Free IR's and Presets- Fat Head/57 and GB's/V30's

Axe-Master
Hi all,
Here's my first attempt at shooting some IR's of my favourite cabs and mics; a Marshall 412 with greenbacks, a Mesa 212 with V30's and a Cascade Fat head and Shure SM57. There's 7 IR's attached here and I've built two presets (Plexi and C++) around them. The Fat Head is a ribbon mic and is considerably darker and more low heavy than the 57; low/high cut at 100/8000 works for me with the Fat Head and 80/6500 is a good starting point for the 57.

Gear Used
Marshall 412 TV with Greenbacks
Mesa Compact Recto 212 with V30's
Matrix GT800FX
Cascade Fat Head
SM57
JLM BA4 Mic Pre
FuzzMeasure 2 for IR processing

I tried my best to isolate the cabs as much as possible, using Tontine padding on the floor and to surround the cabs. I'd love some feedback and any tips you guys would care to share as I'm totally new to this process; I plan on refining my methods and shooting more cab/mic combos and sharing them in the future.

I'm an AX8/Mac user so I don't have the luxury of the Axe-II/Cab Lab IR capture facilities, or Voxengo's DeConvolve, so this took a while to figure out.

Here's a short clip, download link to the preset bundles in the video description.

Enjoy

Attachments

• U046_LT 412 MAR GB FH 1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 199
  • U047_LT 412 MAR GB FH 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 181
  • U048_LT 412 MAR GB 57 1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 186
  • U049_LT 412 MAR GB 57 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 185
  • U050_LT 412 MAR GB Mix1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 187
  • U051_LT 212 MESA COMPACT 57.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 191
  • U052_LT 212 MESA COMPACT FH.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Thanks guys. The Fat Head IR's are really dark and play well with amps with overly bright bright switches like the Plexi's and Friedman's; you can enable the bright to get more front end drive and grind without it being ice picky.

That cab punches well above it's size, paired with an SM57 it cuts beautifully in a mix.

This can be the most balanced IR I've ever tried.

Here is a small recording on which the Mark IV Brt+ and this IR is used. Comments are welcome, negative ones are much more welcome, since I suck at creating good tones :)

Sound good as always Leon...I really can offer no critical feedback (away from my monitors O.O.T.)....Can't wait to try them with the presets you shared with everyone.
Thank you for being so generous with your talents and hard work...

I really appreciate your hard work, very nice tones and for free. That´s something that many doesn´t do and it shows great community spirit from you! So thank you!
Maybe we can do something for you if we could make small donations for you? Is there any place for this?

I really appreciate your hard work, very nice tones and for free. That´s something that many doesn´t do and it shows great community spirit from you! So thank you!
Maybe we can do something for you if we could make small donations for you? Is there any place for this?

It's my pleasure, really, and I get a lot of it the great community here so it's my way of giving back. I make music for a living so if you're inclined to, pick up a CD or a download (link to band in my sig).

Back
Top Bottom