Free HJ 4x12 RCA Cab Pack

Wow. These hit the spot this morning. I was listening to Richard Thompson's Shoot out the Lights and itching to play along. I dialed up some Hipower Brilliant amp settings with the RESLO 1 and RESLO 2 IRs panned a little left and right and BOOM there was that raspy, edge-of-break-up jangle!

Preset is here: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7500

RELSO 1 and RESLO 2 need to be User Bank 1, slots 120 and 121 respectively for that prese to make any sound.

Use a Strat.

Last edited:
Thanks, thats what Ive ended up doing - just seems weird to have to fix the issue when flipping the waveform would have alleviated the issue forever.
Cliff explained the intended use... I don't think this is "an issue" but rather intended.

Thanks Cliff, you spoil us rotten - much appreciated !!

The universe aligns these days, I love HiWatts and Fanes and I just got a new black maple necked strat, black pick guard and "Gilmour-rized" with the same PU-set as Mr G uses - gonna get my Gilmour on and see if I can find out which one is Pink.......

Let us know how it goes, please. I've spent a while trying to clone the simple tone of "Echoes" intro, without success. (CS Fat'50 neck)

An IR is a capture of an impulse response, typically a speaker cabinet.

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Impulse_responses_(IR)
Thank you
What I dont understand is in the block, why it isnt saying Rect or mesa
it says Dyn21
Does this mean i somehow reassigned the cab in the block?
or does the name have nothing to do with it?

Sorry @Hellbat, if I saw your reply, i would’ve thanked you, i didnt see/the alert,reply to me
THANKS MAN

Also @Joe Bfstplk thanks man, you da man.....i wanted to say, is the dyn21 is the mic used to capture the cab, but is the IR like the “kemper profile”?? Thats what it sounds like, i wouldve asked @Jason Scott (STFU) but since he thinks hes a (wise)ass id rather ask other people

Last edited:
Thank you
What I dont understand is in the block, why it isnt saying Rect or mesa
it says Dyn21
Does this mean i somehow reassigned the cab in the block?
or does the name have nothing to do with it?

Sorry @Hellbat, if I saw your reply, i would’ve thanked you, i didnt see/the alert,reply to me
THANKS MAN

Also @Joe Bfstplk thanks man, you da man.....i wanted to say, is the dyn21 is the mic used to capture the cab, but is the IR like the “kemper profile”?? Thats what it sounds like, i wouldve asked @Jason Scott (STFU) but since he thinks hes a (wise)ass id rather ask other people
Where are you seeing "Dyn21"? In the cab block the name(s) of the IRs are displayed. A typical name is:
4x12 Brit GB 57 A
indicating a 4x12 Marshall cab with Greenback speakers captured with an SM57.

You're using User Cabs. You need to refer to the documentation from the vendor who supplied the IRs. My guess is that USA 1 - Dyn421 is a Boogie cab (non-Rectifier) captured with a Sennheiser MD421 mic.

I suggest you spend a little time reading the manual section about the Cabinet block.

I don't think I'm a wise ass nor above tough love. I make a concerted effort to help members when I can, but you didn't even bother searching the forum, reading the manual or consulting Google prior to asking, which is par for the course around here.
I still dont understand WHY the cab says USA and its a RECTO........ok?
What I was referring to is Dyn421 in the second section
And yeah, I could read and read and read.....but this incongruous matchup is confusing to me since its MY axe, and the preset says “Recto Orange Modern II” and i have no idea why USA is assigned

You guys are acting like I made this shit? Or made this shit up? the screenshot is clear: USA.....therefore, I was confused,so I asked....what does my specifc preset/block question ruffle up your feathers to give me tough love? I mean if you love me than i take it all back, but i mean, come on....its pretty obvious mesa Recto orange and USA dont look kosher....

Maybe what I’m asking subconsciously is, DID I DO something that I may have been unaware of when loading the preset? IOW, could I have somehow reassigned the Cab with the picker and it saved???

And in the end, if this is just unimportant, just ignore it man, like no reason to try to make me feel stupid Because I’m confused

PS I took coopers class , so your ALL WRONG, including you Fractal....but thank you for replying nonetheless, i dont like presumptuous posts apparently

I still dont understand WHY the cab says USA and its a RECTO........ok?
What I was referring to is Dyn421 in the second section
And yeah, I could read and read and read.....but this incongruous matchup is confusing to me since its MY axe, and the preset says “Recto Orange Modern II” and i have no idea why USA is assigned

You guys are acting like I made this shit? Or made this shit up? the screenshot is clear: USA.....therefore, I was confused,so I asked....what does my specifc preset/block question ruffle up your feathers to give me tough love? I mean if you love me than i take it all back, but i mean, come on....its pretty obvious mesa Recto orange and USA dont look kosher....

Maybe what I’m asking subconsciously is, DID I DO something that I may have been unaware of when loading the preset? IOW, could I have somehow reassigned the Cab with the picker and it saved???

And in the end, if this is just unimportant, just ignore it man, like no reason to try to make me feel stupid Because I’m confused

PS I took coopers class , so your ALL WRONG, including you Fractal....but thank you for replying nonetheless, i dont like presumptuous posts apparently

The reason you likely won't get a solid answer to the above questions here is because that preset and those IR's don't come stock with the Axe. They're custom made. Your best bet would be to ask the person or vendor who you acquired them from, because different vendors use different naming conventions. Incidentally, where are they from? Did the IR's come with the preset?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom