Free library of 4x12 guitar cabinet - Kalthallen Cabs

It wasn't an RAR issue... it was a "page does not fully load" issue... I initally tried it from work and we are running VIPRE and that sucker catches just about everything. It downloaded just fine at home... Thanks again!

So far I am liking these in my Ultra better than the redwirez. My main problem with the redwirez is when the mics move from dustcap to edge, the jumps are too big. Everytime I'm messing around with the reds, I am always saying man, I wish there was an "inbetween" This Kalthallen collection has a lot of "little moves" Anyone else agree/disagree?

So far I am liking these in my Ultra better than the redwirez. My main problem with the redwirez is when the mics move from dustcap to edge, the jumps are too big. Everytime I'm messing around with the reds, I am always saying man, I wish there was an "inbetween" This Kalthallen collection has a lot of "little moves" Anyone else agree/disagree?

I am also not a fan of this visual mic position findings in some libraries. Thats why I choose my mic positions by actually having a signal running through the cab. Then I moved it as long as it sounded good with the source I had at the moment.
That's why I also never have center at dustcap position with vintage 30's, because it always sounds phasey. Its different with the g12t-75.

Glad a lot of you seem to like my files so far. I got a lot of great feedback so far in the different forums I posted it.

YEAAAH SKALDIR!
Welcome to the Axe Forum! Even though you don't have an axe...
But you can use mine from time to time... ;)

Hi guys,

just registered new here, because I was told to do so. :)
I just released a library of IRs, Nebula programs and since yesterday also an Axe and Axe II version of the impulse responses.
Since I don't own an Axe-Fx, I hope everything works as it should :)

Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs

I saw there was already a thread about me in this forum. It was in the time I developed the best possible Nebula method to make a cab as realistic as possible.
This library is the result, kinda.

If you're interested,I made a shootout between Real mic'ed cab, Nebula and IR.
3rdShootout - Minus.com

here are the results: (select to read them ;) )
A - Nebula with saturation captured at 44.1 kHz
B - Impulse 44.1 kHz
C - Impulse 96 kHz
D - Mic
E - Nebula in 96 kHz without capturing saturation, just like an impulse but with dynamics

I couldn't hear a difference between them. I guess that's good :)

The only way I could detect a difference was to put them in reaper and do a A/B test back and forth looped over the guitar only part. Even there its a very small difference. I A/Be'd (not blindly) mic vs Normal IR and the differences are minimal, Good job!

OH MY F ING GOSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... these to me hit me immediately where I want them. I am a heavy gain player, I decided to drop some of these in my modded mark day presets and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, instant chugging shred. wow; no joke these were like new amp sims in what they did. I have ownh. and redwirez and both seem so off in many of my trials, boomy fuzzy phasery but these just nailed the sound IM after.

so thanks again, and wow, free and awesome you are THE NEW MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beggers and over spenders as I am both cant be choosers but dare I ask, are you working on more? Just curious is there something special u do different then oh, rw? dont get me wrong, those are excellent on the built in models, just seems the ones I bought need bunch of tweeking. Are you modelling a power amp in there as well or something?:p:p:p:p:

I downloaded then too ,and am getting some great tone ,a few of my go to ir's Thanks Man!!!!

Great that you guys dig it aswell. I got much great feedback so far also from other forums and also from one of my personal favourite producers!
I must have done something right :)
If you can, please donate a few bucks. There is a donate button at the end of the page
Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs
My power tubes are worn out after all these sine sweeps and I need new ones to make more IRs :D

Hi!
Thanks for this. I am downloading the Cabs IR from your website,do I also download the Axe FxII.rar ? are those specifically for the Axe FxII? I am about to ger my Axe FxII and and I need to learn how to insert new IRs and stuff. Had an ultra but it's sold now,didn't try placing new IRs in it.
Any help would be appreciated.

RAR is a file compression format. Like ZIP. You need a decompression utility. WinRAR works well on Windows machines.

Back
Top Bottom