Free presets from Fremen

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Hello guys, I released a free presets pack, with samples from all my packs :

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/axe-fx-ii-free-samples-pack/

A few days ago there was a thread in one of Fractal's Facebook group, where there was some talk about sharing my "free" presets - except that the only presets I shared for free were very old and not suitable for Quantum firmware, and much less Quantum 10. And the presets shared privately between users were my commercial ones, so an admin deleted the post (I didn't even asked for it btw). ANYWAY : I made a little selection of 7 presets, taken from my various packs. You can get them on my website - please don't share them, even if they're free, I want them available on my site only.

They all have multiple scenes and controllers (using 2 or 3 expression pedals). They are bundle presets (except those with a *), meaning they should be imported, and their cab(s) stored at the location of your choice. The preset will always remember where you store the cabs. Both MK I, MK II and XL/XL+ versions are included, use the one suitable to your version of the Axe-Fx.

1. Acoustic sim * (from Fremen’s picks)

A preset simulating an electro-acoustic sound using a regular electric guitar (not one with a piezo pickup). This one is optimized for a HSH or HSS pickup configuration, with the selector between bridge and middle pickups. It has 5 scenes : first one is dry, the others adds chorus, delay, crystal effects etc. It also has controllers for three external expression pedals : Pedal 1 morphs the rotary in (when depressed), Pedal 2 morphs the shimmer in (when depressed), Pedal 3 controls the volume.

2. Nothing else matters clean (from Fremen’s picks)

My main clean tone, optimized for a HSH or HSS pickup configuration, with the selector between bridge and middle pickups, or the neck pickup if it’s a single coil, or middle position in a HH config. No multiple scenes on this one, however the expression pedal 1, when depressed, adds some shimmer.

3. USA MKIIC++ lead (from Fremen’s picks)

My main high gain lead tone, optimized for bridge humbucker. Three scenes ; first one is brighter, second warmer, third adds the enhancer.

4. Dumble and Dumbler (from Cleans & Blues)

Fat fusion lead tone, for when I try to pretend I’m Robben Ford. 5 scenes with different gain settings. That one can sustain for days

5. JC120 80’s clean * (from Fremen’s picks)

My main “eighties” type clean tone – think Rockman etc. 5 scenes, adding various effects. Expression pedal 1 is used for a dramatic violoning effect, with delay. Expression pedal 2 adds shimmer. Expression pedal 3 controls the volume.

6. Friedman BE C45 HGSP (from Metal & Brit)

HGSP stands for “high gain starting pack”, a series of presets I launched several years ago, long before I started selling presets. It has 5 scenes : 1 rhythm, 2 crunch, 3 lead 1, 4 lead 2 (less drive but warmer), 5 recording. There’s 32 HGSP presets in the Metal & Brit pack.

7. Matchbox D-30 5SC (from the 5 scenes pack)

A preset using 5 scenes with various amount of gain, from clean (scene 1) to high gain lead (scene 5).

I don't have a specific demo for those 7 presets, however, my friend Daniel Riesser (one of the best players from Reunion island, which is Mauritius sister island) checked them all, and many more - and loved them !

Hi
Can’t store theses free Fremen presets on my axe lx 2 xl plus
I don’t understand why ?
Does someone has the same issue ?
Thanks

Because you need to save it in the user memory of your choice, not in the scratchpad. The scratchpad is only for temporary auditioning

Hey Fremen, The presets sound good thank you. I only tried the Acoustic and Nothing else matters ones. Don't know if its an issue with FracTool conversion or your setup but all the expression pedals are full effect heel down. Could just be the way you roll?

Hey Fremen, The presets sound good thank you. I only tried the Acoustic and Nothing else matters ones. Don't know if its an issue with FracTool conversion or your setup but all the expression pedals are full effect heel down. Could just be the way you roll?
Yess I roll like that because normal position for me is toe down. When I want something more I depress the pedal. However, on some presets it decrease the gain
I cant find how or where the info is to be able to do it
Because that's Fractal 101... When you import a Bundle, you audition the user cab in Scratchpad, but needs to store it in the user location of your choice. It's in the user manual ;)

Back
Top Bottom