FREE: ML Sound Lab Dual Recto preset + Mesa SM7B IR

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I have to align the AXE III IR quite a bit (red). The yellow one is your wav file that I brought in to cab lab then exported. The blue one is my reference IR which already lines up nicely with your ML Zilla IR (green). View attachment 53318.
Oh hey! Yes it's a completely raw IR so it's not MPT'd meaning that it's not time aligned but retains all the phase information. In my packs I actually time align the raw IR's with each other and also include the MPT versions for people that want to mix my IR's with other IR's without any phase issues. :) Didn't even think about that actually, I just shot the video in a matter of a couple of hours or so including the captures and preset making and all that. :)

Reactions: MSS
I went ahead and purchased your Silver AMP and CAB pack. Really great stuff man.

Do they translate well over a loud PA? Do you have any recommendations of an IR from the CAB pack for live use? Currently, I am really digging the Appetite MPT IR so far, using my headphones. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of testing them loud prior to a gig but am considering using your Pristine Clean and Rock Rhythm presets as my base tones.
I use the Appetite one a lot but honestly for that true Marshall sound there's nothing better than a dark 57 mic position. Try the 57-A from that pack and that really works great as well. As far as PAs are concerned, they can be very different from one another but the presets are EQ balanced as neutral as possible to ensure that they work in most use cases.

Oh hey! Yes it's a completely raw IR so it's not MPT'd meaning that it's not time aligned but retains all the phase information. In my packs I actually time align the raw IR's with each other and also include the MPT versions for people that want to mix my IR's with other IR's without any phase issues. :) Didn't even think about that actually, I just shot the video in a matter of a couple of hours or so including the captures and preset making and all that. :)
The IR sounds great BTW.

The IR sounds great BTW.
That's actually a funny thing. I've been hearing that a lot, I literally just threw the mic "somewhere" on the speaker. I do have the opinion about the SM7B that you really don't need any skill placing that mic since it'll sound pretty good no matter where you put it. :D

That's actually a funny thing. I've been hearing that a lot, I literally just threw the mic "somewhere" on the speaker. I do have the opinion about the SM7B that you really don't need any skill placing that mic since it'll sound pretty good no matter where you put it. :D

I pretty much use your zilla 2x12 and a mix of the york audio bipolar prod mix IR’s. This one, with a little tweaking (high low cut), fit nicely into one of my patches made for those. Fun stuff!

I pretty much use your zilla 2x12 and a mix of the york audio bipolar prod mix IR’s. This one, with a little tweaking (high low cut), fit nicely into one of my patches made for those. Fun stuff!
The 7B is really good for blending! :) That's awesome.

Hi Mikko,
Must say, outstanding preset (or A.M.P.) of the Recto, one of the best presets I had over the years during my Axe adventure.
Love it,
Thanks and thanks

I realize it's been a while on this thread... was looking into my various ML Sound zip files and found a note in this one that Axe-FX II "is coming". No pressure - just curious - will you release an Axe-FX II version or no ?

Back
Top Bottom