Free HJ 4x12 RCA Cab Pack

That is a great live version of SOTL by RT, but for me , the original studio version is one of the most powerful slices of vinyl (yes I’m old) ever recorded..sends shivers of delicious dread just thinking of it.....
Funny, when I first posted that I posted the album version but then decided to swap it out for the live version. I 100% agree that the album version, on scratchy vinyl, is perfect music. It works so well in that medium it's a little scary.

have you ever heard the excellent Los Lobos cover?..here.

I haven't! I'll check it out today when I get a quiet moment.

thanks for the preset, did you build it with your SilverSky? (..coincidenally, your recommended RESLO cabs were only two slots off from where I had already installed them )
100% built for the Silver Sky. That guitar has supplanted my other two Strat-like guitars (my super old Schecter and my Ed O'Brien). It's a perfect Strat, for me.

Dude! Your preset ROCKS! Never cared much for the Hiwatt and usually don't use other people's presets, except for Admin Matt as they're great learning tools but I love this one! Only thing I tweaked was envelop threshold for scene 4 which BTW is freakin cool for a trippy version of the Beatles Day Tripper, lol. Great job and thanks for sharing!
As a long time contributor I have to say: getting positive messages (or really any messages at all) when you post presets is incredibly nice. It's the joy that comes from sharing sounds and discovering with everyone on this forum that makes it all worth the while. I'm super happy you like it. The surrounding blocks around the AMP-CAB pair are my "kitchen sink" blocks.

Funny, when I first posted that I posted the album version but then decided to swap it out for the live version. I 100% agree that the album version, on scratchy vinyl, is perfect music. It works so well in that medium it's a little scary.

I haven't! I'll check it out today when I get a quiet moment.

100% built for the Silver Sky. That guitar has supplanted my other two Strat-like guitars (my super old Schecter and my Ed O'Brien). It's a perfect Strat, for me.
yup the SS gets better each day as does magic III box.....
I'm lucky to live in a hood that has numerous vinyl shops in walking distance ....I am rebuying some of my fave sides for my new turntable... going to find that album now... now! (just found out RT is doing a four-night stand up here in Evanston at Space the end of this month(decade..!)

Big grin here .... dialled in the Deluxe Verb with the Reslo 1 and Reslo 2 cabs in stereo with a big symphony hall reverb.

Sounds awesome ! I turned the gain down on the amp block to about 2,2, Cathode Follower Compression at 25%, Grid Bias 0.7 and the FAS Boost drive block in the front with drive at 1.8.

Thanks again :)

Guys, I know this might sound rudimentary, but Idc

I loaded this up on a blank slate, threw up a template, and added the cab (yes, i also used axe edit to add the cabs to the library)

So, When i add this cab, [i am not good at presets, please recall, I BOUGHT mine], i noticed a few options:
1x12”
1x8” pignose
2x12”
4x12” etc......

Ofc, I realize what those are, but here’s my question. With the cab block, you have those 4 initial rows right
Why are there 4? And are you supposed to assign all 4 cabs with the same mic?
beause naturally I tried it, with different settings, and all came out different sounds

However, my question isnt like (oh HOW do you do it, or what is an ideal amp etc ), WHY/WHAT are the 4 options there for? And can you just select ONE of the 4?

AND THANK YOU AGAIN CLIFF AND FAS for the hanukkah gift of these cabs!

[Remember, if this is TOO basic, and rudimentary for YOUR help, that isnt an invitation to shame me, you can ignore it]

Thank you Admin M@

(OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Right!, I forgot about that completely, Then the question remains, how do you know only ONE is selected. I can’t decipher that from the Axe Edit...

I guess thast what I’m asking, how do you know if you have the first and only selected, or The rest??? THAT is excatly what I was asking, to be specific..... I missed it somewhere.....illl go over the cooper class again!! Thank you for pointing me in right direction

but at least now i understand it better, because i knew where to Look

thanks again man)

Last edited:
Thank you Admin M@

(OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Right!, I forgot about that completely, Then the question remains, how do you know only ONE is selected. I can’t decipher that from the Axe Edit...

I guess thast what I’m asking, how do you know if you have the first and only selected, or The rest??? THAT is excatly what I was asking, to be specific..... I missed it somewhere.....illl go over the cooper class again!! Thank you for pointing me in right direction

but at least now i understand it better, because i knew where to Look

thanks again man)
If I understand your question correctly, I think the answer you are looking for is on page 67...mute, solo

Attachments

• CABS.png
    CABS.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 32
Love the 4x12 HJ RCA 57 A-C IRs. Using with Burgs' Treble Booster preset he uploaded recently and my Frankensrat with the Andy Timmon's PuP set.
Sounds incredible. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Thanks for these FAS

other day my buddy was all bragging to me that his headrush got an update and now there are 44 amps... lol.
I almost died :tearsofjoy:

In all fairness that's a lot more than other companies in the past, so the industry is definitely advancing, which is great!

I remember a few years ago there was a product boasting 11 whole amps in a rack space....

Back
Top Bottom