Free IRs in Celebration of the 80th Birthday of Frank Zappa

Hi Joe,
Can't download. Could you attach the preset to a post. I'd like to give it a go.

edit: nevermind,got it. Tx!

Harm

Last edited:
Preset using the Brit FZ 421 s1 D and Brit FZ 421 s4 E with a 50W Jumped Plexi. Spent a lot of time since yesterday afternoon on this amp and speaker IR combo. Added a few of my usual suspects to round it out to a 'kitchen sink' style preset with a few effects I frequently use added. You'll have to load the IRs where ever you have space and tweak the IR locations if you don't have User1/260 and User1/261 open....
CLICK HERE (Right-click and save as)
Addendum: you could probably do a whole classic rock gig with just this amp/cab and the drive block, with the couple FX scenes for a bit of extra flavor.

It really likes my SG Special with the DiMarzio Virtual P90 and P90-sized Super Distortion, and '50s wiring (easy peasy mod).
Just play with the volumes and toggle switch to get the cleans going OLD SCHOOL....

Ooh, it sounds great with the MkIV also, with a bit of bass trimming in the amp....

PRESET (right-click and save as)

Pedal External #4 does the amp sound change, from clean to edge-of-breakup (Strat/Tele) for rhythm and on further to lead.
Scene 1: Dry
Scene 2: Leslie
Scene 3: Chorus w/Flange fading in on note decay

Only uses 27 modifiers. :)

Last edited:
This is fantastic....thanks to everyone involved for these IR's....:cool:. Am looking forward to trying them out later today...!

I can't unzip the file on my mac, a new tab briefly opens and then closes down.
Anyone else had any issues with downloading?

You have to use a vintage version of the archiver from no later than 1980, or tone will be ruined.🤣 Preferably the one used by Freddie Mercury.

Rolling Stones Mobile Studio featured quite a bit in the Apple TV+ Series "1971 - The Year Music Changed Everything"

I can't believe that the studio ended up at the National Music Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada...I'd have thought a historical musical treasure like this would have made it to a much larger city/museum but very cool at any rate. If I ever find myself in Calgary I'm definitely going to have a look.

I can't believe that the studio ended up at the National Music Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada...I'd have thought a historical musical treasure like this would have made it to a much larger city/museum but very cool at any rate. If I ever find myself in Calgary I'm definitely going to have a look.

The rock and roll hall of fame is in Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom