Free IRs in Celebration of the 80th Birthday of Frank Zappa

Thanks a lot Matt & Dweezil. (stupid question maybe but could someone explain the terms s1 d, s4 E, s1 B and s1 D in the cab names ?)

Thanks DZ and Matt and happy birthday uncle Frank, thanks for to inspire me everyday to think out of the schemes...

Thank you.
This is such a fine gesture.
Loved your father - a truly gifted mind and great artistry.

This made my day. I can't thank you guys enough and especially Dweezil for the incredible job he does keeping Frank's music alive. I can't wait to try these out.

This is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing … I was working on Watermelon in Easter Hay earlier today (using a FracTool translation of iaresee’s patch) so this feels like some serious synchronicity … gawd bless us, every one!

Interesting to note that the article references a slightly different speaker model:
To add extra confusion, the Read Me file in the zip says:

4x12 Brit FZ - a Red fabric covered 1970s Marshall cab.
4x12 VSB FZ - a Red fabric covered 1970s Vox Super Beatle.
All Speakers in both cabs were replaced by Frank Zappa with JBLs (model unknonwn).
Mics used were a vintage white Sennheiser 421, a Neuman U67 formerly owned by Freddie Mercury, and an AKG C12 formerly owned by Neil Young.
The mics were processed using the 1968 "Rolling Stones Mobile Recording Studio", famously used to record albums including Led Zeppelin III, IV, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffitti, as well as Machine Head by Deep Purple, Sticky Fingers by the Rolling Stones, Who's Next by The Who, and many others.
The cabs were captured by Dweezil Zappa and Matt Picone.
All equipment in this session was used courtesy of EMEAPP (https://emeapp.org)

Back
Top Bottom