Free John Petrucci Presets for Axe-Fx II and AX8

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Hey girls and dudes! I got some feedback that the Preset-Cab Bundles I created for the UltraRes 2.0 version of Cab Pack 7 didn't load on the AX8 so I decided I'd share all those presets for free. Obviously you need the pack for the IR's but other than that you should be good to go with these settings. Here's a clip of me using these presets on an 8-string Jackson with Bare Knuckle Juggernauts in it.

Not all amps used on the songs/albums have been confirmed but I really tweaked these presets to work with many different guitars this time and not just the EBMM JP6 like I did last time. The presets are:

ML Cause Of All Evil based on "Dream Theater - Root Of All Evil (Song)"
ML Chaotic Arrangements based on "Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Album)"
ML Charge Of Panic based on "Dream Theater - Panic Attack (Song)"
ML Chocolate Cake based on "Dream Theater - On The Backs Of Angels (Song)"
ML Chops Of Life based on "John Petrucci - Jaws Of Life (Song)"
ML Control based on "John Petrucci - Damage Control (Song)"

Have fun! :)

ML%20Cause%20Of%20All%20Evil.png

ML%20Chaotic%20Arrangements.png

ML%20Charge%20Of%20Panic.png

ML%20Chocolate%20Cake.png

ML%20Chops%20Of%20Life.png

ML%20Control.png

Do these use particular IRs or are they to showcase any one in the cab pack?
The Cab Pack features a folder name "Presets" which includes the IR's with the same names as these presets so those should be used with the presets with default cab block settings. :)

Miko, question for ya about these presets. I loaded them up and on my MFC I forgot I had my x/y amp switch programmed on there so I hit it for the heck of it and some of these switched over to a USA lead amp or just a slightly loader version of the X amp. Is that just some alternate sound you were dialing in for each preset or am I tripping lol?

Miko, question for ya about these presets. I loaded them up and on my MFC I forgot I had my x/y amp switch programmed on there so I hit it for the heck of it and some of these switched over to a USA lead amp or just a slightly loader version of the X amp. Is that just some alternate sound you were dialing in for each preset or am I tripping lol?
Yeah I A/B'd different amps and settings to see which amp got me closest. :) If it sounds good feel free to use the Y amp aswell. ;)

Very cool! The Y amps sounded just as good if not better in those presets, figured I'd ask if they were put there on purpose or not. Almost all of them were higher in volume when I switched so I'll have to go back to level them out. My ears could be tricking me on which actually sounded better.

Very cool! The Y amps sounded just as good if not better in those presets, figured I'd ask if they were put there on purpose or not. Almost all of them were higher in volume when I switched so I'll have to go back to level them out. My ears could be tricking me on which actually sounded better.
Well if it sounds better then it sounds better. Trust your ears! :)

Cool stuff Mikko. That's some quite heavy post-EQ on the Recto amps! Is that just to adjust for different guitars?

Interestingly, the big bearded bear himself said in the JP2C manual that the intro to Jaws of Life was a IIC+! I always thought it was a Road King.

OMG I just programmed these into my Axe FX and WOOOOOW!!!

They are all dry so I still have some work to do on them, but the blank canvas sounds AMAZING. I used the IR "Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind" from way back and the sound is heaven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom