Free John Petrucci Presets for Axe-Fx II and AX8

I figured it out!

Mesa1 is the last preset and I went up from there. Mesa 2 is the second to last, etc.

One thing is please adjust volume as per your rig. I've already tweaked it to work best with the output on my personal rig. I took about 2 hours of messing around to get them all to not clip when I was chugging palm muted.

Don't forget, I also used the "Clark Kent's..." IR so if you don't have it, you will need to input your own IR. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• 301_Mesa1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 302_Mesa2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 303_Mesa3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 304_Mesa4.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 305_Mesa5.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 306_Mesa6.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Haha! PNG to .syx converter!! No need for that anymore. FracTool wasn't out when these were created. :) I see more and more people bringing up these old IR's I made years ago. F.ex. I had a chuckle with Nolly since he was using "Clark Kent's Perfect IR" in the Creative Live Studio Pass Periphery production videos. Let's just say promoting that I used to be called "Clark Kent" has different reactions in different circles. The internet is a tough crowd for sure. :D

A couple of question of you will, please.

I would like to get a bit more treble, or maybe call it "grit" in the ML Control preset. How would I achieve that?

Also, any advice on a pedal just to boost the signal? And what settings you would recommend for it? I only have one volume type pedal and use it for the Wah effect, so would like something that won't color the tone, but just make it louder.

Thanks for any help!

Honestly this all depends on many things. If there was a simple solution our lives would be so much easier right? :) Petrucci isn't known for using boosts with his amps so I'd try raising the input trim first. Raising that should give you some clean boost. ML Control is still probably one of the brightest sounds out of these but sometimes I feel like the original has some mic pre grain on it. Maybe try the mic pre sims in the cab block?

Honestly this all depends on many things. If there was a simple solution our lives would be so much easier right? :) Petrucci isn't known for using boosts with his amps so I'd try raising the input trim first. Raising that should give you some clean boost. ML Control is still probably one of the brightest sounds out of these but sometimes I feel like the original has some mic pre grain on it. Maybe try the mic pre sims in the cab block?

I was able to really manipulated that preset exactly as I wanted and added a bit of analog delay to it! Is it okay if I post the preset here for people to try?

I figured it out!

Mesa1 is the last preset and I went up from there. Mesa 2 is the second to last, etc.

One thing is please adjust volume as per your rig. I've already tweaked it to work best with the output on my personal rig. I took about 2 hours of messing around to get them all to not clip when I was chugging palm muted.

Don't forget, I also used the "Clark Kent's..." IR so if you don't have it, you will need to input your own IR. Enjoy!!

Ron sorry for waking up a "dead post". I would like to know if this presets are for the AX8?

Thanks in advance

Hey girls and dudes! I got some feedback that the Preset-Cab Bundles I created for the UltraRes 2.0 version of Cab Pack 7 didn't load on the AX8 so I decided I'd share all those presets for free. Obviously you need the pack for the IR's but other than that you should be good to go with these settings. Here's a clip of me using these presets on an 8-string Jackson with Bare Knuckle Juggernauts in it.

Not all amps used on the songs/albums have been confirmed but I really tweaked these presets to work with many different guitars this time and not just the EBMM JP6 like I did last time. The presets are:

ML Cause Of All Evil based on "Dream Theater - Root Of All Evil (Song)"
ML Chaotic Arrangements based on "Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Album)"
ML Charge Of Panic based on "Dream Theater - Panic Attack (Song)"
ML Chocolate Cake based on "Dream Theater - On The Backs Of Angels (Song)"
ML Chops Of Life based on "John Petrucci - Jaws Of Life (Song)"
ML Control based on "John Petrucci - Damage Control (Song)"

Have fun! :)

ML%20Cause%20Of%20All%20Evil.png

ML%20Chaotic%20Arrangements.png

ML%20Charge%20Of%20Panic.png

ML%20Chocolate%20Cake.png

ML%20Chops%20Of%20Life.png