Free FullRes Room IRs

I’m really glad that you’re enjoying them. If you want to make your own, I’d say just walk around the room while playing. When you find a good spot, set up your mic and record it to hear what the IR would sound like. If you dig it, shoot the IR. You can also try several different mics to see which one picks up the character you want to hear.
Yeah that's probably the way that makes more sense, more empiricism and less theory 😄

Good luck!
Thanks!

Here's a recording with my bloody injured fingers, this short clip was enough to ruin my stumpy nubs for the rest of week, but it was still fun. Playing is torture at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvqifo382222sc1/stoner fuzz .mp3?dl=0

Ahem, at this point I'm afraid to ask but is the Axe Edit "Manage Cab"s -page supposed to see these files? The browser view is empty when I look at a folder that contains these. These are in the firmware already, yes I know, but still.

Last edited:
Here's a recording with my bloody injured fingers, this short clip was enough to ruin my stumpy nubs for the rest of week, but it was still fun. Playing is torture at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvqifo382222sc1/stoner fuzz .mp3?dl=0

Ahem, at this point I'm afraid to ask but is the Axe Edit "Manage Cab"s -page supposed to see these files? The browser view is empty when I look at a folder that contains these. These are in the firmware already, yes I know, but still.
Did you refresh after firmware update?

The "Manage cabs" page is not affected, the "browser" on the left hand side doesn't see the files as user cab files. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway since I have a mark1 and can only use them on scratchpads.

With all of the excitement around FullRes, I wanted to take some stereo room captures from several cabs for you guys to play with. These should cover the basic amp "food groups" for now. Let me know what you think, and have fun!

Cabs included:
YA 4x12 Brit Greenback - Based on a Marshall Checkerboard 4x12 loaded with 25w Greenbacks
YA 2x12 Class-A 30w - Based on a Vox AC30 loaded with Alnico Blues
YA 4x12 Recto - Based on a Mesa Oversized 4x12 loaded with Vintage 30s
YA 2x10 Vibrato Lux - Based on a Fender Vibrolux loaded with Jensen P10R

Enjoy!
So if you've updated to the latest 17.01 beta, these are already in there?

Yes they are there, but for future reference and other files, is "Manage Cabs" not supposed to recognize this file format at all?

Edit: yes, it's a work in progress. Information regarding this topic is pretty scattered for a (currently) non-hardcore forumite person with kids and no time. 😁

Last edited:
So if you've updated to the latest 17.01 beta, these are already in there?
Yes, I think they’re at the end of the Legacy Cabs list, so you can find them there and load them into cab slots 3 and 4. Pick a primary IR for slot 1, mute slot 2, and set the FullRes IRs in 3 and 4 around -12dB panned hard left and right as a starting point. You can bring those volume levels up or down depending on how much of the room effect you want.

Back
Top Bottom