Fixed Freeze up switching presets

elpedro

I just got my fm3 last week. Played around with it for several hours working on a new patch. Got into option paralysis so I decided to audition presets. Fm3 is on 1.06 beta 3 firmware with the new factory presets. Was using the selector knob to go thru presets one at a time. I got someplace past the glorious Friedman BE...don’t remember the exact preset. Switched to it, and the screen turned white with a bunch of vertical lines in it, and locked up. At that same point, my underwear had brown streaks in it cuz I thought my brand new fm3 was toast. Power off and back on and all was well. Played on it a couple more hours after that with no further issues. I have not reproduced this. Anyone else seen anything similar?

Same problem here , Black screen .with the 1.06b and with 1.06 aswell .Nothing works , no sound . No preset names .
Have to restart it . second time for me. I was switching presets with a external midi control.

The presets was updated too, only factory preset on it , it's a new unit.

IMG_20200911_223039.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's done it also a couple times. I'm on the current firmware, 1.06 and FM3-Edit 1.01.10 and a FC-6 using the OMG-9 layout.

interesting. i cannot get mine to freeze at all. will keep trying to source this issue.

Hi everybody

Just got mine yesterday - Had the same issue

Scrolled throuhg and around preset 200 it occurred. Cannot repeat the problem....

Kind regards

AAEN

I have a recent unit (warranty replacement) with 1.0.6, and randomly I'll get footswitch lock ups where the displays freeze and the buttons no longer do anything.

Everything else still works, just the footswitches and displays no longer work until a restart. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, seems to be entirely random.

I have a recent unit (warranty replacement) with 1.0.6, and randomly I'll get footswitch lock ups where the displays freeze and the buttons no longer do anything.

Everything else still works, just the footswitches and displays no longer work until a restart. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, seems to be entirely random.
can you recall if you switched things very quickly or hit 2 switches at once?

I had both issues 3 or 4 times.
One freeze when switching presets.
2 or 3 times switch displays showing nothing and do not work anymore - even external switches (Dual-Footswitch)

Happened with firmware 1.06 Beta2 1.06 Beta3 and 1.06 Release.
Since I've re-updated firmware 1.06 it seems OK.

I'm not sure but as far as i can remember every time the issues occuring i got FM3-Edit open and FM3 connected.

May this is an issue with communication of FM3 and FM3-Edit (USB issue, software issue ?)

Yesterday, while playing with factory presets switch #3 froze incl. mini display & led (remained dimmed).
Everything worked on except the switch #3. Restarting the device fixed the problem.

Firmaware 1.06; FM3 Edit via USB, Win10; Stand-In switch (Mosky) & Pedal (Boss) connected

Count me in ...My church gig was a disaster today.

Using the OMG-3.... had to reset about 12 times and ended up on one scene for the duration. :oops:

Count me in ...My church gig was a disaster today.

Using the OMG-3.... had to reset about 12 times and ended up on one scene for the duration. :oops:
Do you recall what you did immediately before a freeze? That detail is what will help solve it.

Hey Chris...... it has happened a few time at home ......Then at last church practice I had to reboot a several times.

Today I used an extension on an xlr and thought that might be the problem.......but after removing it it would freeze up at various places in my layouts... not any particular place. Sometimes on a scene or after selecting the effects layout.

I'm using 1.06beta3 so I will reload and see if that helps ..... it was totally unusable today.

I am using a variation of Leon's ....presets for 1.06.....not the cheat codes........ so I will go through that as well as I had no switches or pedals attached.

Hey Chris...... it has happened a few time at home ......Then at last church practice I had to reboot a several times.

Today I used an extension on an xlr and thought that might be the problem.......but after removing it it would freeze up at various places in my layouts... not any particular place. Sometimes on a scene or after selecting the effects layout.

I'm using 1.06beta3 so I will reload and see if that helps ..... it was totally unusable today.

I am using a variation of Leon's ....presets for 1.06.....not the cheat codes........ so I will go through that as well as I had no switches or pedals attached.
thanks! any detail like this helps.

Absolutely. I'm wondering if it's temp related as it seemed to get worse the longer it was turned on.

I am going to leave it on for a couple hours then play around with it.

On for two hours...... set up the same rig at home ... Senn Wireless..with no issues.

My guess is the a faulty dual xlr....... anyone experience this causing a problem?

Last edited:
On for two hours...... set up the same rig at home ... Senn Wireless..with no issues.

My guess is the a faulty dual xlr....... anyone experience this causing a problem?
That's not it, or, maybe it's a different problem. I use a short, well-made XLR, that hasn't been used for gigging or been stressed at all. I saw the problem a couple times after getting the FM3, but haven't in several weeks.

I turn the FM3 on just before I use it then turn it off pretty quickly after using it. I am aware of the fan outlets and keep at least 1/4" between the FM3 and the FC6 to avoid heat build-up.

Look Iookingg at the timeframes.....wondering if it something to do with the newer units as seems these were Sept.... Oct. FM3"s.
Anyone with an older unit?

Back
Top Bottom