• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FREE Black Shadow MC-90 IR

Brownmatthall

Power User
Love the midrange in this, a little dark for my taste but it blends well with the checkerboard Marshall so it's a nonissue for me! Thank you

Freds55

Power User
Hey everyone,
So my dad just gave me his early Mesa Lonestar Special 1x12 loaded with a UK Celestion Mesa Black Shadow MC-90 speaker. I've never played one of those speakers before, so I thought I'd give it a "shot"... Ba-dum-pssh (sorry, terrible IR producer/dad joke) Anyway, I shot a single 57 and wanted to do one of those clips where I play the mic'ed up cab vs the Axe and an IR. To keep things as fair as possible, all amp settings are at default and there is no post EQ or anything. Just a limiter to make the clip a little louder. If I was dialing in a tone with this amp, I'd cut some bass and add a little top end, but I wanted to keep things as neutral as possible. I have to say, it's pretty darn close. So if you've been wanting a little Black Shadow IR love, here ya go.

Here's the clip, and you can grab the IR below. Enjoy!
PS. The IR will work with the Axe-Fx III, II, and AX8

Very nice sound man thank you for sharing that!!!
Most Awesome:)

greiswig

Power User
Like this IR a lot! Fat, and with a unique character. Thank you! I think I’ll have to pick up your Fender set now.

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
Love the midrange in this, a little dark for my taste but it blends well with the checkerboard Marshall so it's a nonissue for me! Thank you

Yeah, the midrange is really special with that speaker, and the cab/speaker combo kicks out a ton of low end. Even on the real amp I found myself cutting the bass and adding some top end. I never thought about blending it with the Checkmate pack, but I’ll have to try that out! Thanks for the tip!

Very nice sound man thank you for sharing that!!!
Most Awesome:)

You’re very welcome. I hope you’re having fun with it.

Like this IR a lot! Fat, and with a unique character. Thank you! I think I’ll have to pick up your Fender set now.

I’m glad you’re enjoying this IR. And thanks for picking up the Fender pack! It really means a lot to me, and I know you’ll dig it too. I use that 90% of the time when I’m working on music here in my studio. Thanks for the kind words and support.

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
I finally downloaded this IR and tried it with my Lonestar preset. This IR sounds great! I’ll be using it a lot.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. I love how that IR sounds especially on edge of breakup tones.
Found it thanks to the zombie thread.
Can't wait to try it out! Thanks @York Audio!
You’re very welcome. I’ve got some more free goodies coming. I may post them today if I have time.

Top Bottom