Free Strat Friendly Presets

These sound great. And you squeezed an impressive amount of stuff into that Ambient preset.

Loving this stuff, really nice. I want to get back to using my Strat, after years on my 513s. This will be a fun place to start! Thanks for sharing.

These sound great. And you squeezed an impressive amount of stuff into that Ambient preset.

IIRC I turned the reverb density down a little and used a standard res cab, but it still sounds great to my ears. If the AX8 can do this I can't wait to hear what the Axe-III can do.

These were a lot of fun to put together; download link in the video description. I'd love to hear how these work with different people's setups.

THANK YOU Leon!!
For the record, I sent Leon a PM asking if any of his other (awesome) patches that he so kindly shares, were done with a Strat in mind. His prompt reply was basically, "No, but I will work on some", and sure enough, he delivered!
Leon is generous with his talent and a man of his word! Can't wait to try these tonight!
THANK YOU!

Last edited:
These were a lot of fun to put together; download link in the video description. I'd love to hear how these work with different people's setups.

Hello Leon - Thank you for your presets. I have tested all and really all are awesome. Especially the ambient and rock.

I play a 1989 Strat with Kinman PU - Avn 69 neck, Avn 62 mid and Hx 85 Bridge and the Kinman K9 circuit via an Atomic Ractor 50 W.

What's even better, I have stored yours effect blocks to use even more in my presets - thanks for that.

And thanks for all your AX8 videos, I learned a lot about the AX8.

Greetings from Austria

Hi Leon, tried converting these to Axe Fx II with Fractool but some of these come up with user cab locations or Scratchpad locations...any advice about some factory cabs you'd use with these ?

Gave it a kick with an Ownhammer cab OH412-MAR-CB-PR-H75-OH1-F06, prettyly blows of my ears on the Rock and Heavy patches, just had to turn down the gate from -60dB (a bit short) to -75dB, man you must have stone on your fingers to keep that sustain at -60dB or is it Fractool that converted this setting ? Same with reverb and delay mixes that were a bit too rich for my ears.
Thanks a lot, will surely explore these a bit closer. (tested on a squier surf strat equiped with Lollar Dirty Blondes)

Last edited:
THANK YOU Leon!!
For the record, I sent Leon a PM asking if any of his other (awesome) patches that he so kindly shares, were done with a Strat in mind. His prompt reply was basically, "No, but I will work on some", and sure enough, he delivered!
Leon is generous with his talent and a man of his word! Can't wait to try these tonight!
THANK YOU!

I asked him straight out on the forum a while back :) Thanks so much Leon...Sharing your work for all is, well, very nice!

Whoa! That Ty Tabor tone is nasty! Love it. Gonna be using that one for sure. I’m playing a PRS 513 so I’m hoping when I use the single coil setting it will work. Will let you know.

Whoa! That Ty Tabor tone is nasty! Love it. Gonna be using that one for sure. I’m playing a PRS 513 so I’m hoping when I use the single coil setting it will work. Will let you know.

Try it with humbuckers as well, should sound thick!

I use a Canon 5D mk3 for video and record sound DI into protools I sync them in imovie.
I have a GoPro Hero 6 and it takes amazing video. I guess there's no reason I couldn't use this for vids on Youtube, etc. I don't have any recording rig yet. Probably need to pick your brain about that some time.

I have a GoPro Hero 6 and it takes amazing video. I guess there's no reason I couldn't use this for vids on Youtube, etc. I don't have any recording rig yet. Probably need to pick your brain about that some time.

The 6 is incredible, a big step up from the 5 (which I have for underwater stuff) . Message me anytime

Back
Top Bottom