Fremen AX8 presets released

Fortunately I don't have to update anything, and the big brother doesn't have multiple versions anymore either ;)

Can you clarify this a bit? Looks like 7.02 is not even an option now, and likely the AX8 will be on 8.01 beta shortly. That wont change any of the amp tones\presets you built around 7.02?

From the release notes (for the Axe FX)

Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up.

The bias excursion values for most amp models have been updated based on new measurement techniques. Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values.

Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

Cab block Delay parameters now have 0.001 ms resolution.

Increased gain of “Brit Brown” model by 12 dB.

Fixed “quantization” noise when Amp block Transformer Drive parameter is set to its minimum value and a lot of gain is applied after the block. This specifically addresses the “Tube Pre” model as the default Transformer Drive is at the minimum.

All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emph parameters. These parameters control the detector filtering. Filter is a low-cut filter and Emph is a high-frequency emphasis. These parameters can be used to tailor the response of the various compressor types to different material.

Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.

Fixed mistake in “Citrus RV50” amp model.

Hello,

7.02 beta is still available but I'm going to use the most recent firmware anyway.
I will check the presets with the Citrus model. Not sure I used the Brit Brown somewhere but I'll check for that too. As I said, all the presets I tested are fine

Quick follow up : the Citrus presets are fine, and no preset uses the Brit Brown. So far, no update required, the presets works fine with Q8.0 beta. Of course if I stumble onto a preset that was affected, I'll update it

UPDATE :
4 bonus presets added in the "Metal & Brit pack", and a new user IR too. It's a new custom mix I made from this new Valhallir.at cab :

http://valhallir.at/en/shop/mb-1992-v30/

The 4 new presets are those I use for the rhythm tracks in the video ; two of them uses the "Double Whoooper" cab (hope I didn't miss an "o" ?)

Hi

I bought your presets today and have managed to import the user cabs but when I import the presets they just show as <BLANK>. Please help! Thanks.

Probably not, on my website, I specify that those presets are for Quantum 7.02 beta, they will work with 8.02 beta too... all those for whom they appeared blank had older firmware :)

Reactions: Rex
Thanks for your reply, I only had 7.01 and was wondering why it was showing blank after several tries - so will update to 8.02 over the weekend.

Hi I bought your presets quantum 2.03 a while back and I ended up selling the Ax8 and I just got a new one. I still have the original email you sent me whats the next step on getting the newest version of your presets on my ax8?

Hello ! The old packs had 6 months of free updates and are now discontinued. The new packs will have at least 1 year of free updates ; I'm in fact considering extending it to two years. They're available at my new website, https://fremenpresets.com

i bought your Fremen's Picks for the AX8 and to be honest your presets are the best i had try,really good job man,one question in the archive come 2 Andy Timmons presets,in the bonus folder and in one of the banks what preset is better for the cry for you song?also do you have any steve lukather preset,i like the lukather tone in the 1990 paris concert.

There's no "best" Andy Timmons preset between those two, it's really a taste thing. It depends on the guitar used too !
I don't have a specific Lukather preset, however some presets uses his circular delay settings

There's no "best" Andy Timmons preset between those two, it's really a taste thing. It depends on the guitar used too !
I don't have a specific Lukather preset, however some presets uses his circular delay settings
im using a Fender American Strat with Seymour Duncan JB humbucker bridge, STK-7 neck and STK-4 mid,i didnt try all the banks but can i ask you what presets use the circular delay?

Back
Top Bottom