Fredrik Thordendal and Meshuggah's Presets

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there! Seeking for some Meshuggah tones! (or else a great direction) Especially those on Koloss which I have seen Fredrik use an AXE FX II.
My tones are usually lack some low mids punch and tightness no matter what I do.

BTW, if there a plan to bring more artist presets for AX3, so Fredrik's Solo and rhythm guitar presets will be great

Hi there! Seeking for some Meshuggah tones! (or else a great direction) Especially those on Koloss which I have seen Fredrik use an AXE FX II.
My tones are usually lack some low mids punch and tightness no matter what I do.

BTW, if there a plan to bring more artist presets for AX3, so Fredrik's Solo and rhythm guitar presets will be great
+1! The Thordendal amps are awesome, especially with the Grind boost. Lead patches would be amazing.

Ironically, Koloss was the one album that they went back to real amps and cabs for recording. Plague Sythe on Youtube has some excellent tutorials for how to dial in various metal tones, including Meshuggah, on an AX8. I'm using an FM3 now, but I've been able to follow his settings and dial in equivalents pretty easily.

Ironically, Koloss was the one album that they went back to real amps and cabs for recording. Plague Sythe on Youtube has some excellent tutorials for how to dial in various metal tones, including Meshuggah, on an AX8. I'm using an FM3 now, but I've been able to follow his settings and dial in equivalents pretty easily.
How does it sound? Or put a video on here please. I’m very curious

They (also) used real amps with the latest album the violent sleep of reason.

They are from Axe II, but Deftones ones are oficial.

I believe those are my Meshuggah tonematch presets? Someone changed the name of the zip. Either way, they should sound good on an Axe Fx II at least. I even sent them to Fredrik to try out. I heard later that Fredrik was using cabs live that were actually tonematches/IRs from the Chaosphere album. Maybe he used mine... don't know, probably not hahaha but fun to think about.

I believe those are my Meshuggah tonematch presets? Someone changed the name of the zip. Either way, they should sound good on an Axe Fx II at least. I even sent them to Fredrik to try out. I heard later that Fredrik was using cabs live that were actually tonematches/IRs from the Chaosphere album. Maybe he used mine... don't know, probably not hahaha but fun to think about.

Yes! They are yours. Zip is like I have it named on my computer.

For Koloss they used the axe fx ultra

They used VST's from Cubase Amprack. They just reamped clean signals. They talked about it on the koloss doc at 5:48

OMG May I get those IRs?

How do these presets sound switching the to the axe fx 3?

Don't know, I guess you'd have to extract the IRs first since you can't load the tonematch blocks from the II onto the III AFAIK. I guess if you do that it could work ;) My old link for the .zip is probably gone, my dropbox is full but maybe I can find a way to upload the original zip. You could also just download the one from this thread as those seem to be the exact files that I made. Should be identical if no-one messed with them.

Back
Top Bottom