Fremen AX8 presets - teaser

What would be even better than having all these great presets? I would definitely pay for some patch programming lessons on advanced use of effects. For example what is the idea behind the parallel compression in the Mesa lead patch? I see that you filtered the signal peaking at 600hz before the compressor which is interesting. Anyway I would bet that there are a lot of fractal users like myself that don't really have any know how other than just using my ears.

Ok, I would be interested as well. The Tucana Lead 3 preset is awesome!

I do have a suggestion. In the Tucana preset, the curve for the volume pedal was set with a mid value of 94%. I would set it to something a little less radical for a starting point. I like it at 60%. I don't know if that is what you use in all your presets but I don't think most users are going to want it set to 94%.

Last edited:
Ok, I would be interested as well. The Tucana Lead 3 preset is awesome!

I do have a suggestion. In the Tucana preset, the curve for the volume pedal was set with a mid value of 94%. I would set it to something a little less radical for a starting point. I like it at 60%. I don't know if that is what you use in all your presets but I don't think most users are going to want it set to 94%.
I use the volume pedal to do volume swells, not to control the volume, and that's how it works the best with my expression pedal...

Btw, I spent all my afternoon/evening yesterday making the alternate versions, exporting the normal/alternate presets banks of 8 presets (51 for now), exporting the free cabs (there's 85 of them !) as single files. I now have to make a few more tonematch presets, a few more new presets using the stock cabs I didn't have in my MKI or maybe using the latest FAS cab packs, record a demo video, and write the necessary (long!) blog post. All of this should be done by Sunday when I plan on releasing the kraken

Dude, you are simply amazing. :D Hard to believe that you aren't already on the FAS payroll.

(Artist package contributor?) :)

Ah, I just noticed something. You normal users have 2.02 in your AX8, but as a beta tester I have 2.03. Not sure if it is a problem. I didn't edit the amp blocks from 2.0 anyway as it wasn't needed. So I have a proposal. I'm going to sell the pack right now to ONE guy willing to check it, for a reduced price. The first who PM me gets it ! :p

Initial thoughts of the presets I went through! Outstanding!!!!! Can't say that enough!!! I only got to play through the blue mofi headphones. Everything seems nice and balance. I'll hook it up to the CLR tomorrow! I'm sure everything will translate well! The time that went through making these preset pack for the Ax8 is unbelievable! It's late, and I got to get to bed! But.....Hands down a must have preset pack from Fremen! Newbie or Advance user you won't be disappointed!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

I use the volume pedal to do volume swells, not to control the volume, and that's how it works the best with my expression pedal...

I do the same. My point is that as a starting point for different people that is not a good way to set it for multiple types of pedals. With the AX8, we have seen an influx of people who are new to FAS products. Not everyone will know how to change it.

I guess we're buying "your" presets, not generic presets. It's no big deal for me to make changes so leave it as you prefer.

I've been having a lot of trouble downloading presets and other things from Dropbox. I have a Mac, I'm selecting download file as, deleting the txt extension and it's still saving as a text file. Not sure what I should do here, if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom