FREE ML Cab Pack 20 Preset-Cab Bundle: JMPre-1 & Brit PR75

Loaded the bundle up and love the tone. Once again you put something together so simple that sounds so good. I have a ton of IR's from Cab Packs 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 19. Looks like I will be getting 1775 more. Thanks so much for sharing.
Oh wow! Thank you so much for the nice words. Remember that you can now use a different IR every day for 3 years.

I know! I've been kind of ignoring single mics a lot when creating tones since I love the alloy IR's. I have fresh ears for the first time in like 6 months and I feel like I have a better ear for when brightness is good and when it's bad. I love the single SM57 IR's right now. :)
You know I was just thinking this same thing to myself the other day. I tend to get so caught up in all the IR's I have that I forget that many a great tone was recorded with just one single mic on a cab. I tend to like mix IRs for only a moment. I can go back and listen a day later and depending on how long my ears have rested a tone will suddenly sound to dark or to harsh to me. But I notice when I go with single mic IR's my ears tend to like them more constantly over time. I know alot of great tones have been recorded with dual mic techniques but I think alot of dual mic IR's tend to need more in a mix. such as cutting lows. I love the tone of a 57's and a 121 IR mix on it's own, but once I get it in a mix, the low end from the 121 seems to be too phat and I end up cutting out alot of what makes the 121 sound so good in the first place. Maybe it's because I am still learning, but a single 57 IR should be considered a classic IMO.

Sounds great!

However, I'm having a problem separating the cab from the preset.
When I save the preset to the AxeFX II it didn't ask for a location for the cab and the cab is still in scratchpad 1.

Anyone know how I can move the cab to User position 50?

Sounds great!

However, I'm having a problem separating the cab from the preset.
When I save the preset to the AxeFX II it didn't ask for a location for the cab and the cab is still in scratchpad 1.

Anyone know how I can move the cab to User position 50?

I am having same problem.

No problem guys! I realize there's a leap of faith in jumping into the IR world so I love giving people a safety net so to speak. :)

Will the bundle amp/cab work on an AX8? If not, would it be possible to post the separate amp (and cab for those who didn't see it here) in the AX8 preset area? I'd love to hear what you came up with.

Thanks!

free%20ML%20patch.png

That's the amp block for this preset. Very simple and straight forward. The cab block has everything off. No pre sim. No filtering. No proximity etc.

Although I didn't leave the noise gate on in this preset it's something worth mentioning. I've been experimenting with it and there are times when I feel like I'd rather not use it but I've found a really nice and unnoticable setting that I'm using a lot these days.

ML%20noise%20gate.png

With a low ratio like this I'm capable of minimizing the "threshold harshness" and making the transition really smooth although the attack and release are as fast as possible. Then I can raise the threshold as high as I want based on how hard I'm picking.

Still for most use cases I would still advice you not to use noise gate since that crackle can be one of the most annoying sounds, this is something you could play with to sound uber tight. :)

free%20ML%20patch.png

That's the amp block for this preset. Very simple and straight forward. The cab block has everything off. No pre sim. No filtering. No proximity etc.

Although I didn't leave the noise gate on in this preset it's something worth mentioning. I've been experimenting with it and there are times when I feel like I'd rather not use it but I've found a really nice and unnoticable setting that I'm using a lot these days.

ML%20noise%20gate.png

With a low ratio like this I'm capable of minimizing the "threshold harshness" and making the transition really smooth although the attack and release are as fast as possible. Then I can raise the threshold as high as I want based on how hard I'm picking.

Still for most use cases I would still advice you not to use noise gate since that crackle can be one of the most annoying sounds, this is something you could play with to sound uber tight. :)

I loaded this up tonight. Ill have to hear it tomorrow. Interesting that there's no Input Z setting on the Input Noise Gate.

Thanks!

I set up the amp in AX8 and added the cab. Sounds awesome!

I added some effects, set up some scenes and uploaded my modded patch to the AX8 Preset Exchange with a reference here. Hope that's ok!

Back
Top Bottom