Fremen AX8 presets released

After using your presets for a week I am very impressed!
The stock factory presets are mostly useless and don't demonstrate
the full capabilities of the unit like yours do. I am looking forward to
exploring more as time goes on. Pretty much everything I could ever need
is here. Anybody on the fence should definitely take advantage of these great
sounds. Thanks again Fremen!

just purchased wow just wow thanks so much for your hard work
one question i didn't get the friedman bank 58 I'm sure I'm just overlooking something thanks for the help and the hard work

Also your custom scales are set for e flat. If I want to change them to standard tuning how do I do that. Do I just bump up all numbers by 1??

Last edited:
just purchased wow just wow thanks so much for your hard work
one question i didn't get the friedman bank 58 I'm sure I'm just overlooking something thanks for the help and the hard work

Also your custom scales are set for e flat. If I want to change them to standard tuning how do I do that. Do I just bump up all numbers by 1??
Not sure about the question for the Friedman ?
For the custom scales no, you just need to alter one parameter in the pitch block itself, by default it's set on A, you need to put it to Bb I think, or G#, not sure (not in front of my Ax8 now)

ypur notes said 3 more presets using be/hbe/shirley (bank 58) i just can't seem to find bank 58 its no biggie thanks for getting back to me

you don't have to do that its all good but thanks
i do have a question I'm using the alternate presets i notice your demo your tones are brighter and you number 1 acoustic sim preset sounds really great mine sound darker and the acoustic preset does not have that acoustic shimmer like yours I'm running into a friedman asm 12 and granted i haven't been able to turn it up loud I'm assuming the treble will come up a lot when turned up ? i know you've tried the ask should i just adjust the global output eq?
and last question the tone controls on the amps don't seem to do much like the treble knob does not seem to have a huge effect on your presets and on the stock ones is that normal i just got back into fractal land after using real ams for 3 years or so i used to have a axe fx II before this ax8 so I've missed a lot of firmware updates i was just wondering if its normal

Hello again,
The shimmer mix in the acoustic presets, and all my presets that have shimmer, is controlled by ext pedal N° 2. You need to decrease it, on full (toe down) the mix is 0%
Regarding the tone itself, it really depends on the guitar/pickups used. The acoustic sims in this pack are made for an Ibanez RG520 with bare Knuckle pickups, in position 4 (5 being the bridge pickup), and this postion gives a a bright tone. With darker sounding guitars it won't sound the same, that's the "raison d'être" of my acoustic pack
regarding the effect of the tone stack it really depends on the amp model, on some the tonestack is before the preamp. I use both treble and presence to give brightness to my sounds

And yes the Axe has evolved quite a lot in three years, or even in 12 months :)

awesome thanks try that on the acoustic preset I'm just trying to sort through you presets and kinda make then work for my live situations

Need a little help

Using AX8-Edit 1.7. Following "How to load the free cabs in your AX8" video to import the cabs. Drag and drop doesn't work. I have AX*-Edit admin enabled but when I drag from explorer I can't drop onto the "Axe Manage: CABS" interface. I get this icon ⃠.

Need a little help

Using AX8-Edit 1.7. Following "How to load the free cabs in your AX8" video to import the cabs. Drag and drop doesn't work. I have AX*-Edit admin enabled but when I drag from explorer I can't drop onto the "Axe Manage: CABS" interface. I get this icon ⃠.
Are you using .syx cab files?

I just started going through these and, wow. I was hoping to find a handful of presets to fill a bank and be my staple live setup but the quality is massive. Even the 5 scene presets are a marathon. My first run through has pulled out about 16 presets which I'll try to refine down to about 3 but that will be very tough. And I have started going through the full AX8 library. 9 banks in and one day down I have save so many it's going to take some serious self control to narrow these down. Plus I've saved a couple of Acoustic presets that worked pretty well. Anyway, just wanted to say this library is awesome ((and I still have over 40 banks to go through before I start narrowing the favourites down).

Back
Top Bottom