Fixed Freeze up switching presets

Look Iookingg at the timeframes.....wondering if it something to do with the newer units as seems these were Sept.... Oct. FM3"s.
Anyone with an older unit?
I doubt there were any circuit or components changed during the delay to get additional units as that’s a costly process and typically restarts the alpha/beta release cycle. The FM3 is too new, and Fractal has made no mention of changes; they’re good about such things.

It’s more likely a hard-to-replicate bug in the switch monitoring or preset change code, hence the requests for a procedure that reliably causes the problem.

Me too, freezing while switching presets, especially presets with different banks. Only solution is reboot. I lowered the freezing occurrances with having lighter cpu presets - around 60% seems better.

So I just had to reboot due to a freezing problem, but this one was weird: The footswitches were completely frozen and unresponsive, but everything else was working fine. I could switch presets and scenes and edit things and everything, but the footswitches did nothing until I rebooted the unit (1.0.6 FW, headphone version)

So I just had to reboot due to a freezing problem, but this one was weird: The footswitches were completely frozen and unresponsive, but everything else was working fine. I could switch presets and scenes and edit things and everything, but the footswitches did nothing until I rebooted the unit (1.0.6 FW, headphone version)
Was it connected to the computer via USB? Stock layouts or OMG? Is there a foot controller attached? Which preset was running when it acted up? The more information we can tell them the sooner they can duplicate and fix the problem.

Fixed in 2.00. Please verify.
I updated to the beta firmware today and am still having the issue identical to before: The footswitches were completely frozen and unresponsive, but everything else was working fine. Meaning, I can use the buttons on the unit to switch presents and scenes and edit as usual, but the footswitches are completely dead. Seems to happen whether connected to the computer (fm3-edit) or not. It does seem to get worse the longer the unit is on. It can happen when changing scenes or presets, on click or click+hold. Doesn't seem to matter.

Last edited:
I updated to the beta firmware today and am still having the issue identical to before: The footswitches were completely frozen and unresponsive, but everything else was working fine. Meaning, I can use the buttons on the unit to switch presents and scenes and edit as usual, but the footswitches are completely dead. Seems to happen whether connected to the computer (fm3-edit) or not. It does seem to get worse the longer the unit is on. It can happen when changing scenes or presets, on click or click+hold. Doesn't seem to matter.

A problem that gets worse the longer the unit is on sounds to me like overheating. Are perhaps the vents covered?

So, after powering up the footswitches work at first, and then at some point don't work anymore?

Can you verify that fw 2.0 beta has installed correctly, by going into the Utility menu on the hardware and checking the version number?

So, after powering up the footswitches work at first, and then at some point don't work anymore?

Can you verify that fw 2.0 beta has installed correctly, by going into the Utility menu on the hardware and checking the version number?

Yes, the firmware update was correctly installed, and correct, they work for a bit then stop working. I've sent the unit in to you guys to take a look at. Should be getting to you on Friday.

Yes, the firmware update was correctly installed, and correct, they work for a bit then stop working. I've sent the unit in to you guys to take a look at. Should be getting to you on Friday.

Just to be clear : I'm not a Fractal employee.

Back
Top Bottom