Free AX8 presets from Fremen

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Hello guys, I released a free presets pack :

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/ax8-free-samples-pack/

These free presets are samples from my various packs, for Quantum 10 firmware. They all have multiple scenes and controllers (using 2 or 3 expression pedals). They are bundle presets (except JC120 eighties clean), meaning they should be imported, and their cab(s) stored at the location of your choice. The preset will always remember where you store the cabs.

1. Acoustic sim (from Fremen’s picks)

A preset simulating an electro-acoustic sound using a regular electric guitar (not one with a piezo pickup). This one is optimized for a HSH or HSS pickup configuration, with the selector between bridge and middle pickups. It has 5 scenes : first one is dry, the others adds chorus, delay, crystal effects etc. It also has controllers for three external expression pedals : Pedal 1 morphs the rotary in (when depressed), Pedal 2 morphs the shimmer in (when depressed), Pedal 3 controls the volume.

2. Nothing else matters clean (from Fremen’s picks)

My main clean tone, optimized for a HSH or HSS pickup configuration, with the selector between bridge and middle pickups, or the neck pickup if it’s a single coil, or middle position in a HH config. No multiple scenes on this one, however the expression pedal 1, when depressed, adds some shimmer.

3. USA MKIIC++ lead (from Fremen’s picks)

My main high gain lead tone, optimized for bridge humbucker. Three scenes ; first one is brighter, second warmer, third adds the enhancer.

4. Dumble and Dumbler (from Cleans & Blues)

Fat fusion lead tone, for when I try to pretend I’m Robben Ford. 5 scenes with different gain settings. That one can sustain for days

5. JC120 80’s clean (from Fremen’s picks)

My main “eighties” type clean tone – think Rockman etc. 5 scenes, adding various effects. Expression pedal 1 is used for a dramatic violoning effect, with delay. Expression pedal 2 adds shimmer. Expression pedal 3 controls the volume.

6. Friedman BE C45 HGSP (from Metal & Brit)

HGSP stands for “high gain starting pack”, a series of presets I launched several years ago, long before I started selling presets. It has 5 scenes : 1 rhythm, 2 crunch, 3 lead 1, 4 lead 2 (less drive but warmer), 5 recording. There’s 32 HGSP presets in the Metal & Brit pack.

7. Matchbox D-30 5SC (from the 5 scenes pack)

A preset using 5 scenes with various amount of gain, from clean (scene 1) to high gain lead (scene 5).
In case you missed it, I also have a free acoustic pack for the AX8 :
https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/ax8-acoustic-simulation/

I don't have a specific demo for those 7 presets, however, here's the type of tones you can expect here, I'm amazed that this old video (for Quantum 3 firmware) reached 171,000 views

If you're going to convert them with Fractool, grab the Axe-Fx II version instead, they have a few more bell and whistles (parameters in the cab block which doesn't exist in the AX8 etc.)

Ahh sorry. I already answered in the other thread. I just thought my post had disappeared. So I reposted here.:D

:rolleyes:

Thank you for the free presets!

I am thinking about purchasing a pack for the AX8. Your web still says that they are for Quantum 9.04. Have they been updated to Q10?

Thank you for the free presets!

I am thinking about purchasing a pack for the AX8. Your web still says that they are for Quantum 9.04. Have they been updated to Q10?
They're not affected by Q10, and still sounds fine. I update when a new firmware affects the existing preset, it's not the case here

Downloaded, but not sure how to get the cabs? They didn't seem to be included.
these are bundle presets, in AX8 Edit, click on the IMPORT button to load each of them. You will then need to save the cab where you want

these are bundle presets, in AX8 Edit, click on the IMPORT button to load each of them. You will then need to save the cab where you want
Thanks Fremen, these are fantastic! I think I will definately be purchasing the mega bundle. It will compliment the Austin presets quite nicely. Cheers

Thanks Fremen, these are fantastic! I think I will definately be purchasing the mega bundle. It will compliment the Austin presets quite nicely. Cheers
Great ! Austin presets and mine are a match made in heaven

They all have multiple scenes and controllers (using 2 or 3 expression pedals).

Does this mean I need to have 2-3 expression pedals connected to my AX8 to use these presets ahd have them sound right?

I update when a new firmware affects the existing preset, it's not the case here

How do you tell?

You don't need expression pedals to use those. But you'll have access to some morphing effects if you have.
How do I tell = my ears

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom