Free FullRes Room IRs

Which single mic would you choose mostly? Thank you so much for the IRs, I don’t see myself using a cab without these anymore :)
Just use whatever primary IR you like for your tone. I tend to use Mixes, a 57, 58, or SM7 for my primary IR, then just bring up the rooms until they feel good.

You should be able to add these room captures to any of your existing presets and they should sound pretty good.

With all of the excitement around FullRes, I wanted to take some stereo room captures from several cabs for you guys to play with. These should cover the basic amp "food groups" for now. Let me know what you think, and have fun!

Cabs included:
YA 4x12 Brit Greenback - Based on a Marshall Checkerboard 4x12 loaded with 25w Greenbacks
YA 2x12 Class-A 30w - Based on a Vox AC30 loaded with Alnico Blues
YA 4x12 Recto - Based on a Mesa Oversized 4x12 loaded with Vintage 30s
YA 2x10 Vibrato Lux - Based on a Fender Vibrolux loaded with Jensen P10R

Enjoy!

Justin. You're a national treasure. If you're through Denver soon write your ticket for dinner. I'll send the girls after you if you don't.

I stuck them all into a single preset with some matching amps and primary cabs so I could mess around a bit. I could export a bundle, but I don't want to go re-sharing others' stuff, so you'll have to load up the IRs yourself. Here's the pattern I used, always in slots 3&4, with 3 panned left and 4 panned right.

Chan A: Class-A L/R
Chan B: Brit Greenback
Chan C: 4x12 Recto
Chan D: Vibrato Lux

Not too happy with the Marshall, but it's 1am here and my scotch glass is empty. I just tuned these enough to sound decent, see what you think turning the FullRes slots on and off, or changing the levels.

I think they're pretty great, so thanks to York Audio for sharing!

Edited: Scene 2 is only the Diezel pulled out of my Adam Jones attempts, I may post the whole thing with both amps at some point :)

Attachments

• FullRes Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
Here is my settings with these FullRes IRs, e.g.
1. Panning left right 100%
2. Both level = -10db

It shounds pretty natural, but with my not so complex preset, the CPU is hitting 80% (red area):
1633153451475.png

With all of the excitement around FullRes, I wanted to take some stereo room captures from several cabs for you guys to play with. These should cover the basic amp "food groups" for now. Let me know what you think, and have fun!

Cabs included:
YA 4x12 Brit Greenback - Based on a Marshall Checkerboard 4x12 loaded with 25w Greenbacks

Enjoy!

You absolute legend, thanks man!

This is my favourite jamming preset at the moment - I put the FullRes IRs in their own cab block, so it would be super easy to turn them on/off.

In headphones - I ended up liking them a bit loud in the IR mix. Even with the reverb at the end, they make a positive differnce.
YAFullRes.png

FW17.00

I decided to add the YA Recto Room FullRes cabs to a quick preset I made a few days ago. It'd been a minute since I played through this preset, and I only played after adding your FR cabs. On a whim I disabled the FR IRs, just for a comparison. Wow. It is kicking my butt! Oh, I had my York 5153 412 VH20 Mix 01 along with a 4x10 Super Reverb R121 A as the regular IRs in one Cab Block, and the FR IRs in a second Cab Block.

I made a short recording with my Ibanez using the neck pickup, and the volume pot 50%-75% or so. I started playing with the FullRes Cab Block disabled, and toggled between that and my second Scene, where the Cab Block with the FullRes was engaged and in series with the other Cab Block. I think its fairly easy to hear the difference between the two, as I toggle back and forth. Late night playing after a medical procedure doesn't necessarily equal the best of playing (and it didn't haha). Mainly just wanted to give a small comparison. Please be kind. ;)

Thanks once more Justin!
Lee

Edit: As it was so late when I was typing my post, I omitted thanking @Smittefar for mentioning his using a separate cab block for the FullRes IRs. Makes it super simple for quick comparisons.

Last edited:

Cabs included:

Enjoy!

Hey Justin

I really enjoy these. Do you have cab packs with the same cabs? I will buy these straight away

Will these work in an Axe FX II XL+ ? I tried to use them but to no avail. is there any way to convert them or get the wav file to import with cab lab ?

Last edited:
Hey Justin

I really enjoy these. Do you have cab packs with the same cabs? I will buy these straight away
Thanks! I’m really glad you’re enjoying them. And yes, if you want any corresponding cabs for the FullRes files I posted, they’re all at www.yorkaudio.co if you want to check them out. Here’s what they are:

MRSH 412 M25 - Brit 4x12 Greenback
MES 412 OS-V2 - Recto 4x12
VX30 212 Blue - Class-A 30w 2x12
VLUX 210 P10R - Vibrato Lux 210

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Will these work in an Axe FX II XL+ ? I tried to use them but to no avail. is there any way to convert them or get the wav file to import with cab lab ?
Unfortunately, I don’t believe they will. I think the Axe-Fx III units are the only ones capable of utilizing FullRes files.

Will these be available in WAV format once CabLab is updated to support FullRes? Pretty please with sugar on top? These Recto IRs are absolutely to die for.

I finally had a bit of time to try these IRs and they definitely kick ass, and not only for headphones playing.. mixing them with some close-mic IRs made make a leap to my zeppelin presets.

A couple questions:
What kind of mic placement did you use to capture those? ORTF, XY, AB?
And how far were the mics from the cab?

Asking cuz I wanna try to shoot some fullres room captures of my cabs and also gonna try to make some "true-stereo" binaural IRs

Will these be available in WAV format once CabLab is updated to support FullRes? Pretty please with sugar on top? These Recto IRs are absolutely to die for.
Once Cab Lab is updated for FullRes, I can provide the .ir files for that. I’m not sure about releasing them in .wav format quite yet.

I finally had a bit of time to try these IRs and they definitely kick ass, and not only for headphones playing.. mixing them with some close-mic IRs made make a leap to my zeppelin presets.

A couple questions:
What kind of mic placement did you use to capture those? ORTF, XY, AB?
And how far were the mics from the cab?

Asking cuz I wanna try to shoot some fullres room captures of my cabs and also gonna try to make some "true-stereo" binaural IRs
I’m really glad that you’re enjoying them. If you want to make your own, I’d say just walk around the room while playing. When you find a good spot, set up your mic and record it to hear what the IR would sound like. If you dig it, shoot the IR. You can also try several different mics to see which one picks up the character you want to hear.

I made all of these quickly one morning just to see how they’d work, so I’ll probably do some more experimenting to see if I can make them better moving forward.

Making IRs is all about trial and error. Your ears will tell you when they hear what they want to hear. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom