Fremen AX8 presets released

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Darkside.jpg

I worked like crazy during almost three weeks to convert my Axe-Fx II presets to AX8 format, you can now get them from here :)

http://axefremen.blogspot.com/2016/04/fremen-ax8-20-presets-pack.html

Please, don't share them if you buy them !

Fremen

Last edited:
Purchased! I am amazed you cranked these out so quickly! Thanks for your hard work! Can't wait to start using them... :cool:

Guys, please note, the "5sc" presets works better if AX8 Edit is not connected, as the initial volume of scene 1 is not always correctly "refreshed" by AX8-Edit.

Anyone get a chance to try these out yet?

Yeah - I've been running through the 1st 12 banks and there are some great presets included. Fremen obviously knows how to construct a great patch. Some of these are a real hoot! There's a lot of really good high gain patches so far. I myself am into more of the clean / low gain / mid gain stuff but I'm finding plenty of those too. So far it's well worth the price of admission.:cool: I hope to learn a lot studying how these are put together, but for the moment I'm having too much fun with them to care about being that serious! I'm really happy with them, and I've got a long way to go yet!:D

Yeah - I've been running through the 1st 12 banks and there are some great presets included. Fremen obviously knows how to construct a great patch. Some of these are a real hoot! There's a lot of really good high gain patches so far. I myself am into more of the clean / low gain / mid gain stuff but I'm finding plenty of those too. So far it's well worth the price of admission.:cool: I hope to learn a lot studying how these are put together, but for the moment I'm having too much fun with them to care about being that serious! I'm really happy with them, and I've got a long way to go yet!:D
Thanks ! Most the clean / low gain / mid gain stuff are after the banks you've tested so far ;)

Purchased, tested a few. Good work! Some remarks:

- too much focus on lead tones, as for me (I'm constantly turning off /shunting delays / reverbs /etc and tweaking towards the rhythm sounds)
- many presets too bright for my setup (Atomic active wedge, tweeter at noon, MM Axis stock, elixirs)
- great reverbs modulations, etc, although I think they are too pronounced for live use, will need to tweak, and I'm afraid I'll just mess those up completely...)
- unfortunately package is not very well tested (although I'm playing with alternate banks only, which means just free cabs, there are non-existing cabs used - for ex. many in preset bank 10).
- it's hard to live without a dedicated preset list for AX8; I downloaded via fractal bot 6-7 random banks and still didn't find 5153 5-scenes preset :) (the list is not accurate, as it is based on Axe FX version of package)
- mesa rhythm sounds are very good. I didn't realize they could be tweaked to such a good shape. Now I wonder how they would sound with dedicated cabs from "normal" banks :) (that cabs / presets buying frenzy never ends...)

Thanks!

I sent an email to your th1bderob just now with that information. And just now through the forum private conversation we previously had.

Update 10:56: I sent the PayPal transaction ID just now as well.

Update 11:14: My bad. It was in my spam folder. My apologies to Fremen! His other emails showed up in my inbox so I thought the link would too. It was sent to the spam folder because it was in French.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom