Fremen AX8 presets released

I added 1 bonus preset in "Fremen's picks", and 5 in "Metal & Brit", for Quantum 10 firmware. Here's a demo of the new Friedman HBE C45 model (*)... I love the much faster X/Y switching for the amp block !

(*) this preset uses two new custom cabs I recently worked on, and that I will release with new presets soon

Is a complete Quantum 10 update of your Preset Packs planned?

Up to now the presets I checked are fine but I'll update any other preset that may need it.

Up to now the presets I checked are fine but I'll update any other preset that may need it.

thank you for your quick reply.

means that I can buy your Mega-Pack in its current state and won't get a new Quantum 10 version in a few days, which I would have to pay again?

I purchased this about a year ago do I need to update anything? Sorry about my ignorance. I still have the link you sent me when I purchased your pack.

If you updated your AX8 firmware to Quantum 9, yes it's better for you to use the latest version I uploaded. It's in a separate folder. You just need to download the package again

SALES ALERT : -30% on all my Axe-Fx III presets until the end of the year with the code "EOY18"

I forgot to post a few recent videos on this thread :

Hello,
I bought the Megapack thanks to the special deal offered.
The presets are great, no complaints about that.
But the instructions that accompany them are not up to par, to say the least.
I tried to load them all, as I have been told, but first of all some of the cabs overlap and delete previous ones.
So which one to keep?
And the presets are really a pain to load and eventually you end up with not enough memory banks available to load them all.
Since I have been told to load them all, either I am not doing something right, or something is seriously lacking in the instructions.
Can someone here help with some good practice advice?
Because right now I have such a mess in my presets, with a whole bunch of them only diferrent in name but having the same exact sound and display, the only step left is erase all and load the defaults again.
So much for a megapack.
I hope that with your help I will eventually make good use of it.
Thanks

Hello,
I tried to load them all, as I have been told, but first of all some of the cabs overlap and delete previous ones.
So which one to keep?
And the presets are really a pain to load and eventually you end up with not enough memory banks available to load them all.
Since I have been told to load them all, either I am not doing something right, or something is seriously lacking in the instructions.
Because right now I have such a mess in my presets, with a whole bunch of them only diferrent in name but having the same exact sound and display, the only step left is erase all and load the defaults again.
So much for a megapack.
Thanks
Hello, I already replied to you on my website...
There's no cab overlapping. My user cabs are consistent from pack to pack. In fact they're excatly the same in AX8, Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III. If there was any overlapping I would know, and other customers would have notified me. I checked this countless time, using Fractool Cablist etc.
Loading presets limitations is the same for all AX8 users. As explained in my instructions, you can load single presets with drag & drop in AX8 EDIT/TOOLS/Axe-Manage Presets, or send banks of 8 with Fractal Bot
You need to organize yourself well, I think your problem is here. Are you new with the AX8 ? Send one pack at a time, not more. Send the user cabs at the correct locations following instructions, including the video showing how to do it. Move the presets you want to keep to the last blank banks and proceed to the next pack.
I never had a "so much for a megapack" comment from anyone until today.

Happy new year, by the way !

Hello,
So which one to keep?
So much for a megapack.
Thanks

Do you have a recent backup of your AX8 before you began to load Fremen's presets?
Hopefully, that way you can just do a quick restore, then proceed like he says 1 bank at a time, or even just one preset to start to make sure all is well.

I recently purchased a selection of his presets. I had to load all the cabs into my user cab slots.
It all works well and I am pleased with his products.

Hello, I already replied to you on my website...
You need to organize yourself well, I think your problem is here. Send one pack at a time, not more. Move the presets you want to keep to the last blank banks and proceed to the next pack.

Thank you for answering.
You nailed it. This is exactly my problem. I need advice and some good practice recommendations and you just provided some valuable ones. Now I know that I better reset all and start clean following your advice.
One more question though. The way I understand it, when a preset is loaded with a cab, it actually looks for the cab at a specific address/memory, right?
So if, let's say, I start loading specific presets following my taste, and I do not load them in their intended slot, how do i make sure they will work and find their assigned cab?
(As you can see by my questions, I am a newbie, but I do get to ask questions, right? :wink:)

Lets take one of Fremen's presets that include a cab.
When you import it, and go to save it, there will be a message on the AX8-Edit screen that lets you know the cab needs to be saved where ever you want to. Put it in the USER Cab area.

In my case I have presets from 2112 (Leon todd), Moke, Glenn Dulane, Fremen.
Whenever they include a cab in a preset ( called a preset bundle I believe) I have to choose and manage where I store their IR's or Cabs.

It can get messy if you don't have a plan.

I would suggest watching a few videos of importing IR's / cabs.
Look to see how they are arranged. Save them to the USER cab location of your choice.

Here is a preset / cab lR loading video, just as an example to show you how it can be done.

So if, let's say, I start loading specific presets following my taste, and I do not load them in their intended slot, how do i make sure they will work and find their assigned cab?
(As you can see by my questions, I am a newbie, but I do get to ask questions, right? :wink:)
You can store a preset wherever you want, it doesn't matter. If that preset uses cab N° 35, it will still point to cab N° 35 and will sound as intended IF you load my cab N° 35 t that memory spot
In short :
User cabs needs to be put at the right spots
presets doesn't, they will still point to the right user cabs slots
If you don't have presets from other people using user cabs it's fine. If you do, then it can become more complicated, but let's skip this part for now

Hello guys, I just added two presets to the "Metal & Brit" pack, for firmware 10.01 : a Rockman X100 tonematch, and a Tool Diezel VH4 preset. Both are adapted from my Axe-Fx III presets. I don't have any demo for the AX8 versions, but here's the Axe-Fx III ones :

The AX8 versions are not 100 % identical, but very close

Back
Top Bottom