Freeze/Hold Patch for AxeFx3?

kartman

Inspired
I've been messing with the DLY and REV block hold function to "freeze" a chord and then colour over it... After reading some AF2 posts (some of which are ancient), I'm wondering if anybody might have a patch or block details to share on how they are approaching the setup.

Basically, I want to rock a pedal or punch a switch and have the ringing chord hold and drone... I've tried adding modifiers to the level and bypass (and the hold switch) but I'm not happy with the result. I also want the "hold reverb block" to be 100% blocked when the hold is not activated. Right now the block is in parallel to the main signal path.

Thanks.

I've tried adding modifiers to the level and bypass (and the hold switch) but I'm not happy with the result.
What don't you like about the result? The Hold parameter gives you a true hold function.

What don't you like about the result? The Hold parameter gives you a true hold function.

Well... I got a pulsing in the drone. I didn't expect this from the REV block (maybe from DLY). Clearly, I've done something wrong. I'm happy to keep tinkering but, if anybody has a block or settings to share, it'd be appreciated.

Think he wants the equivalent of the ehx superego.

Possibility is doing a parallel synth block chain with whatever effects for droning and have different drones on different channels, but that won’t freeze/hold chords

Well... I got a pulsing in the drone. I didn't expect this from the REV block (maybe from DLY). Clearly, I've done something wrong. I'm happy to keep tinkering but, if anybody has a block or settings to share, it'd be appreciated.
The Hold function in the Delay block can cause pulsing. The Hold function in the Reverb block doesn’t.

Back
Top Bottom