AFIII Presets Fremen Axe-Fx III "amp packs"

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Hello, what is your output 1 volume set at ? Mine is usually less than 50 %. My rhythm scenes at set at 0 db and the leads +2 db

My output 1 is normally at about 11 o'clock , < 50%. In my studio I run via SPDIF into my interface and the output 1 volume does nothing when listening through my monitors it is a constant near 0db signal. I does affect my AxeFx headphone volume and I was most likely driving those too much when I noticed the issue.

Going into the “red zone” above 0 dB doesn’t add any distortion. That only happens when you start pegging the meters.

As @Rex Points out it sounds bad when you peg the meters ( note: the @fremen presets DO NOT do this) . When I created a few presets a while back my lead sounds were pegging the meters hence I trimmed them back.

I just re-read the Axe Fx 3 Manual ...
More importantly, while the grid is zoomed out, you can see larger VU meters for Outputs 1 and 2 at the top of the display. The scale of these meters is -20 to +10 dB with a red line at 0. (This is the internal level, NOT a dBu reading.) These meters are great for setting levels.

So Here is what happened - The night I sent my original post I was using headphones and were over-driving them, Then I looked at the meters saw them going a bit into the RED on Scene 4 . Then had a "flash back" memory to when I was PEGGING the meters and got a bit confused.

I just played the Scene 4 on a few patches thru my monitors and they sound great. Put on the cans with the output set at 9-10 O'clock sounded great, turned the headphones up and heard them start to distort. So the patches are fine and its OK to go a bit into the RED when using the meters to balance presets.

Thanks for the help -- I understand what happened and learned a bit in the process

My output 1 is normally at about 11 o'clock , < 50%. In my studio I run via SPDIF into my interface and the output 1 volume does nothing when listening through my monitors it is a constant near 0db signal. I does affect my AxeFx headphone volume and I was most likely driving those too much when I noticed the issue.

As @Rex Points out it sounds bad when you peg the meters ( note: the @fremen presets DO NOT do this) . When I created a few presets a while back my lead sounds were pegging the meters hence I trimmed them back.

I just re-read the Axe Fx 3 Manual ...
More importantly, while the grid is zoomed out, you can see larger VU meters for Outputs 1 and 2 at the top of the display. The scale of these meters is -20 to +10 dB with a red line at 0. (This is the internal level, NOT a dBu reading.) These meters are great for setting levels.

So Here is what happened - The night I sent my original post I was using headphones and were over-driving them, Then I looked at the meters saw them going a bit into the RED on Scene 4 . Then had a "flash back" memory to when I was PEGGING the meters and got a bit confused.

I just played the Scene 4 on a few patches thru my monitors and they sound great. Put on the cans with the output set at 9-10 O'clock sounded great, turned the headphones up and heard them start to distort. So the patches are fine and its OK to go a bit into the RED when using the meters to balance presets.

Thanks for the help -- I understand what happened and learned a bit in the process
Score! Enjoy your victory and play some tunes. :)

Oh, and I added room ambiance/floor reflexions in the cab block of the "boutique" amp packs, and removed a controller on the EQ block (which was a duplicate of the volume block), as you can see in the video below. This is a "Macro record" working ; without that, updating 465 presets would take ages :)

These two next jams were recorded with my "go-to" lead tone, using the MKIIC+ amp model. This preset comes from my Axe-Fx II "Fremen's picks" pack, which will also be released in Axe-Fx III version, but smaller, as the Pink Floyd presets were also in "Fremen's picks". They all use my older IRs, different from the ones in the Amp Packs

last night i converted this preset to the axe 3 and it sound reallly bad

using the same IR ? Because for me it sounds good without tweaking - but I improved it anyway.
yeah same ir,i think fractool is having some bugs,because for example when i extract an ir from a bundle preset(not any of your presets)the ir extracted fine but when i load the ir on the axe 3 cabs the ir doesnt appear there is like a empty slot,can you sent me that presetwith my "go-to" lead tone, using the MKIIC+ amp model.)(?i bought that cab pack from you,if you need proof about my purchase let me know.

