Freeze ups in 1.03?

mikeyg

Experienced
I just sold my FM3. It arrived and it is freezing up using any of the physical controls. It powers up fine, but he says it freezes after 2 to 3 front actions.

This is 1.03 firmware

Anyone else?

i haven't experienced any freezing in 1.03.

1.02 did have freezing issues from the Amp and Delay blocks, but that was solved in 1.03.

if we can get more details from the user in this thread, that'd help.

It's mine, non headphone. It's about dead in the water at this point. I turn it on and Out 1 clip is solid red and the Edited light next to it are on solid. I can hit layout or setup but then it freezes. About an hour or 2 ago I deleted ALL the presets, reloaded, and it was working for about 20 minutes then just froze again and now I can't do anything. I tried rebooting while holding either HOME, HOME AND EDIT, Page Land R but it won't bring me to a clean blank preset and locks up after doing anything. Also, the audio I'm hearing from it sounds like a mess, something is up with it.

It's mine, non headphone. It's about dead in the water at this point. I turn it on and Out 1 clip is solid red and the Edited light next to it are on solid. I can hit layout or setup but then it freezes. About an hour or 2 ago I deleted ALL the presets, reloaded, and it was working for about 20 minutes then just froze again and now I can't do anything. I tried rebooting while holding either HOME, HOME AND EDIT, Page Land R but it won't bring me to a clean blank preset and locks up after doing anything. Also, the audio I'm hearing from it sounds like a mess, something is up with it.
sorry to hear that. i'm not aware of something any user could do to make it have that status.

i might try the emergency firmware update procedure.

turn off the unit. hold Page right and left buttons, and while holding, turn the unit back on. this brings up the emergency loader. use Fractal-Bot like normal from here to update to 1.03 again. let us know?

Do these have a standard 1 year warranty? Is it only applicable to the original owner?
i'm not sure how this would translate to your specific situation. i'd just hear it from the horse's mouth at this point. link them to this thread, tell them what happened, and support should be able to help you out.

Not sure if this counts as an FM 3 freeze up, but I am having trouble saving factory banks to my computer.
Fractal Bot-Recieve mode-FM3-FM3 Com3-choose file location-receive files, then select from menu.
It is locking up at 1% and never advances. It says “Now receiving Bank A“,but is frozen at 1%
plenty of storage room, 8Tb. External drive.

I just sold my FM3. It arrived and it is freezing up using any of the physical controls. It powers up fine, but he says it freezes after 2 to 3 front actions.

This is 1.03 firmware

Anyone else?
My FM3 freezes all the time while NEVER exceeding 80% cpu. It takes me a very long time to make simple edits. The preset will sometimes disappear - meaning the preset number shows EMPTY after I save and have to reboot. FW: 1.04.7

Saying this... I absolutely love the unit. It sounds beautiful. I will remain patient as the Fractal team works out the bugs (which I am sure they will)

Last edited:
My FM3 freezes all the time while NEVER exceeding 80% cpu. It takes me a very long time to make simple edits. The preset will sometimes disappear - meaning the preset number shows EMPTY after I save and have to reboot. FW: 1.04.7

Saying this... I absolutely love the unit. It sounds beautiful. I will remain patient as the Fractal team works out the bugs (which I am sure they will)
Interesting. I haven’t experienced this in any 1.04 PB revision, and I’ve been testing a lot. I didn’t experience any freezes with 1.03 either. 1.02 had a freezing issue which was solved with 1.03.

Can you describe anything you were doing before it froze or when a preset disappeared? It could clue us in to the cause. Without experiencing it myself, I’m not sure what to look for.

Sorry to hear. My 1.03 has been working flawlessly, daily since it came. I haven't been messing with beta 1.04, and I don't use USB audio interface in the FM3 so I'm frustration free so far.

Feels like it's taking forever (by Fractal standards) to get the bugs out of 1.04 tho...

Sorry to hear. My 1.03 has been working flawlessly, daily since it came. I haven't been messing with beta 1.04, and I don't use USB audio interface in the FM3 so I'm frustration free so far.

Feels like it's taking forever (by Fractal standards) to get the bugs out of 1.04 tho...
With everything going on around the country, I'm sure things are a bit tricky when it comes to performing at the schedule we are used to. I'm only guessing at this point but it helps to understand potential delays or slow progress during development and testing. Lots of the workforce are working remotely, however I don't know if this is the case here.

Back
Top Bottom