*FREE* Far-Field Session #2 Cab Pack

Total newb questio here but... Just got my Axe FX III a couple of weeks ago. Do I just download the zip, extract, and load it with the Bot?

PS...

Do I need to purchase session 1 to use these?

Thanks!
You can extract the zip and then drag the folder onto the left sidebar in the 'manage cabs' window to load it, and then you can either just load them all, or audition them and load the ones you like.

I am AFK on my phone, so I can't verify the steps exactly. Someone else willl hopefully fill in the how-to on the cab auditioning process.

We are pleased to share the results of our second far-field IR capture session. These far-field IRs have at least 20 ms of reflection-free data. Those marked with "B" have roughly 30 ms. The number at the end of the IR name indicates the angle of the cab with respect to the microphone axis.

It is recommended to set the IR length parameter in the Cabinet block to 1024 when using these IRs, although MAX can be used at your discretion.

Based on the feedback of trusted listeners we think you'll agree that these are some of the best far-field IRs available today.

Staff picks are included in a folder named "Favorites".

Be sure to read and adhere to the included End User License Agreement (EULA). These files are available only in .syx format.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/Far_Field_Session_2.zip
Are these pre-installed in FW 11.xx ?

Is it possible to load these into Cab-Lab? I've got plugin, version 3.3.2. Whenever I try to load one of these IRs this error appears:
"The following file(s) could not be imported.
U2-0356_4x12 Cali Far-Field A15.syx: Unknown error."

Ahh I forgot that... I've been using cablab with wave files all the time. I'm a bit sad that there is no way to check these out outside of Axe :(

@FractalAudio You mentioned that you had a better space to do another far field capture session in(an indoor soccer field, right?). Any updates on if this will still be happening in the future?

OK I know this post is a year old but the link still works, so I downloaded it and got this far now I'm stuck. Can anyone tell me what the next step is? Here is where I'm at:Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 9.30.33 AM.png

You mean in Axe Edit? no. But are you saying all I have to do is "select all" and drag them from my hard drive into Manage Cabs, and they we be loaded into the Axe 3?

You can drag multiple at a time, or just one. Just choose unused slots so you don't write over existing user cabs. The last photo is a representation of me dragging the file to an open slot. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Cab Manage first step.png
    Cab Manage first step.png
    215 KB · Views: 9
  • Cab Manage choose browser.png
    Cab Manage choose browser.png
    342 KB · Views: 10
  • Cab Manage choose directory.png
    Cab Manage choose directory.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 10
  • File Drop.png
    File Drop.png