An update for all my Amp Packs is available in the "Purchase history" section of my website. I needed to adjust the compressors for firmware 2.05, and also raised the volume of the clean scenes a little.

Thanks! So, we just need to update presets. Not IR-s?

An update for all my Amp Packs is available in the "Purchase history" section of my website. I needed to adjust the compressors for firmware 2.05, and also raised the volume of the clean scenes a little.

HOLY CRAP

takemymoney.jpg

Thanks! So, we just need to update presets. Not IR-s?
Yes, just the presets !

also i forget to ask you for the preset number,is this one 10 or this one 030?
Both translated well... PM me your email !
I will release Axe-Fx III version of my Axe 2 presets too, but they won't be exactly the same. Smaller packs, but more stuff in each preset, except the 5 scenes pack which will still have 90 presets. I will have a small pack just for the "synthpad" stuff :

...but also a Petrucci pack (I have dozen of Dream Theater songs on Jammit), a classic prog pack which will include some atmospheric stuff, and most probably a "djent" pack - I got my Strandberg 7 strings just for that. Plus, of course, the "fusion" pack with the incredible Richard Hallebeek

here, he's playing with my Amp Packs :

The "fusion" pack will be mostly his presets, with some tweaks by myself

also i forget to ask you for the preset number,is this one 10 or this one 030?

Here's a quick demo of preset 030, made in literally 5 minutes, not even edited, and uploaded straight to youtube. This is not meant to be a guitar performance, just a demo of the Axe-Fx III version, converted from the Axe-Fx II and tweaked. So, lots of clams, at times I wasn't paying attention to the song structure ! Scenes 1-4 : from darker to brightest lead tone scenes 5-8 : same as 1-4, but with more delay/reverb, and the enhancer on. This preset will be included in the Axe-Fx III version of "Fremen's picks", probably tweaked a little more.

I sent it to you by email ; of course, don't share it ! Use the same IR than in the Axe-Fx II (N° 036, which is not even my go-to IR ; I'll try IR N° 34 with this)

Here's a quick demo of preset 030, made in literally 5 minutes, not even edited, and uploaded straight to youtube. This is not meant to be a guitar performance, just a demo of the Axe-Fx III version, converted from the Axe-Fx II and tweaked. So, lots of clams, at times I wasn't paying attention to the song structure ! Scenes 1-4 : from darker to brightest lead tone scenes 5-8 : same as 1-4, but with more delay/reverb, and the enhancer on. This preset will be included in the Axe-Fx III version of "Fremen's picks", probably tweaked a little more.

I sent it to you by email ; of course, don't share it ! Use the same IR than in the Axe-Fx II (N° 036, which is not even my go-to IR ; I'll try IR N° 34 with this)

thank you Fremen,for sure im not going to share the preset,sound awesome what you play on that video.

Yes, just the presets !

Both translated well... PM me your email !
I will release Axe-Fx III version of my Axe 2 presets too, but they won't be exactly the same. Smaller packs, but more stuff in each preset, except the 5 scenes pack which will still have 90 presets. I will have a small pack just for the "synthpad" stuff :

...but also a Petrucci pack (I have dozen of Dream Theater songs on Jammit), a classic prog pack which will include some atmospheric stuff, and most probably a "djent" pack - I got my Strandberg 7 strings just for that. Plus, of course, the "fusion" pack with the incredible Richard Hallebeek

here, he's playing with my Amp Packs :

The "fusion" pack will be mostly his presets, with some tweaks by myself

Hey T, just clarifying; you are gonna do a 'synthpad' pack, a Petrucci pack, prog with atmospheric(and some other packs)all for the III? You want my money now or later? How will the Hallebeek/Fremen joint presets be made available?

I bought the Fremen AXE FX III amp packs the other day. Just got around to loading some of them today. I get loading the cabs 1,2,3 in order with the presets 1,2,3. Do the cabs vary from preset to preset though? Like in the Brit pack are they the same cabs for the 800 vs the plexi etc. But are the different from say the Brit pack to the California Pack etc right?

It's the same selection of cabs for each pack, except the boutique packs which has another cab list

Back
Top Bottom