*FREE* Far-Field Session #2 Cab Pack

Yeah, sorry Rex. Obviously I confused things by stating they are greyed out. In the Axe-Manage Browse window they do not appear however others do.

When I mentioned they were greyed out, It was when I was browsing folders thru Axe-Manage, which of course is because you would be browsing folders not files. So that isn't an issue. Sorry to confuse things.

I dragged two of the .syx files from the WinZip folder that was downloaded when I clicked on the link that was posted in the first post. Do I need to download again and unzip them all into a new folder and then move them accordingly?

Also, I realize that as Cliff pointed out, they most likely won't translate to AX8 like they do with the AX3 due to the limitations of the AX8/AXII. I'm just curious because I've been following the far field threads here and on TGP.
Yeah. Unzip first, then drag.

I dragged two of the .syx files from the WinZip folder that was downloaded when I clicked on the link that was posted in the first post. Do I need to download again and unzip them all into a new folder and then move them accordingly?

Yes, unzip them to a new folder first, then drag them from the new folder onto the Axe-Manage Cab Browser.

Yes, unzip them to a new folder first, then drag them from the new folder onto the Axe-Manage Cab Browser.

Thanks guys... I'm a PC guy but use a Mac for this stuff. I had to 'save as' when I clicked the link to save to ZIP file otherwise it came as a folder. Then I was able to double click to extract and uncompress. I've yet to try to load but I'm pretty sure user error in extracting the ZIP file properly is the culprit. It also explains why a buddy of mine was unable to use some presets I sent via a ZIP file.

edit: I did have to use Fractal Bot to load.

The sounds are interesting. I started to apply a GEQ and eventually realized that these are supposed to sound off-axis. duh.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... I'm a PC guy but use a Mac for this stuff. I had to 'save as' when I clicked the link to save to ZIP file otherwise it came as a folder. Then I was able to double click to extract and uncompress. I've yet to try to load but I'm pretty sure user error in extracting the ZIP file properly is the culprit. It also explains why a buddy of mine was unable to use some presets I sent via a ZIP file.

edit: I did have to use Fractal Bot to load.

The sounds are interesting. I started to apply a GEQ and eventually realized that these are supposed to sound off-axis. duh.

I tried them with the Axe FX II MK I and I supose without truncating it's not working well. I won't use them as there not working for me.

I tried them as an additional flavor for my cab blocks yesterday and I'll add that into all of my presets soon.

I added
Recto 4x12 A20 -15bb undelayed and
Recto 4x12 B30 -21db with 186ms delay.

Only -15dn and -21db? Yes!
That turned my sounds a bit more midrangey by taking away some too hard lows and too hard highs, but without destroying the original carakter.
I could then crank the volume way further up without anything hurting, but listening lower or louder, the guitar was always present.
Genius stuff!

I tried them as an additional flavor for my cab blocks yesterday and I'll add that into all of my presets soon.

I added
Recto 4x12 A20 -15bb undelayed and
Recto 4x12 B30 -21db with 186ms delay.

Only -15dn and -21db? Yes!
That turned my sounds a bit more midrangey by taking away some too hard lows and too hard highs, but without destroying the original carakter.
I could then crank the volume way further up without anything hurting, but listening lower or louder, the guitar was always present.
Genius stuff!

OK I will give this a shot. thank's man. You use 2 cab blocks or mix them in CabLab?

Ok So you can put them in a 2nd cab block on parallel to try them if enough CPU is left for that in the preset.
In the long run mixing it down in cab lab into one single IR saves lots of CPU power.

Sorry I haven't got an Axe FX III.

AX8 user here:
I loaded both 4x12 (recto & cali) as X/Y amps as scenes 1 & 2 to a/b them. I tried a combining the A & B cabs and summing them to mono for each respective cab. I eventually felt it defeated the purpose since they are shot as different degrees of axis. Combining them I did feel they met in the middle between ...if that makes sense. Ultimately, I did find myself trying to EQ it back to sound like the IR mix of a 57/121 that I currently use. Trying to get the sound more present, if you will. That's when I realized I was defeating the purpose and that ultimately I'm pretty happy with what I'm using. I did like the Recto best. The Cali had a ton of sizzle on top that I'd definitely have to EQ out if I were to use it.

I've got 3 monitors and could run the middle with the 57/121 setup and the other two far field and maybe get a AITR simulation......hypothetically thinking out loud here. But again, I'm on the AX8 and am going to wait it out for the FM3 and then dive back into it unless more breakthrough's happen on the AX8 platform.

I'll step back in my lane and try not to muddy the thread up for the AXEIII users. Just wanted to share my experience in case any AX8 or AXEII users are curious.

It looks like some of these IRs are 180 degrees out of phase with the others. E.g. the 4x12 Recto Far-Field B0. You can see these ones in the 'Align' tab of the Cab block where the initial peak on the graph goes downwards instead of upwards.

Is that intentional, or a bug?

These must be loaded one by one right? Unless I am seriously missing something with the fractal bot?..

I installed firmware 6.01 and I uploaded the banks a-c (384 presets), but I think I missed this addition?

I am still playing catch up to you guys, so I’m trying to discern or gauge if I have my axe iii all up to date even if I can’t use all features

Thank goodness that masters class is out now.....

Thanks for any replies

These must be loaded one by one right? Unless I am seriously missing something with the fractal bot?..

I installed firmware 6.01 and I uploaded the banks a-c (384 presets), but I think I missed this addition?

I am still playing catch up to you guys, so I’m trying to discern or gauge if I have my axe iii all up to date even if I can’t use all features

Thank goodness that masters class is out now.....

Thanks for any replies

Use cab manage in AE to do them all in one step.
Open the brower there, mark them all together (mark first in list and hold shift while marking end of list) and then copy and paste or drag and drop.

It’s $19
That’s not bad at all for top Knotch stuff
Plus you got a free pack #2
Disappointed , not me
More like thanks for BOGO even if you didn’t BO LOL! 😂

Back
Top Bottom