• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Free Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Amp Match Preset (ML Sound Lab)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
So yes - I have a real Mark IIC+ from 1984 here at the studio and I've been posting a bunch of videos with it. This time I wanted to first of all make the Axe-Fx III sound just like the IIC+ but I also wanted to show you the detail that I put in the Amp Packs and give you a taste in the form of a preset. Here's the video:

You can listen to the comparison by skipping to 11:14 and you'll hear a long chord sustaining, palm mutes, metal rhythm playing and purr palm mute comparison between both the real IIC+ and the preset that I make in this video. I would normally get everything done within the amp block and even now I think I would've gotten closer by lowering the gain and boosting the presence up but for the sake of doing this quickly I think I got okay results.

Have fun and I'd love to hear some clips! In the video I'm using some of my new IR's but in the preset I added different stock ML IR's for you that are pretty awesome. In the Cab Block - A is USA Bulb, B is USA Djent and C is USA Trad for those more into the Petrucci sound.

Man is this preset fun to play with! Let me know how you like it. :)

Attachments

• ML 1984 IIC+.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 476
So yes - I have a real Mark IIC+ from 1984 here at the studio and I've been posting a bunch of videos with it. This time I wanted to first of all make the Axe-Fx III sound just like the IIC+ but I also wanted to show you the detail that I put in the Amp Packs and give you a taste in the form of a preset. Here's the video:

You can listen to the comparison by skipping to 11:14 and you'll hear a long chord sustaining, palm mutes, metal rhythm playing and purr palm mute comparison between both the real IIC+ and the preset that I make in this video. I would normally get everything done within the amp block and even now I think I would've gotten closer by lowering the gain and boosting the presence up but for the sake of doing this quickly I think I got okay results.

Have fun and I'd love to hear some clips! In the video I'm using some of my new IR's but in the preset I added different stock ML IR's for you that are pretty awesome. In the Cab Block - A is USA Bulb, B is USA Djent and C is USA Trad for those more into the Petrucci sound.

Man is this preset fun to play with! Let me know how you like it. :)
Thank You

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Thanks guys! Have fun with the preset. :) A proper pack is on the way. This amp has a really good clean sound as well!

R.D.

Power User
I used to own a MK IIC+ 1 x 12" combo .... Because of the small ( sometimes very small ) stages we used to play ( regrettably ) I only got to run it through a 4 x 12" a few times .... This sounds SO much like my memory of that it's almost scary !

And even though I can certainly appreciate his talent ..., I was after more of a 80's Hair Band tone - Lukather / Gillis ( etc; ) ....

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Curious if you've tried tone matching to see if it absorbed the differences you noticed in comparison?
Tone matching is great but what I really want to do is do the tweaks inside the amp block because then essentially you will have realistic control over the amp settings and sort of a "new amp model" that you can tweak further realistically. A tone match will always be a snapshot of that one tone kind of like a Kemper Profile. That's cool as well and that's essentially what I do with the Artist Packs but matching amps is all about getting that sound as close as possible by tweaking the advanced parameters. :)

bshaw92

Experienced
A tone match will always be a snapshot of that one tone kind of like a Kemper Profile.

I'm 100% with you. I was just curious if you had tried it and then compared your Axe adjusted version to the tone matched to see if there were negligible differences. An exercise in futility I know, but would be interesting at least one time none the less.

Top Bottom