Free OwnHammer 112 IRs

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
I have been absent here a little while, and as a part of 'coming back to life' so to speak I wanted to hook you guys up with some preliminary alpha files from the mic preamp shootout stage in a new 1x12 configuration. These are similar to (but more haphazardly placed than the production files) the IR's in the following commercial library:

112-GTR STN-CL V30-EN-08 V3 MIX

I also shot it in open back fashion, the above and the below having different feature sets (so much more differs than just the back baffle configuration):

112-GTR STN-OP V30-EN-08 V3 MIX

There a couple IR's in here and also my HBE patch which I love with not just these IR's, but most all things Marshall as well. I typically only adjust the gain and the presence when switching between different guitars and cabs for balancing, but, your mileage may vary if you find it useful. Here is a clip of said patch with the "Mix" IR in the zip:

That is using one of my PRS's with coil split humbuckers, so, pretty bitey going in.

Here is the zip with the IR's and the (Mark II) patch:

112-GTR STN-CL Freebie

If you guys dig this, I'd definitely super duper appreciate it if you feel like picking up the commercial library. Lots of files, "better" and more placements, etc. Personally, I am very fond of this cab/speaker, definitely in my highly recommended bucket. Great for rock, hot country, you name it. Not harsh and spiky as it's my treasured older English V30, nice and smooth solo'd and sits wonderfully in the mix.

I'm a huge Paisley fan but not a Tele player (yet), if anybody who can would oblige busting out some Brad and posting it up I'd love to hear it, and bet you can totally nail the Camouflage tone with these few IR's. If not, there's no way you can't with the closed and/or open version of this puppy. :)

Hope you dig it!

Last edited:
what are the differences you are hearing/feeling between this cab and the mojotone cab you use on the other 112?

Sorry, it's late and I have the stupids. I couldn't figure it out from the readme. Should I be selecting Min Phase or Auto trim in Cab-Lab 3.x when doing the wav to syx conversion?

Just bought the 1*12s ALN & PR20 and can't recommend enough: really great sounding, warm, deep,round. Love them.
Tried with fender and TRiptic clean to crunch.

More of that Altec, please. Killer speaker. So great that you have one. Would love to hear it in a 1x12 and 2x12. Nice to have the SRO in a 1x12.

thanks for sharing these !
really like 1x12s as a recording alternative to 4x12s. maybe not quite as big, but more focus. have never played a Stone Age cab before, but it seems like a very nice, more modern alternative to the vintage vibe of the MojoTone 1x12. guess you know what's coming now... requesting more of that loaded with Celestions (Lynchback, EVH...) :) ...

1:30 in the morning ??:shock... it's so unusual for you to be up this late! :lol Nice tone Kevin.

Haha, yeah, you know me, I'm always in bed at a decent hour... for an owl. :)

what are the differences you are hearing/feeling between this cab and the mojotone cab you use on the other 112?

Generically, the Deluxe is more Fender, the Stone Age more Marshall. Deluxe is pine, Stone age is birch. Deluxe has a thin grill cloth, Stone Age has thick cane. Deluxe is smaller, Stone Age is bigger. Deluxe has a shallower depth, Deluxe has more area of the back open, thinner boards, etc. To me the Stone Age is a smaller version of my vintage Marshall 4x12.

Sorry, it's late and I have the stupids. I couldn't figure it out from the readme. Should I be selecting Min Phase or Auto trim in Cab-Lab 3.x when doing the wav to syx conversion?

In my opinion, definitely the Min Phase.

thanks for sharing these !
really like 1x12s as a recording alternative to 4x12s. maybe not quite as big, but more focus. have never played a Stone Age cab before, but it seems like a very nice, more modern alternative to the vintage vibe of the MojoTone 1x12. guess you know what's coming now... requesting more of that loaded with Celestions (Lynchback, EVH...) :) ...

Stone Age stuff is super duper nice, top shelf craftsmanship and the owner is an incredibly nice guy. If you're in the market for a nice old school Marshall style cab, I highly recommend his work!

Yup, I am looking forward to the Lynchback in that cab big time. :)

I would love to hear clips of the 4x12 OR cab Altec speaker. That's a truly legendary speaker. Highly regarded by the builder of what was my favorite, go-to amp (JCA Circuits GR 1.6, absolutely killer 1x12 grab and go combo.)

And folks, Kevin's generous discount makes it easier to experiment with the massive variety he offers.

how do you think the Silver will sound in that one? is there enough difference to even warrant doing that speaker in that cab?

Haha, yeah, you know me, I'm always in bed at a decent hour... for an owl. :)

...OwnHammer... Huh?... the, "n" must of been a typo then?? OwlHammer?? :lol
... seriously though Kevin... I really dug that tone and am looking forward to checking this library out.

Thanks very much for the freebies, I'll be sure to pick up the pack after I take these babies for a spin.

Quick question: What reverb and settings were you using for the examples on the links to the store? I love it. Perfect ambience.

I would love to hear clips of the 4x12 OR cab Altec speaker. That's a truly legendary speaker. Highly regarded by the builder of what was my favorite, go-to amp (JCA Circuits GR 1.6, absolutely killer 1x12 grab and go combo.)

And folks, Kevin's generous discount makes it easier to experiment with the massive variety he offers.

I'll be doing some better clips hopefully before too long, and when I do will add them to the 4x12 libraries for sure.

how do you think the Silver will sound in that one? is there enough difference to even warrant doing that speaker in that cab?

Over time I hope to do all the speakers in all the cabs, just trying to hit the ones I think may be in more demand first. I'm sure the Silver will sound great in the Stone Age, my guess is the closed back methodology (mics, mic placement, mix recipes, etc) will be an awesome alternative to the existing open back Deluxe methodology.

...OwnHammer... Huh?... the, "n" must of been a typo then?? OwlHammer?? :lol
... seriously though Kevin... I really dug that tone and am looking forward to checking this library out.

Maybe DC will freely allow me license to change my logo to Owlman:

1204017-owlman_by_superheroics.jpg

:lol

Thanks very much for the freebies, I'll be sure to pick up the pack after I take these babies for a spin.

Quick question: What reverb and settings were you using for the examples on the links to the store? I love it. Perfect ambience.

Very welcome. :) It was just some freebie that came with Cubase 6 called "REVerence", haven't looked it up to see if it's proprietary or a licensed 3rd party product. Just took whatever popped up first and set the wet level to 25% for the Clean, Pushed, and Overdrive clips, 10% for the Crunch clips. In the current clips on the site using the Axe-Fx, I only used an amp block and nothing more for each clip, everything else was DAW based, and quite honestly thrown together. I'm going to go back and do better clips when I have time!

This Cab is really cool!
I prefer the CL version but that's just personal preference, maybe for cleans the OP one is better though....
I highly recommend this to anyone.
It seems like a great all-round speaker/cab combo that works well for anything really.

Back
Top Bottom