? ;)
Rex of course I do :) BUT they are in the Red Zone on the AxeFX output . To my ears it is adding distortion that is not so pleasing . When I back down the preset it sounds better. On my own presets I have the non lead at about -3db and the leads kissing 0db.

Just wondering if this is something with MY setup or are others seeing this as well.
Also am I wrong in thinking going 5 db into the red and staying in the red is " not good practice" ?

Hello, what is your output 1 volume set at ? Mine is usually less than 50 %. My rhythm scenes at set at 0 db and the leads +2 db

Rex of course I do :) BUT they are in the Red Zone on the AxeFX output . To my ears it is adding distortion that is not so pleasing . When I back down the preset it sounds better. On my own presets I have the non lead at about -3db and the leads kissing 0db.
Going into the “red zone” above 0 dB doesn’t add any distortion. That only happens when you start pegging the meters.

Back
Top Bottom