FREE Citrus 4x12 IR

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Here's a crazy stratty idea with this free IR:

Here's some high gainage:

Long story short. I usually rent cabs just like I planned to do with this one. However this time I immediately noticed how much I missed my good old "Citrus" rig and I couldn't stop playing with the cab so I called the guy up and bought it that instant. I LOVE THE "CITRUS" tone. :) It can sound modern and agressive like the "USA" cabs but it has this down to earth growl to it and gives space for bass. Definitely too heavy to leave the studio though. :lol

So I didn't feel pressured to start shooting any official IRs but just sticked to my test routine and everything checked okay. I just shot like 10 IRs with an SM57 and this free one is the first ever IR that I shot from that cab. The first one! You'll most likely realize why I had to buy this cab. :)

Have fun with the IR since I think it'll take some time for the official pack to arrive since there's quite a queue. :)

HERE'S THE LINK: https://db.tt/tSum0rpS

Last edited:
Here's a crazy stratty idea with this free IR:

Here's some high gainage:

Long story short. I usually rent cabs just like I planned to do with this one. However this time I immediately noticed how much I missed my good old "Citrus" rig and I couldn't stop playing with the cab so I called the guy up and bought it that instant. I LOVE THE "CITRUS" tone. :) It can sound modern and agressive like the "USA" cabs but it has this down to earth growl to it and gives space for bass. Definitely too heavy to leave the studio though. :lol

So I didn't feel pressured to start shooting any official IRs but just sticked to my test routine and everything checked okay. I just shot like 10 IRs with an SM57 and this free one is the first ever IR that I shot from that cab. The first one! You'll most likely realize why I had to buy this cab. :)

Have fun with the IR since I think it'll take some time for the official pack to arrive since there's quite a queue. :)

HERE'S THE LINK: https://db.tt/tSum0rpS

The first clip sounds quite a bit early-VH-ish, so much so I could be convinced that Eduardo used this cab...

Interesting sound, especially compared back to back with one of my OH Mesa cab IRs. It doesn't have quite the same breath and low extension, yet there's... I dunno, this growly woody thing that is really cool. (I hope that makes some kind of sense?) Definitely a great IR!

This impulse sounds really great. There's something special to me about an Orange cab that I only just realized this past year now. What's great is the speaker which this impulse is from I can directly pinpoint similar characteristics to my friend's Orange cabinet speakers (I took them out to try in different enclosures once). Magical sounding V30's if you ask me.

Definitely. The speakers in this cabinet are English Celestion V30s that are custom made for "Citrus" spec. Once again the difference between this particular V30 is just as big as the difference between a regular V30 and a Greenback. :)

The closest Cab Pack to this one tonally is probably Cab Pack 9 which would be the "Euro" but they also sound very different. The "Citrus" has more low end and less high mids. It's the kind of cab that you can turn the presence way up on your amp and you will not sound harsh.

this sounds really wonderful with clean tones as well......Thanks ....Have you given up your secret identity completely, or can I still call you Clark...?

Sure go ahead and call me Clark. I think I can never get rid of that nick name. :lol

I think Mikko is a cool name. I'm so used to hearing the same names over and over again in the U.S. (Jeremy, John, Michael, etc). On a side note, I grew up pre-internet, and I think it's mindblowing that I can interact with people from across the globe and create such phenomenal guitar tones using a computer. It amazes me every day.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for this IR. I tried it out this morning and it rocks! I paired it with the Blankenship Leeds model (the model I'm toying with right now) and the IR sounded incredible. Also paired well with the Plexi 50 and 1959SLP (both of which I set with the bright switch off). I'm very impressed.

Definitely. The speakers in this cabinet are English Celestion V30s that are custom made for "Citrus" spec. Once again the difference between this particular V30 is just as big as the difference between a regular V30 and a Greenback. :)
Although what's weird is whenever you ask Celestion about it, they will vehemently deny that there are different V30 specs, or that there's any difference between UK and China retail V30s. There's mixed evidence about the China/UK thing, but the amp manufacturers (Cali and Citrus ;) clearly have different speakers.

I think Mikko is a cool name. I'm so used to hearing the same names over and over again in the U.S. (Jeremy, John, Michael, etc). On a side note, I grew up pre-internet, and I think it's mindblowing that I can interact with people from across the globe and create such phenomenal guitar tones using a computer. It amazes me every day.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for this IR. I tried it out this morning and it rocks! I paired it with the Blankenship Leeds model (the model I'm toying with right now) and the IR sounded incredible. Also paired well with the Plexi 50 and 1959SLP (both of which I set with the bright switch off). I'm very impressed.

Mikko seems to be impossible for English people to pronounce correctly. :lol That's kind of the reason I was avoiding it before but then again hopefully it helps people remembering the name.

I also like it a lot with Plexis just like that stratty clip is the 100W plexi. It seems to give me nice balance of retro and new. :)

Back
Top Bottom